Ark PS4 graphics

Oskarmiki

Suggestion

While I understand that the PS4 has limitations compared to newer consoles. The game's graphics for scenery and foliage close to the player currently appear to be lower quality than other large open world PS4 games I've played, (water and underwater looks great though) which is detracting from the overall experience. 

I'd like to ask if there are any planned updates to address this issue.  Possible solutions to reduce strain on the PS4's processing power and compensate for better foliage I'd like to suggest (in my very limited game performance knowledge from getting Minecraft to run on my 15 year old potato laptop), are:  - reducing render distance as this is quite far in Ark and implementing a fog like barrier after the distance at which creatures render in, possibly only the faint glow of supply drops could be visible through the fog if anything.  - reducing graphics quality on less important, common animals in the game (colecanth, dilophasour, lystosaurous...)

I'm sure there are many more ideas your talented developers can implement however the key point I'd like to convey is the importance of scenery and foliage around the character being as high quality as possible with compromise to the render distance and less used/tamed creatures being more than acceptable.  

Many thanks, Oskarmiki

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived