Thanos Simonottoi! The Gem Collector! (Added Art)

ThePrimeWithin7

Suggestion

Common Name: Thanos s.

Species Name: Thanos simonattoi

Era: Late Cretaceous 

Diet: Carnivorous

Temperament: Collector

Tameable: Yes

Rideable: Yes

Breedable: Yes

2048008360_Thanossimonattoi2(3).jpg.b79574d9b604e8055da83e28502e6b68.jpg

Wild: Thanos simonattoi is yet another case of the Ark’s environments changing the behaviors of its occupants. This typically unremarkable example of a non-apex carnivore, standing not much taller than a Carnotaurus, has become something more formidable due to the radiation here. Not only is it seemingly immune to the radiation, but the animal seems almost empowered by it. 

Another bizarre trait about Thanos s. is its affinity towards rocks. It will secrete a sweat-like substance that doubles as a strong adhesive and roll around on the ground, covering it in rocks to create a sort of armor. I’ve noticed this rocky covering makes the animal harder to hit, unless broken by numerous hits to it or one powerful explosion of some sort. However, there is only one thing Thanos s. Loves more than rocks. Gems. 

There have been numerous cases in which I’ve stumbled upon a horde of gems, only to find that once I pick one up, I’m being chased by the most rage-filled beast on all of Ark. Not even a Giga has seemed this angry by anything. There have been times where I have watched a Thanos s. take on creatures three or four times its size over the glowing stones and win. 

I’ve also seen Thanos s. roll around in gems, adhering them to their bodies to ensure nobody tries to their hand at snatching one of their precious stones. I do admit, it gives them a nice glowing pattern to their bodies that is unlike a lot of the creatures I’ve seen. 

Domesticated: I’d assume someone who has the guts to attempt taming this creature would find it a pretty remarkable ally and powerful war mount. Finding a way to get through its armor, knocking it out, and giving it some gems would likely be the best method of taming it, however I’ve never attempted such a dangerous endeavor. The tamer would find that Thanos s. has a remarkable sort of “6th sense” in finding gems. This is likely a side-effect of the radiation from the red gems. Perhaps something interesting happens once Thanos s. has one of every kind of gem. I haven’t really stuck around to find out. 

Abilities: 

Ability 1: Bite

Ability 2: Sense Gems. Locates the nearest gem for the player and creates a beacon that the player can only see while mounted on the creature. 

Ability 3: Rage mode. Only with a saddle equipped. Players can activate a sort of “carrot on a stick” function with the saddle, but instead of a carrot, a gem is placed on the stick. The gem being just out of reach at all times will make Thanos s. go into rage mode, increasing its speed and attack power as long as the gem is in front of it. 

Ability 4: Rock armor. Thanos s. will roll on the ground, covering itself in a rocky armor. The creature will gain a second health bar for the armor. This takes reduced damage from wooden tools and arrows, as well as most dinosaur attacks. 

Passive 1: Gem hoarding mode. Players can set a return point for Thanos s. and he begins to hunt for gems. It will pick up any loose gems it finds and place it in the return point.

Passive 2: Radiation Immune

Passive 3: Gem rage. If a non-ally creature or player takes a gem within a radius of Thanos s, this will active its gem rage. Thanos s. Will gain the effects of rage mode and will follow the gem-nabber a further distance than most dinosaurs will follow any aggressor in-game. 

Attaching gems: Players can attach gems to Thanos s. which will empower the animal further. 

Green gems: Increased speed

Blue gems: Increased radius of gem sense

Red gems: Increased damage

Players can attach up to 5 of each gem onto the creature, stacking the effects up to 5 times. 

Edited by ThePrimeWithin7

1 reply to this server topic