ARK Epic Games SERVER PROBLEM

syncaase

11 hours ago, Volkove said:

Doesnt matter if my server has a password or not, or anything else I have tried, was working before the update on the 16th. Afterwards anyone using Epic version cant join.

Having to exact same issue. I'm using Ark Server Manager on another computer to run my server.

It was password protected and working fine for both EGS and Steam users..after the update, no one can connect directly anymore.

Nothing was changed except a patch. Would love to know how to fix this, as leaving the server up with no password is not what I want

1 hour ago, Axyorix said:

Having to exact same issue. I'm using Ark Server Manager on another computer to run my server.

It was password protected and working fine for both EGS and Steam users..after the update, no one can connect directly anymore.

Nothing was changed except a patch. Would love to know how to fix this, as leaving the server up with no password is not what I want

I'm using ASM as well, cant imagine that'd be part of the problem but it'd be interesting to know if someone using something else is having the issue or not.

Also using ASM. Server was working perfect up until yesterday 6/18. I can join my own dedicated server, my friends get timed out when trying to join. Removed password, still timed out joining. I double checked port forwarding in my router, and double-checked that ASM has Admin access and has input items in the Firewall settings. Very sad that we can't play with our dinos tonight. Looking for solution to get back to our babies.

• 4 weeks later...

This is normally how to do it, but for some reason it started to enable BattlEye again even though I have the code disabled in the .bat file....

-------------

"First you will need the command line version of Steam here : https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

Download and install SteamCmd.

Create a directory/folder for the ARK Dedicated Server.

Run SteamCMD and type:

login anonymous

force_install_dir (Right Here will be the directory created above ex: C:/ARKServer/)

app_update 376030 validate

Let this install into the folder. It will take some time.

Once finished, navigate to the folder you created.

\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 should be inside the folder.

Inside this directory, right click and create a New/Rich Text Document.

Edit this document to say:

start ShooterGameServer "TheIsland?SessionName=GameServerSetup?QueryPort=27015?ServerPassword=MyPassword?ServerAdminPassword=MYPassword?Port=7777?listen" exit

(Remember to change the Island name, password and admin password)

Click Save As: Name it "ServerStart.bat"

Run that .bat file in the folder and it should start!"

-------------------------------------

Please see below on changes to the above StartServer.bat file.

By the way, for anyone who does not know how to create the StartServer.bat file, in the D:\Program Files\Epic Games\ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 or where you installed it to, create a new rich text document. Just right click, new, rich text doc. Just keep it named New Document or whatever. You will want to keep this here in case you want to make changes to the file later. You will "save as" this as ServerStart.doc. Then close the file, navigate to it, and rename this file as ServerStart.bat. It will give you an alter saying it might not be usable. That's fine. Now, if it changed the file to ServerStart.bat.doc, then your explorer (file explorer options are wrong). This means that even though you type .bat it just thinks that is a part of the name rather than switching the file type. Sorry, you will have to Google how to change that setting. Anyway, it should start the server by running a cmd prompt window with lots of stuff and then disappear. Then, it will pop up one with like 7 line of code or something... this can take up to like 5 mins to load or even longer. The server will be ready when it says full start up and then give you a number in seconds and for mine it tells me how many cores I have. At that point your server is ready. Again, please see below because you should start the game first and then start the server by using the .bat file.

There are a few issues with Epic games Servers, primarily the following:

1. You cannot have a password.

2. You cannot search for the server in the server list.

3. BattlEye will kick you once you're in.

So, your ServerStart.bat should look like this:

start ShooterGameServer "TheIsland?SessionName=AATerek?QueryPort=27015?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=?Port=7777? -NoBattlEye? -log? listen exit

1. To remedy the password, don't put a password. ServerPassword and ServerAdminPassword should both =?. Remember, the question mark is like the end of that phrase so really it is saying ServerPassword=NO PASSWORD, End of line. That is why the only thing after the = is just a question mark.

2. To remedy the cannot sdrach for a server in the server list, start a single player game under host/local option in the main menu. Then, it doesn't matter your settings... just launch a single player game. You don't even have to name your character because it will do this again when you load the multiplayer game. Once the single player game is loaded press the tab key. This open the command line in game. Then type "Open 68.xx.xx.xx:7777" (without the quotation marks. Ther 68.xx.xx.xx is your actual IP, not your router one. Don't type 192.168.0.1or whatever. Just go to a site like Whatismyip.com or something like that where is give you an actual ip and not a default 192. number. This will launch the multiplayer game.

3. The "?" after each code is important. Without the ? after -NoBattlEye, it will continue to launch it. If it launches BattlEye, it will kick you form the server. Also, there is no need to launch the game not using BattlEye as this doesn't actually do anything because I tried doing this but my server would still launch BattlEye. You must have the -NoBattlEye? code in your ServerStart.bat file.

4. Another helpful hint is to launch Ark first, and then launch the server (but don't log into the server through the game until the server is full up). Otherwise, Epic Games will detect the server as the game and won't let you launch the game.

5. The server will update with new updates as long as your game has been updated. You don't have to use the steamcmd thing again. Just close the server and then update the game through the Epic launcher then restart the game and the server.

6. "TheIsland?" refers to the map The Island. You are not giving your Island a name. Session name can be anything because it doesn't matter what your server is called since you can't search for it anyway. Your QueryPort needs to be 27015, and again include the question mark. Port is 7777? and again include the question mark.

7. You need to forward the ports in the router and in windows defender. Search for windows defender in the little magnifying glass on windows 10 on the start bar. It will pull up windows defender that looks kind of like a registry window but says "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security." On the left side click inbound rules. Then on the right click new rule. Then click port. Then select UDP and type the specific ports 27015, 7777, 7778 and click next. Then click the first option Allow the connection and click next. Then make sure all three types are checked Domain, Private, and Public and click next. Name it Ark Port (or whatever you want, doesn't matter). Click Finish. Do the exact same process again except click TCP instead of UDP, type 27020 for the specific port, and name it Ark Optional (or whatever you want again, just a different name you did than the previous one.)

8b. You will need to forward 3 ports. So, name the Ark 1, Ark 2, Ark 3. The first will be TCP/UDP or Both. External Port is 7777 start and 7778 end. Just pick a number for the 192.168.0.X. Right here, X can be any number. Just try 2. If it says that is already in server try 3 and so on. External IP is "Any."

Do this again for Ark 2 except put UDP and the starting and ending is 27015. Do this again with Ark3 except this is TCP and the starting and ending is 27020.

I think this covers everything. Oh, if you want to change the options of the server navigate to D:\Program Files\Epic Games\ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer and open GameUserSettings.ini with notepad. Find a website that explains what the server settings are.

• 6 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, TerekEyson said:

This is normally how to do it, but for some reason it started to enable BattlEye again even though I have the code disabled in the .bat file....

-------------

"First you will need the command line version of Steam here : https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

Download and install SteamCmd.

Create a directory/folder for the ARK Dedicated Server.

Run SteamCMD and type:

login anonymous

force_install_dir (Right Here will be the directory created above ex: C:/ARKServer/)

app_update 376030 validate

Let this install into the folder. It will take some time.

Once finished, navigate to the folder you created.

\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 should be inside the folder.

Inside this directory, right click and create a New/Rich Text Document.

Edit this document to say:

start ShooterGameServer "TheIsland?SessionName=GameServerSetup?QueryPort=27015?ServerPassword=MyPassword?ServerAdminPassword=MYPassword?Port=7777?listen" exit

(Remember to change the Island name, password and admin password)

Click Save As: Name it "ServerStart.bat"

Run that .bat file in the folder and it should start!"

-------------------------------------

Please see below on changes to the above StartServer.bat file.

By the way, for anyone who does not know how to create the StartServer.bat file, in the D:\Program Files\Epic Games\ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 or where you installed it to, create a new rich text document. Just right click, new, rich text doc. Just keep it named New Document or whatever. You will want to keep this here in case you want to make changes to the file later. You will "save as" this as ServerStart.doc. Then close the file, navigate to it, and rename this file as ServerStart.bat. It will give you an alter saying it might not be usable. That's fine. Now, if it changed the file to ServerStart.bat.doc, then your explorer (file explorer options are wrong). This means that even though you type .bat it just thinks that is a part of the name rather than switching the file type. Sorry, you will have to Google how to change that setting. Anyway, it should start the server by running a cmd prompt window with lots of stuff and then disappear. Then, it will pop up one with like 7 line of code or something... this can take up to like 5 mins to load or even longer. The server will be ready when it says full start up and then give you a number in seconds and for mine it tells me how many cores I have. At that point your server is ready. Again, please see below because you should start the game first and then start the server by using the .bat file.

There are a few issues with Epic games Servers, primarily the following:

1. You cannot have a password.

2. You cannot search for the server in the server list.

3. BattlEye will kick you once you're in.

So, your ServerStart.bat should look like this:

start ShooterGameServer "TheIsland?SessionName=AATerek?QueryPort=27015?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=?Port=7777? -NoBattlEye? -log? listen exit

1. To remedy the password, don't put a password. ServerPassword and ServerAdminPassword should both =?. Remember, the question mark is like the end of that phrase so really it is saying ServerPassword=NO PASSWORD, End of line. That is why the only thing after the = is just a question mark.

2. To remedy the cannot sdrach for a server in the server list, start a single player game under host/local option in the main menu. Then, it doesn't matter your settings... just launch a single player game. You don't even have to name your character because it will do this again when you load the multiplayer game. Once the single player game is loaded press the tab key. This open the command line in game. Then type "Open 68.xx.xx.xx:7777" (without the quotation marks. Ther 68.xx.xx.xx is your actual IP, not your router one. Don't type 192.168.0.1or whatever. Just go to a site like Whatismyip.com or something like that where is give you an actual ip and not a default 192. number. This will launch the multiplayer game.

3. The "?" after each code is important. Without the ? after -NoBattlEye, it will continue to launch it. If it launches BattlEye, it will kick you form the server. Also, there is no need to launch the game not using BattlEye as this doesn't actually do anything because I tried doing this but my server would still launch BattlEye. You must have the -NoBattlEye? code in your ServerStart.bat file.

4. Another helpful hint is to launch Ark first, and then launch the server (but don't log into the server through the game until the server is full up). Otherwise, Epic Games will detect the server as the game and won't let you launch the game.

5. The server will update with new updates as long as your game has been updated. You don't have to use the steamcmd thing again. Just close the server and then update the game through the Epic launcher then restart the game and the server.

6. "TheIsland?" refers to the map The Island. You are not giving your Island a name. Session name can be anything because it doesn't matter what your server is called since you can't search for it anyway. Your QueryPort needs to be 27015, and again include the question mark. Port is 7777? and again include the question mark.

7. You need to forward the ports in the router and in windows defender. Search for windows defender in the little magnifying glass on windows 10 on the start bar. It will pull up windows defender that looks kind of like a registry window but says "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security." On the left side click inbound rules. Then on the right click new rule. Then click port. Then select UDP and type the specific ports 27015, 7777, 7778 and click next. Then click the first option Allow the connection and click next. Then make sure all three types are checked Domain, Private, and Public and click next. Name it Ark Port (or whatever you want, doesn't matter). Click Finish. Do the exact same process again except click TCP instead of UDP, type 27020 for the specific port, and name it Ark Optional (or whatever you want again, just a different name you did than the previous one.)

8b. You will need to forward 3 ports. So, name the Ark 1, Ark 2, Ark 3. The first will be TCP/UDP or Both. External Port is 7777 start and 7778 end. Just pick a number for the 192.168.0.X. Right here, X can be any number. Just try 2. If it says that is already in server try 3 and so on. External IP is "Any."

Do this again for Ark 2 except put UDP and the starting and ending is 27015. Do this again with Ark3 except this is TCP and the starting and ending is 27020.

I think this covers everything. Oh, if you want to change the options of the server navigate to D:\Program Files\Epic Games\ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer and open GameUserSettings.ini with notepad. Find a website that explains what the server settings are.

Ive done everything but it stills says time out 

Archived