Show 15 min transfer timer in HUD

Cyclops

Suggestion

Show 15 min transfer timer in HUD

My understanding is the game saves every 15 mins with the transfer timer.   This is usually accompanied with a big lag spike that completely freezes the game during the save.   It's this lag spike that causes untold player deaths and death of dinos.   I've lost over 30 mana's with the desync bug during these save points, as well as dieing in many other situations.

If players can see when the save is coming, they could stop, land or put themselves in a safe situation 30 secs before the save point.

I know there is an issues with people duping.   Having a 15 minute timer won't make a difference as I'm sure most people duping have their own timers.   It will simply help the average player by having a visible countdown when the save is coming so they can get to a safe spot.

2 replies to this server topic

To be honest I'm not sure how they do it.   Someone mentioned something to do with transfer timers. 

I made the suggestion to have a visible timer to transfer to help honest players.   If players can see the timer on a save point, we would be able to keep ourselves and dinos from being constantly lost to lag.   Landing a mana just before the save point would have saved me so many lost dinos.

Archived