Gestation monitor structure item

PsychoKittn

Suggestion

I've been absolutely loving the egg incubator for breeding, but I feel like there's a big difference in functionality between raising eggs vs raising gestation babies. Monitoring gestation is signigicantly more involved than eggs and there's way too much menu diving the way it's currently designed. This can create an aversion to raising creatures that gestate.

So here's my suggestion: make a second placeable item (gestation monitor, gestation console, whatever) that has a bank of 10 screens in place of the 10 egg slots on the incubator. Each screen would provide the exact same info as the current egg incubator and would track the gestation of a female parked within a small-to-medium sized range of the monitor (or, give an option to "lock in/track" gestating mothers in range similar to the dino leash function). Each screen would also give the option to reset gestation of that mother right from the screen/item controls. 

Another aspect could be to create a late-game tek variant that extracts embryos (science!) and holds them inside an artificial tek womb that holds mature embryos until you're ready to birth them (the same way the egg incubator holds fully incubated eggs).

My thought is, this would create better parity between raising eggs and gestations.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived