TLC to give PVP items some kind of PVE use/utility? (lances, grenades, etc.)

Keykoh

Suggestion

I've been thinking about how useless lances are in PVE... to the point of merely being grinder bait or fancy gacha food if found as a BP.  :jerboasad:
But, then I had a thought: Maybe lances could get some TLC so they have even limited PVE use?  :Ferox_Think:

For example, instead of only being used to dismount riders, add the ability for it to target/damage wild dinos. If we wanted to get fancy, we could also have speed of impact affect the potential damage output (if that's not already the case.) I suppose it would be similar to rhino charge in execution in that case. Maybe even require the mount to attain, or maintain, a certain speed before the lance can be properly utilized even. This is one specific item that comes to mind that myself, as a PVE player, would appreciate having some use for, especially with the number of lances and lance BPs I have found through my time on Ark.

There are probably a handful of other items that could benefit from similar kinds of change. Poison and smoke grenades also come to mind for example.

Perhaps poison grenades could be altered to act as some kind of deterrent to ward off wild dinos or make them leave the affected area, not unlike yuty fear effect?

Smoke grenades could be adjusted to also cause aggressive dinos to lose your trail and/or de-aggro. I think the Pachyrhinosaurus has an ability that has a similar function.

I might be completely wrong on this, but maybe some of that code could even be cannibalized to obtain the desired effects without having to start from the ground up? Maybe a long shot, since I'm not exactly a programmer myself, nor do I have intimate knowledge of the game's inner workings, but it was a thought that seemed worth voicing just in case it was in fact feasible.

Either way, it would be nice to have some things have a use outside of pvp, even if it's kind of niche. :OtterHeart:

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived