Herpestes Lemanensis (Mongoose!) - Torpor Shield Shoulder Pet

bigJeep

Suggestion

Greetings! Hope I'm not late to showcase my creature idea: A Mongoose!

my_mongoose_dossier.jpg.e116f853bcb5523bf562301f3aebe126.jpg

Made sure to reference an unfortunately extinct species to make it eligible for the submission.

To those who aren't familiar, mongooses are little carnivores from places like Africa and India, most of them are very aggressive and are prime hunters of venomous snakes due to their extraordinary venom resistance. You think they might look like Otters, but they're not related at ALL. Meerkats for example are mongooses if that rings a bell 👀

Many mongooses live in arid areas, which makes them a nice fit for Scorched Earth

It could be some sort of counter for serpents... but the ones we got in Ark are a bit too much compared to what mongooses are used to, specially considering they've got not advantage against constrictors (or an enormous basilisk).

Abities 

+ It doesn't make your survivor or your mount immune to torpor. Think it like a shield - as the name suggests - it prevents a set amount of incoming torpor and, once such amount is depleted, must be replenished before protecting you from stings again!

+ When an aggressive enemy approaches whoever the Mongooses are hung onto (and if they're set up) they'll jump and "latch" on the target, stunning it! Think of it as a "pocket Purlovia" maybe

+ How many can hang on your shoulder or tame might depeng on weight, drag weight, level, stat... or whatever WC wishes

I think that's it, nothing too deep. Just a nice little companion with some drawings trying to show what I mean and what I came up with :)

4 replies to this server topic

Wow Snake killer and Mongoose do it very well!  I love it and we could use some help with the nasty snakes in Ark. I would love to see more mammals added to Ark and this guy would a useful tame. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with for this critter to get it more votes and adding the Snake killer to it's many uses would be a plus indeed.

Archived