Concerns regarding cross-play/MTX

Primordium0457

Greetings!

I'll be the first to say the Ark mobile beta is really cool! Glad I could be invited to test!

A couple concerns I would like to have addressed regarding the longer-term plan for this platform that hasn't been addressed in the press releases or blogs (so far as I could tell).

1. Is this version eventually (when tested and launched) going to be able to join PC servers? Can I log in to my custom server some point down the line and play PvE with my friends while I am away?
  2. Is mod support eventually planned as well?
  3. The in-game currency and buffs has me a little concerned. Is Ark Mobile planning to go gung-ho into microtransactions for PvP and/or PvE, or is this more of an A/B test? If Question 1 is a yes, can this be controlled (eventually) by my dedicated server's settings?

Again - love the game! Just want to manage my expectations moving forward.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Primordium0457 said:

Greetings!

I'll be the first to say the Ark mobile beta is really cool! Glad I could be invited to test!

A couple concerns I would like to have addressed regarding the longer-term plan for this platform that hasn't been addressed in the press releases or blogs (so far as I could tell).

1. Is this version eventually (when tested and launched) going to be able to join PC servers? Can I log in to my custom server some point down the line and play PvE with my friends while I am away?
  2. Is mod support eventually planned as well?
  3. The in-game currency and buffs has me a little concerned. Is Ark Mobile planning to go gung-ho into microtransactions for PvP and/or PvE, or is this more of an A/B test? If Question 1 is a yes, can this be controlled (eventually) by my dedicated server's settings?

Again - love the game! Just want to manage my expectations moving forward.

Thank you!

Glad to have you aboard!

1. Mobile will be a standalone with crossplay only between iOS and Android. Due to the changes we've made in gameplay, rates, etc. the playstyle would not mesh with that of the PC/Console game.
  2. At this time, we do not have plans to support mods on mobile.
  3. The purchasable items currently in the store are what we plan to go with moving forward, though some things may be adjusted for a variety of reasons. At this time, the currency/store items are essentially unavailable, but we would love to hear your feedback on the store once items are able to be purchased and tried out by current beta players. We dig constructive criticism!

If you have any further questions, fire away! 

Archived