rebalance Zero to Hero - my idea of TLC

Jheuloh

9yYXqD5.jpg

Greetings fellow survivors of ARK! Since the beginning of June I've been working on and polishing a mod which is meant to be my own idea of a PVE focused TLC pass, which I have dubbed “Zero to Hero.”

Zero to Hero's goal is to make each and every creature viable with and against one another, especially by giving creatures more depth outside of just raw stats (without being excessively complex.)

Of note, Zero to Hero is NOT a total conversion, despite appearances. It only asks for first place in your load order to work correctly.

Some of the features of Zero to Hero include but are by no means limited to:

• Preventing stat points from being wasted on food and oxygen.
  • Allowing wild dinos to naturally level up speed (breed for it!)
  • Upgrading Triceratops to be an apex creature.
  • Unnerfing fliers in the style of classic fliers.
  • Toning down the annoyance factor of fiends like Microraptor, Troodon, and Ichthyornis
  • Various creatures have been made tameable to expand the game, including (but not limited to) sabertooth salmon, eurypterids, yetis, and meganeura.
  • Phiomia drops a special meat - make bacon (and with dodos, make bacon & eggs!)
  • Female megaloceros, phiomias, and wyverns can be milked.
  • Giganotosaurus has been reworked to be more fair and balanced to play with and against - still the biggest land carnivore, but less Godzilla, less rage.
  • Diplodocus can attack and defend itself, and is the source of a new item; Brandy!
  • Introducing new creatures to help spice up the ARK; some of which being the prowling, pouncing Mavrodon, polar cat Kryadon, the rare and invaluable fairy moth, and tremendous leeches older than the sands they brood in.

Zero to Hero also strives to improve quality of life at 1.0 settings for taming, maturation, and incubation rates. While those of us in single & unofficial players can adjust these settings at our leisure, it would be nice to know that these values are fair and balanced without excessive modification. Plus, there are some aspects of the game that just can't be multiplied away which Zero to Hero has rebalanced, namely the nonsensical kibble system and the foods baby ask for when imprinting.

Without further ado, Zero to Hero is finally publicly presentable on the steam workshop! If you're interested, rate & subscribe, crush any delusions of competence I ever had, tell me what you think! Detailed vanilla item changes are forthcoming, but all new items and creature info (including changes to taming mechanics & kibbles/preferred foods) is up and available for scrutinizing.

Zero to Hero's workshop link.

Archived