Placerias (Surface Looter's Best Friend, Faux Reaper, and Mobile Taming Pen)

Silogorn

Suggestion

Placerias are extinct mammal-like reptiles from the Triassic period. Ark has little representation for this group of animals, limited to just Lystrosaurus, Moschops, and Dimetrodon so far. Its about time to get something exciting in this creatire class (and a different suggestion than the gorgonops ;) )

Appearance

Placerias in Ark are obviously much larger than they were in real life, slightly larger than a Trike. They have a colorful primitive version of hair on their belly and tails, also sporting some mean tusks that they use for digging. Due to their living in the caves of Abberation, they have evolved beautiful luminescent spots down their back.

placerias.jpg.bce3749cb7b7ac912b1888965fcf7f70.jpg1365077894_placeriasfront.jpg.90370b4b9597b0a736a98c05281be6f6.jpg

(I have no experience with digital artwork, so unfortunately I only have my hand drawings to show my idea. I think its a great idea and deserves a chance, so please do not judge the creature solely off of the artwork. If anyone who has experience with digital art desires to draw Placerias for me, have at it :) )

Wild

I have only observed Placerias to travel in packs. As a gentle herbivore, they are too large and intimidating to be attacked my most predators. It seems their appearance is intimidating to most creatures, they wave their tusks back in forth and stand their ground. I even witnessed a strong herd of Placerias intimidating a full grown Spinosaurus and backing it up into a ravine. On the few occasions I have seen Placerias attacked by predators, they lose all their senses and go into a panic. When frightened, they make their best attempt of escape by burying their heads in the ground with their tusks. A rather funny sight, but an easy kill for even the weakest of survivors.

1003810698_buryhead.jpg.8986e7554326568fc5f7afb0f679a7b6.jpg

Taming

To tame a Placerias, you must protect it from predators while its head is buried on the ground. (Maybe an OSD style defense to tame? I am open to siggestions on the taming process)

Domesticated

Once domesticated, Placerias are an excellent aid through out the caves of Aberration. Despite their size, their backs are weak and cannot support the weight of a survivor and cargo. Their legs however are incredibly strong and can drag a significant amount of weight. To travel with your Placerias, attach a chariot behind it and let it drag you! This allows you to carry a significant amount of weight. You will find it worth while to tame more than one placerias, as up to 4 can be used in tangent to drag a single chariot. With each additional Placerias added to your chariot team (1-3 additional, up to 4), you will gain more speed and drag weight. 

saddle.jpg.aa598c4119d974897a08748652480f5a.jpgcarriage.jpg.83b92e4b2de64c882cdc6870e7438e7a.jpg

Uses

Placerias have a plethora of uses (see what I did there?). They will be useful from the very beginning of a survivors journey to the very end. In the early game, placerias can be used to dig up red gems, in small amounts (similar to wild roll rats digging up gems). They can also be used to venture all the way down to red biome. If you only have one tamed placerias, it will be capable of intimidating many foes, but not all, and will flee when attacked. With at least 2, they will be brave enough to attack. Their attack pawer increases with the number of Placerias in your posse. A group of 4 is capable of intimidating and surrounding larger creatures (up to a spino in size), making Placerias basically a mobile taming pen. 

945584937_cornerspino.jpg.518933ad8359f823c69631d2f12593b8.jpg

Uses continued, (Reaper Imitator)

Once exposed to radiation, Placerias become extremely scared. Though impacted slightly with damage, the radiation poses no real threat to them. However, their fright causes them to unleash blood curdling screams that sound surprisingly similar to Reaper Kings and Queens. No creature will even come close to a screaming Placerias, even in the radiated zone. Everything thinks that they are reapers and will keep their distance! Because of this, they can be taken down to the red biome to harvest obscene amounts of red gems with little to no worry of being attacked. The only creature that will not be fooled by a screaming Placerias is a reaper queen, so survivors must still be wary. 

Surface Looter

End game survivors have also been known to coat their placerias posse in reaper queen pharamones, which decieves reaper kings into thinking that your placerias are, well, reapers like them. Your placerias can sense when reaper kings are near on the surface and will unleash their similar scream, which when mixed with being dowsed in reaper pharamone will trick the surface reaper kings entirely. This allows survivors to take their chariots around on the surface to collect valuable loot drops with no worry of being attacked by reapers.

I hope you enjoy this creature submission! Remember to upvote if you liked it, and please comment your suggestions. Lets get Placerias the chance to make the ultimate impact on the Aberration experiance!

2 replies to this server topic

12 hours ago, cjmannowar said:

I LOVE this idea! Might be over powered by basically being invulnerable but still really cool and I like how its unique compared to the big scary carnivores that typically win these

Thank you! Maybe to keep it balanced the placerias posse would have to stay in a certain formation to ward off predators? Or maybe a mini game sort of thing when faced against a larger predator?