Caging needs balancing!

Beater18

Suggestion

Caging needs balancing!

As the title says I believe something needs to be done with the ARK imprisonment system. But rather than saying that something needs done I am going to dive into how and why caging in ark is used, why something needs to be done about it, and what can be done about it. So to start off I play ARK off and on all the time purely for the pvp. The pvp in ARK is so fun and intriguing something that you really cannot find in any other game. You have so many different ways and tactics to gain an advantage over the other player its unreal and because of this I been playing this game since its launched and now have over 6k hours sank into the game. But at the same time because of the games mechanics there are alot of ways to ruin others experience one being caging.

So what is caging? Caging in ARK is essentially knocking another player out unconscious then throwing handcuffs on them, filling their inventories up til they cannot jump or move, then putting them into a comfy room attached to a bed next to an AC so the player cannot die of hunger or dehydration fast.

Why is caging so overpowered? I would say if you are placed in a room guarded by turret's, attached to a bed, and AC next to you it would take anywhere from 1-2hours for your character to starve and die including eating your poop. Now some might say well thats not too bad but if you are anyway familiar with large tribes on official you will know people take this game very very seriously, infact so seriously that people make prison's like the one im stuck inside right now with about 10-20 other players. And the people in these large tribes setup timers that go off every 1-2hours to go knockout prisoners and feed/water them its nuts. And someone like me who can only play 1-2hours a day due to college its hard to just logon and try to kill myself. So when I get caged i usually just take a month or 2 off the game but its different this time. The tribe we are going up against only cages, so if you get picked they are going to knock you out and put you in this prison its the only way they play the game. So there's no getting out of this one for me unless I start a new character but 1 times xp thats a pain in the ass plus losing all tek engrams no thank you. Hopefully you can see how this is a large problem for players like me. Another thing that makes it overpowered is there is little to no time or material's invested into caging someone at most you are using a couple of medical brews, narcotics, and 1 custom food and drink per feeding session that only takes probably 1-2min per person.

Now that I have stated why its overpowered let me go over some mechanics that I think can help the ark caging situation a lot. So one thing that could help caging is by not allowing people to attach unconscious players with handcuffs to bed's or chairs. To be honest I dont know why this was a thing anyway it just isnt fair or atleast let us struggle out of handcuffs while tied down. Another thing that can be done is to add durability to handcuffs. Adding durability to handcuffs will make caging alot more of an investment considering a player will have to swap out cuffs when one pair breaks due to the prisoner struggling with them on. My third suggestion would be to increase the rate at which a prisoners food and water go down when handcuffed. And one final suggestion would be to increase the amount of health feces deals to the player when ate this will increase the amount of food drained and also help a player die in the situation where it is needed.

Thank you for reading this post if you made it this far it seems like a lot but I do believe this will help the pvp community alot and I noticed with the new meshing changes that wildcard does care about their pvpers. Just please wildcard do something about the caging it's way to overpowered and needs to stop I will supply a couple photos that you can see to get a glimpse of what its like inside of an official server prison.

Hopefully will see you on the other side of this prison one day,

Thanks,

Beater

Prison life (hopefully the link works)

https://imgur.com/a/i5Z8ESn

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived