Proborhyaena Gigantea, marsupial lion anti air tame

Spinyx

Suggestion

My idea for the Proborhyaena is to make it an anti flyer tame as currently it is too safe in the sky, this will probably get sorta fixed with the Rhyniognatha but it has yet to be confirmed if it spawns on Scorched Earth and Wyverns are likely to remain king of the sky even if it does, besides this we don't have a lot of marsupials in the game and for the other creatures which aren't that common in ark: water tames wouldn't work on Scorched, we just got an insect and I have no unique idea for a Sinapsid lmao.

(I'm not an artistic genious so there won't be a dossier sorry)

Wild: The Proborhyaena likes to live alone near the mountains where it protects its territory from any survivor or creature who dares to approach, scaring them off using their powerful leap not too different from a that of a Thylacoleo only it does not need a tree to pounce on its prey as it uses its powerful hind legs to jump similarly to a Procoptodon to pin down even Argentavis, yet it seems to struggle with Wyverns they can reach them but with their powerful wings the Wyverns can not be pinned down, instead it sticks on like a Deinonychus! but unlike the Deinonychus it can not attack while holding on, instead it applies a strong bleed by seeping in its claws deeper and deeper into the Wyvern's flesh, that paired with its high weight which is due to its large rear leg muscles will eventually tire out the Wyvern forcing it to land where the Proborhyaena has the advantage.

Taming: Only once have I seen a tribe being able to tame the Proborhyaena, they did this by beating it in its own territory and feeding it Wyvern milk to recover after the fight.

Domesticated: After taming the Proborhyaena it will remain incredibly loyal for the rest of its life and can be used to traverse the vast desert with relative ease, besides this they are used by the tribe to knock enemy survivors who are taking advantage of their flyers out of the sky to not only take their loot but also shatter their confidence, the tribe said that while strong against flyers the Proborhyaena seems to almost always lose to Deathworms, the tribe leader told me it is because they have been so specialized at fighting off enemies from above that it almost can not fight anything from beneath, the tribe also told me there is a little extra but they won't tell me what I guess I'll have to figure that out myself.

Left click: simple bite, does 10-20% extra damage to flyers but about 5-10% less damage to underground creatures like Deathworms (and Basilisks, Reapers, Nameless' etc if transferred) 

Right click: powerful leap that charges like the Procoptodon, Reaper, Crab etc but works more like that of a Thyla (when it jumps off a tree) with its movement and the fact it pins down targets, if a target is too big (basically anything Rex sized which or up in Scorched that would mean Deathworms, Yuty's, Paracers, Giga's, Charchar's, Titanosaurus' and Rock golems) it will not work unless they are flyers like the Quetzal, Wyverns, Astrocetus and maybe Rhynio in which case it'll grab onto it like the Deinonychus which applies a bleed, rapidly drains target's stamina and slows them down eventually forcing them to the ground, if they land while the Proborhyaena is attached they'll recieve a debuff causing them to regen stamina 20% slower and recieve 10% extra damage

C key: a roar which is either asthetic or applies a debuff similar to a Yuty only without them running away would only work on quite small creatures like Raptor's or smaller

Passive 1: reduced fall damage

Passive 2: reduced damage taken from flyers and increased damage taken by underground creatures

Passive 3: rider can't be picked up off the back by flyers

Base stat idea:

Hp: 500-600

Stamina: 400-500

Weight: 500

Damage: lmb: 50-55, rmb: 10-20 dps

speed: slightly slower than Thyla like 80-90% of its speed

saddle would probably be unlocked between level 60 and 70 would probably have basically the same cost as the Thyla saddle only every resource multiplied by 1.5 for the cost and would have the normal 25 armor and 20 weight the design could include some defense from above to fit the whole passive 3 thing

info about the real thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proborhyaena 

picture:

image.jpeg.5fdfcd674079e8b75c00f586c8abc3ea.jpeg

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived