improved breeding companion Thylacine - Ferocious Fox Tiger - The New, Better & Improved Maewing

Milkshake

Suggestion

tassie-tiger-main.jpg

The Thylacine

Also commonly known as the tasmanian tiger or wolf, is an extinct carnivorous marsupial that was native to the Australian mainland and the islands of Tasmania and New guinea.

This Apex predator had beautiful dark stripes down it's back, was a medium-to-large sized canid and it had a pouch like a kangaroo, that both male and females possessed! The Thylacine could also open it's jaws to an unusual extent making it easier to consume larger prey.

This creature would not only fit the climate of Scorched Earth but would also be a great addition since we won't be getting Genesis 2 for a long while yet. Which means no maewings to help with breeding for a long time! The Thylacine with it's pouch could be our new breeding companion instead.

Breeding Companion

Thylacine's have a pouch for rearing young, these creatures could be used to protect, shield and nourish our baby dinos in ARK. Or even possibly help with the imprinting process by using the Thylacine to imprint dinos, as it would be there actively caring for them. To balance this fact you could make it so you need to fuel the Thylacine with nourishing food so it can pass that on with it's milk to the young, by potentially filling them with wyvern eggs or wyvern milk or something similar.

thylacine.jpg

The Ultimate Survival Companion

Not only would you be able to use these to help raise your young, you could also milk Thylacine for buffing milk that helps survive harsh temperature/weather or cure illnesses.

These should be nimble and speedy rideable creatures, something that can help travel the dunes fast.

It is also said that Thylacine can give off an odour when agitated, they're also quite vocal creatures, So why not combine the 2 and make it so it has an ability key that releases "Off putting odour" This odour could be released in a circle radius and make it so medium/small type creatures aren't aggroed. I feel like something like this would be amazing for taming and would reduce the need for protective trapping, meaning less traps left out, taking up important room on servers. Less mess and less hassle!

Anyways I hope you enjoyed my submission! If you did, don't forget to vote or let me know what you'd like to see the Thyalcine have/do in the comments below.

My real name is KiahOnFire but I use Milkshake on here because I can't change it and this ark account is pretty old by now. :) 

9 replies to this server topic

I like the idea of a thylacine for scorched (I was actually going to suggest it myself until I saw this was already posted), but I'd like to pitch my own idea for it.

Grounding Wail - The thylacine would be able to knock flyers out of the sky and inflict a debuff to temporarily disable flying to prevent them from taking off again. They'd also deal increased damage to flyers as well as taking reduced damage from them (though nonphysical attacks like the wyverns' breath would still be effective). I'm at odds if they should be a shoulder pet or not, as carrying one could make utilizing it's ability easier, but I also picture them around troodon size.

Honestly I don't play anything other than singleplayer so this gimmick could be either be totally busted or totally worthless, but I wanted to incorporate the thylacine's apparent preferred diet of birds into its ability, but beyond argys, birds seem kinda ignored which would make an "anti-bird" creature asinine, so I went with flyers instead. Flyers that can't land like the phoenix and dolphin would boot their riders off instead, also manas are included under flyer here.

Credits to Bekichu who made this fan made Dossiers http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831734581

I found it looking at past suggestions and thought it would be nice to share it here.

while browsing forums I was curious about this creature, searched it up and found some past suggestions/info, I recommend having a look though them :) 
I think them being a night type of hunter of small creatures in the wild is a nice idea, and them being more relaxed during the day. The raising/breeding companion abilities are sooo nice too!

992429530_Screenshot2023-01-14163128.thumb.jpeg.905f541bb4a84ba53774ca2b8a3b5359.jpg.e3628277cbade2057b5570c9d19a569d.jpg

Archived