Xbox Dedicated Server Multiplayer

I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. Can I run a dedicated server and be able to play the server on the same xbox? If so how?

-I am trying to play with friends only without any restrictions such as 200m distance and such. When I run a dedicated server it says no character next to my name.

2. If I play the non-dedicated server way can I transfer my single player account into non if so how?

3. Once play anywhere is released mid-september can I host dedicated through pc and play on my xbox?

4. What's the best way to play with friends and not be limited? Will renting a server once they are released be our best option,  and can we again transfer accounts in and out of servers?

Thank you all I hope I can get my questions answered.

12 minutes ago, KingAries said:

I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. Can I run a dedicated server and be able to play the server on the same xbox? If so how?

-I am trying to play with friends only without any restrictions such as 200m distance and such. When I run a dedicated server it says no character next to my name.

2. If I play the non-dedicated server way can I transfer my single player account into non if so how?

3. Once play anywhere is released mid-september can I host dedicated through pc and play on my xbox?

4. What's the best way to play with friends and not be limited? Will renting a server once they are released be our best option,  and can we again transfer accounts in and out of servers?

Thank you all I hope I can get my questions answered.

1. No you can't do that

2. You can only move stuff to the same kind of server

3.Yes that that is what many of us are waiting for

4.I'm not going to rent. I have a pc (2 in fact) that i am going to use for hosting Dedicated Servers for the Island and Ragnarok

Not sure how the game save move will work.

For now the best way to play with friends with out the limits is on a private dedicated server

that will allow transfers in/out of server.

Archived