feeding carnivores

orionwinterfire

1 hour ago, orionwinterfire said:

Beautiful. Thanks for all the replies. Great info and giving me a much better idea of what to expect.

My sole tribemate and I are still base building, and haven't really set up for our tames yet (many of them are currently in what will be our great hall). It's definitely time to make that happen though.

We have between us a gaggle of dodos, 3 trikes, 2 paras, and 1 ea stego, ptera, doed. With plans to get another ptera and some more paras asap

I don't know your setup but your focus should be on surrounding your base with stone behemoths and putting plant X on pillars all over the place. 

You'll find out quickly that filling your trough is overkill (depending on dino quantities I suppose).  More often than not, a large portion of the raw meat will spoil before your dinos get around to eating it.  If this isn't the case and you are actually going through that much meat (WOW), consider putting in cooked meat to extend the spoilage timer.  Not really an effective option unless you have an industrial grill.

Archived