Dedicated server stops being "joinable" after an hour or so..

Dedicated server stops being "joinable" after an hour or so..

I've seen a thread about this from a few years ago but there was never a solution so I'm opening the topic again. I recently built a server from old pc components to run a dedicated server, got it up and running fine with minor networking issues. It's running on a windows 10 machine using a copy of ARK that I got through windows store (xbox game pass). I made a xbox silver account for this copy and when the server launches, my friends and I can join now problem. (we join the session by hitting 'join game' on the silver account's gt)

It seems after an hour or so, the session suddenly becomes unjoinable even though it's still running (I know it's running because the admin dashboard is still up and there are players inside of the session). The only solution i've found is resetting the session.

I want to leave this server running pretty much 24/7 but with this issue that is impossible. On top of that, my server will never reach the 'session list' because I'm constantly turning it off to make it joinable - which is a problem since I want randoms to join.

Things I've tried:

• Disabling the 'power saving' option on network adapter
  • Setting power settings to 'never' for both display and sleep
  • Prioritizing performance over power in windows settings
  • Keeping a player in the session
  • Inviting players from within the session via the host

My current set-up (not that it matters):

• AMD fx6300 - 6 cores @ 3.75ghz
  • 16gb mem
  • Radeon RX580 (8gb)
  • 1tb HDD
  • Ethernet connection, Open NAT, 29 down/120 up

This thread from 2018 was the closest thing I found but that turned into more of an argument than anything else. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to have to babysit my server :(

Archived