dossier Necrolestes (the horror of the underground)

MoleKing

Suggestion

Hi,  i am the mole king. But I'm not here to talk about myself. Aberration is my favorite map, and as my favorite map, I'm delighted to contribute a new creature to it. Without further ado, I present to you: Necrolestes Patagonensis.

297979993_Necrolestesdossier-v7(1)(1).png.c0044fe20a50e7cddf4c754fa3db378b.png
Dossier:

Common name: Necrolestes (Big mole)

Species: Necrolestes Patagonensis

Time: Early Miocene

Diet: Insectivorous

Temperament: Territorial

Domesticated:

Taming these creatures, it's not an easy job, their size and temperament don't help. But once get this solved, they become a fundamental part o transport and defense. Survivors use them as a safe method o fast transportation, safely gathering resources. I have also been able to see howw a large group of survivors use them to catch other creatures, without risking much and finish them off in a short time.

Wild:

Being a very territorial species, I had the fortune or missfortune to see these beings in the distance. And they are not at all like the little moles, i was used to se or their cousin the naked mole rat.

I saw how a group attacked, a Karkinos who mistakenly stepped on their burrow, immediately catching him and attacking, from various directions so quickly taht it's scary. Without a doubt, the necorlestes are very aggressive species.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aberration is a map that we consider to have undergone an accident, and certain creatures have changed drastically due to the liquid element and radiation. This is also the case with this animal. When this happened, they had to dig deeper to avoid powerful predators such as Karkinos, among others. And unknowingly, several of them came into contact with the element, fighting among themselves, leaving only the largest ones.

One of the females underwent a more drastic mutation, and the species adopted a eusocial system ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eusociality which is actually a real behavior that naked mole rats have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_mole-rat )

Creating huge burrows that function around the female (or queen). 

Problems they solve:

Aberration is already a complex map, especially at the beginning before obtaining a Rock Drake. The Necrolestes is a solution to escape, travel, or attack depending on the situation. 

·           Crossing the rivers of Aberration is very dangerous, but what if you could simply pass underneath your enemies quickly without being detected?

·         What can I do if I accidentally wake up a Basilisk and I don't have anything powerful to defend myself with? What if I could dig faster? 

·         The naked mole rat is often hard to see because of its appearance.

·         The Basilisk's digging ability could be improved. 

·         The concept of a eusocial system of mammals would be an interesting mechanic that adds more gameplay to the game

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrolestes

Necrolestes-abilities.png.33942b9eb751ab4ea353c5455128186d.png

Utility:

• The male Necrolestes can dig just like the Basilisk, however, it's faster (not very fast on the surface) and cannot carry as much weight.
  • When underground, it's undetectable by other dinos unless they are very close (it generates particles of dirt).
  • The appearance of the saddle is not just a decoration, as being underground provides the survivor with oxygen. The Necrolestes drains its stamina and oxygen while moving underground (oxygen drains slowly). If it gets tired or runs out of oxygen, it will automatically surface.
  • They can follow while is underground, when you whistle for them to follow you. You can also disable this, by clicking the menu to turn it on or off. (As they are a little slower on the surface, it is recommended that they move by digging)
  • Whistling to attack a target, they will chase it from the underground and charge to the surface when close to attack it. (if their enemy is faster they will try to catch it using their ability to soften the ground to stun them)
  • While underground, it's immune to shots, hits, and being grabbed by other creatures. It's not immune to explosions and cannot pass under structures (it's not immune to anything on the surface).
  • It cannot attack while underground.
  • While underground, it has the ability to soften the ground (it can pounce on a dino underground and make the ground beneath it collapse, stunning it for 5 seconds. This ability has a cooldown of 20 seconds).
  • Another ability it has while underground is to burst out of the ground suddenly, dealing damage and pushing creatures away. (this drains a lot of stamina)
  • On the surface, it has a claw attack (which deals damage) and can farm Stone and metal (it has reduced metal farming).
  • It also has a biting attack (which deals damage) and can farm fiber and a few berries. (it isn’t the best farming this)
  • The female gives a pack buff effect when surrounded by several male Necrolestes, giving them more damage and greater resistance. (this effect decreases as more females Necrolestes are nearby)
  • An ability that could be cool for the game but  very broken and horrible to code is (is discarded): the undergroud movement but from vertical and horizontal surface this means that they could “climb but from inside the ground” (this would drain a lot of stamina as a consequence, but realistically it would bug the game a lot).

Taming:

Necrolestes can be found in Mega Burrows and Big Burrows, which can only be broken like stones.

They can also be immediately removed from the burrow with poison gas bombs. (destroying it in the process)

·        Big Burrows:

There is only one lonely mega mole. Which will come out once the burrow receive damage.

·        Mega burrows:

It will work as a wave system, the more damage you do, the more will come out to defend it (the wave system is similar to that of giant bees, but with a limited group of low level Necrolestes). Eventually, the female (or the queen) Necrolestes will come out with a group of males stronger than the first waves. 

Some Necrolestes can be also found walking near the mega burrows

To tame them, once they are outside, they must be put to sleep without a burrow nearby.

Drops:

Mega Mole:

·        Hide.png.4bd98bf7fde1c2fcd527fc23e4a17d40.png

·      Keratine.png.7972159607fe12c4d69237b8e4253fc5.png  

·       Meat.png.37eea4799f7a7eb4241de312f19e83f6.png

Big Burrow:

-Stone (60%) Small_Stone.png.48e5062e3ebc3b9841e37792f947d4dd.png
  -Metal (15%) Small_Metal.png.b50f0a21a0890084fd4c43c02d76b6ec.png
  -Green Gems (15%) Green-Gem.png.73fd41780f629676dca88490a0775d23.png
  -Blue Gems (10%) Blue-Gem.png.d96571f842f8c51a84a2e8bdbf8e5415.png

Mega Burrow:

-Stone (50%) Small_Stone.png.48e5062e3ebc3b9841e37792f947d4dd.png