Suggestion

Giant Scorpion - MTG | Fantasy monster, Fantasy beasts, Creature art

Dossier:
Gigantoscorpio Willsi

Time: Visean age of the Carboniferous

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild

"Gigantoscorpio Willsi is a very intelligent and patient hunter. It buries itself under the surface sticking its tail above  lying in wait for an unfortunate victim large enough to sense. That unfortunate soul will be pierced by its tail and injected with a very deadly venom that causes complete paralysis, even the biggest and meanest hunters succumb to the toxin."

Domesticated

"Taming Gigantoscorpio Willsi is a very delicate and careful process, I mentioned previously that it lies in wait for something large enough to sense. I myself have stood above this beast and it didn't attack. Seen as how large they are, they must take a large amount of food to stay sustained. I managed to lure a Diplodocus over to it and before I could get out of the way it attacked, nearly hitting me! Not long after, the Diplodocus collapsed, but Gigantoscorpio Willsi didn't reveal itself straight away. I noticed its head pop up briefly, it must have been looking for predators. It later dug itself out and began feasting upon the paralyzed Diplodocus.

I've only seen a handful of these domesticated but from what I've heard, their toxin can be extracted and synthesized into a more potent narcotic that can be used to make darts, some tribes have even gone so far as to use the creature to tranquilize others. Asides from its powerful sedative, its just as stealthy when domesticated as it is wild being able to bury its rider with it. Its outer shell seems to cause it to have a resistance to gunfire and has even been known to defend its rider with its large pincers. Being so large, its tail has alot of range and can be used to pluck gliders out of the sky!"

Gameplay:

Wild

Gigantoscorpio Willsi is a large creature (around the size of a Diplo/Rex) but is extremely shy, it will not come out of its buried form unless there is a paralyzed creature nearby. Before it emerges, it will check to see if any predators or humans are nearby (players can wear Ghillie). Whilst in its buried form, it has its tail revealed in a mound so you can see it slightly. Gigantoscorpio Willsi will only ever attack creatures larger than an Allosaurus like this.

Taming

Taming Gigantoscorpio Willsi is complicated, players must first lure it out by getting a creature paralyzed in the area either by wild or tamed creatures. Anything smaller than an Allosaurus wont suffice, including babies. Once it has paralyzed something and shows its head, there must be no carnivorous or humans (not wearing ghillie) in the area, otherwise it won't emerge to feed. The creature that has been paralyzed must have bio toxin on it, this causes Gigantoscorpio Willsi to begin losing torpidity. Depending on the level/taming multiplier, it may require more than one creature with bio toxin. 

After it has passed out from the bio toxin, players can feed it any form of meat. It particularly likes spoiled meat, Kibble is also extremely good!

Domesticated

After it has finally been tamed, a saddle can be equipped and it can be ridden! The saddle has the player situated on its head, Gigantoscorpio Willsi has some very interesting uses:

1. It has passive resistance to gunfire, including turrets.
  2. Holding C/RAS can protect its rider by blocking line of sight from the front with its massive pincers.
  3. Left Click/RT is its basic attack, Left click/RT can be held up for a charge attack that causes both broken bones and bleed!
  4. Right Click/LT is its tails attack, this can be used to great lengths with knocking other creatures out (increasing melee damage also increases the torpidity damage). Holding Right Click/LT allows it to thrust its tail in the sky piercing flyers/gliders and dragging them down.
  5. Pressing CTRL/RB will cause it to bury allowing you to still use its tail. Pressing C/RAS whilst buried will pop its head up. Holding C/RAS cannot protect the rider.
  6. Weapons can be equipped while ridden.
  7. It is immune to the Paralysis Toxin it produces.

Breeding

Breeding Gigantoscorpio Willsi is also tricky and delicate, both the male and female must be buried to begin mating. When the egg is laid, it is stuck where the female was until it hatches.

Stats

Gigantoscorpio Willsi is slow when it comes to movement but is quick with its attacks, it deals significant damage with its left click attack but deals piercing (goes through armor) damage with its tail, albeit weaker than the left click. It is somewhat tanky and can be used as a turret sponge because of the resistance to gunfire.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet