Xenosmilus the Relentless Tracker

Kas27

Suggestion

667cc03db4eebe3b49242a0ebf87ff44.jpg

Hello fellow survivors, I am introducing a concept for a creature that solves a major annoyance in our (non-moded) gameplay, the Xenosmilus! 

Remember this is just ideas Wildcard does not have to implement any of the ideas below

Table of Contents:

1. Dossier Text

2. Abilities

3. Controls

4. Habitat

5. Real Life Information

5. Extra links

Dossier

Common name: Xenosmilus

Species: Xenosmilus Hodsonae

Time: Pleistocene

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild: 

When I initially encountered Xenosmilus Hodsonae I thought it was a variant of Thylacoleo Furtimorus. It had similar size, muscle structure, and temperament; but sporting a significantly shorter tail. However, on closer inspection I realised that Xenosmilus was a different species having no ability to climb, having a more honed sense of smell, and preferring to hunt in packs. This creature was able to smell creatures from an outrageous distance and used that ability to hunt it's chosen prey down.

Domesticated:

In order to tame of one these creatures you need to make use of their incredible sense of smell. You must approach a young Xenosmilus when the rest of it's pack is not paying attention whether that because they are asleep, elsewhere, or no longer alive. Once you are close to the cub you must drop a piece of clothing so it can get used to your scent. Once you have done this enough times the cub will be tamed and start to follow you around instead of it's original pack, proving to be a useful addition to any tribe. Once tamed, this creature offers a unique ability: being able to sniff corpses to find more of that species (for wild creatures) or tribe (for tamed creatures and humans), the extent or this ability seems to be based off of the creatures oxygen.

Abilities

Don't you just hate it when you look for a creature for hours only to have it being an extremely low level? That is why I want the main ability to be Xenosmilus can smell corpses of creatures and humans to find their species or tribe. This way if you find a low level creature you can let your Xenosmilus smell the corpse and then it will be able to locate any of the same species in a nearby area similar to how a parasaur works except only for a certain species. When you use this ability on killed tamed dinos or humans you can see members of their tribe in an area. For both of these it will be based off of their oxygen stat giving actual incentive for non-aquatic creatures to have high oxygen stat.

This creature will also have a pack bonus and pack roar similar to most of the existing examples.

This creature would bleed based of real life hunting theories.

Gets extra damage against Daedons, the closest Ark equivalent of their prey.

Controls

Main attack: Bite 

Secondary attack: Hold for sniff corpses ability

Third attack: Pack roar (if available)

Habitat

Xenosmilus lives in woodlands with plenty of trees and bushes to hide behind

Real life information

Xenosmilus measured up to be about 2m (6 feet) long, estimated to weigh about 300 - 350 kg (660 - 770 lb). All of it's teeth were serrated not just the fangs like most creatures. It was thought to use a "Bite and Retreat" strategy were it would bite then run away, letting the target bleed out. It was referred to as "Cookie-Cutter Cat". It was located in Florida. There has been many bones of wild pigs discovered in suspected Xenosmilus dens likely meaning they dragged them back to their den. 

Extra Links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenosmilus 

https://web.archive.org/web/20211109092624/https://coffeeandcreatures.co.uk/2019/12/19/xenosmilus-facts/

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/species/x/xenosmilus.html

If you have any suggestions please let me know. Lets bring Xenosmilus to Ark Survival Ascended!

xenosmilus-roman-uchytelscience-photo-library.jpg

xenosmilus.jfif

Edited by Kas27

6 replies to this server topic

Just now, Concavenaterix said:

Me encanto que te tomaras la molestia de darle una buena explicacion a este gran felino, profundizar el y reconocer su existencia me da la sensacion de que no solo es una criatura mas, sino un ser que existio y lo tomaste en cuenta... pero mi pregunta si esta pensado para un mapa como ragnarock?

Y por cierto; sus habilidades me parecen muy interesantes y adecuadas para el tipo de especie que es, a mi me alegra que sus capacidades no estén exageradas 

8D6038E7-CDF9-49C9-A749-D8D694BC4984.webp.a9e241fd71d9f7f9d8ad7111ebd3bf61.webpOne idea that I thought could be cool is that Xenosmilus unlike other cats don’t have digitigrade feet where it’s more like their walking on their fingers, they instead have plantigrade feet which is what bears and humans have. So yes, they can stand on their hind legs. So if this creature was added I would like a standing roar like the dire bear or a stance switch where they rear up for a damage and armor boost while also intimidating certain creatures around it1798650B-9C68-4887-8914-C25480AEB323.png.2ec64e10e8624dbe980449e3ada22836.png

Edited by RaccoonBeBoolin