Tenrec - The Vanguard of Spines

Lubiel

Suggestion

Tenrec - The Vanguard of Spines

In the dark and enigmatic depths of the Aberration caves, resides an extraordinary and fascinating creature known as the Tenrec. With its impressive appearance and unique abilities, this wall of spines stands out as a formidable guardian and loyal companion in underground adventures. The Tenrec is a medium-sized creature with a muscular body and a tough, scaly skin. What catches the eye are the sharp spines that cover its dorsal spine, providing formidable defense against potential threats. It excels as a reliable guide, capable of exploring radioactive and dangerous areas without suffering the harmful effects. For those seeking a dependable companion in the abyssal depths, the Tenrec is the perfect choice.

Size estimate:

IMG-20230709-WA0083.jpg.5a6765d8348eb0dfb7bcc9f9766a456a.jpg

Appearance (AI-generated art, sorry, I can't draw) :

IMG-20230709-WA0085.jpg.353c1b9af0554e48c8e87931824482fc.jpg

Domestication Method: Passive

Once the survivors obtain the food capable of taming Tenrec (fruits and vegetables) they can peacefully approach and offer the food. Upon sensing the presence of food, Tenrec will lower its guard in order to "disable" its spikes in an offensive way.  During this period, survivors can take the opportunity to gently stroke their skin without taking damage. As survivors continue to feed and pet the Tenrec on a regular basis, the taming level will gradually increase.

Active Skills:

Ability 1 - Basic Attack: Tenrec alternates between his claws and bites when attacking opponents

Ability 2 - Sonic Detection: Tenrec's spikes have the ability to vibrate and detect subtle sound waves in the environment. This allows him to identify surrounding threats or even camouflaged creatures, giving survivors a tactical advantage when exploring.

Ability 3 - Seismic Hammer: The Tenrec can unleash a powerful shockwave by slamming the ground hard, causing a seismic tremor that affects enemy creatures in an area around it. Causes a slow to affected enemies, significantly lowering their movement speed for a short period of time. Requires a relatively long reload time

Ability 4 - Defense Stance: The Tenrec adopts a defensive stance, crouching low. Activating the skill decreases your movement speed, but gains resistance against attacks that can stun or throw you and a slight extra resistance.

Passive Skills:

Radiation Resistance: It has a natural resistance to radiation which makes it capable of exploring highly radioactive areas without suffering the harmful effects of radiation, allowing survivors to use it as a safe guide in dangerous environments.

Toxin Resistance: It has a natural resistance to poisons and toxins.

Natural protection: Contains a tough skin that provides an additional layer of protection against damage. It can soak up all damage before its spiked carapace weakens so it can take damage, offering survivors protection during battles or encounters with hostile creatures. Survival of the carapace is determined according to the total hp of the creature (20%) The cooldown for the recovery of this carapace/armor is low (30s) however, Tenrec cannot suffer any type of damage in the meantime, if it suffers the timer starts from 0 again.

Weight reduction: The Tenrec can be utilized to carry additional items, acting as a "backpacker" for survivors. It has the ability to carry a high amount of collected resources as all items will have their weight reduced, allowing players to carry more items without overloading themselves.

Damage Retribution: Lastly, it has a passive ability that allows it to automatically reciprocate part of the physical damage taken by attacks from enemy creatures.

Note: Thanks to everyone who read this article about Tenrac. I'm happy to share this idea I had.  I am open to any suggestions and opinions. I don't speak English so some sentences may have been slightly confusing Again it is worth mentioning that all "concept arts" were made by i.a

IMG-20230709-WA0087.jpg.4c627b5ed638b6fd937f0c86bc9c7f5a.jpg

Animal based : Hemicentetes semispinosus

Edited by Lubiel

1 reply to this server topic