Player dedicated connection issues

I recently acquired a second xbox to run a player dedicated server. On my router, I set up a static IP outside DHCP range, port forwarded (27015,7777), and set the DMZ server to the Xbox's static IP. At most I will have 5 players playing at a time. I get 5mb upload and 30mb down. It is running great.

My friend, who I planned to get the server with, all the sudden could not join ( He could connect once before.) He said he was able to get through the loading screen then once in-game he could move around and view his inventory but not interact with anything. Then after about 1-2 min he would get, "Lost connection to host". This has not happened to anyone else. That has been happening for the past couple of days now. It is really frustrating that we can all play but he cannot.

We tried disabling his firewall, changing his Xbox IP, factory settings reset, nothing is working.

I have not tried the raw sockets method? At this point I doubt it will help. Any suggestions on what I can do???

So last night after hours of research and testing we finally figured out what the issue is. My friend had his copy of Ark installed on an external HDD. We moved his copy to his Xbox's local storage and he was able to join my player dedicated server without any problems. We played for hours and it worked perfect. PROBLEM SOLVED! We are so relieved.

For whatever reason player dedicated does not like Ark being installed on an external HDD.

We spent hours researching this and I hope this solution finds its way to all the survivors having this issue. Make sure Ark is installed locally on your Xbox.

Archived