Letter to developers (v.260 related)

Nizzine

Okay so I don't even....
Few updates ago the game was just fine.
Now you tried to fix something that wasn't really that broken. And you broke it.
My focus has been lately on the rafts. You know where this is going now. - I wish you could return the way the rafts were, even though every once in a while you could see a person having an "underwater base" under the raft but hey I mean it's not unraidable.

Unraidable things (not too literally please) are what alpha tribes like to build to block the obelisks so that nobody can move their character between official servers and therefore ruin the game experience for me atleast. Oh and before you get your first fabricator up, you've been wiped four times by the alpha tribes so no chance on official servers.
Would you please do something about the blocked obelisks thing? I don't mind the alpha tribes but the blocked obelisks are really annoying. No, I'm not going to pve server either.
This is for your own sakes too; if the official servers work nicely, then everyone is having a good time and the game is popular n stuff.
If the game is not too expensive in the first place that is.

The pricetag of the game on steam at the moment? 69.99€? Wat. Seriously? Wat?
See I understand that you have done lots of job deveoping the game and you aim big and have done good job with it, but now I won't buy it to my friends so I could play with them, nor will they buy it either. Here is my suggestion: I see you've made lots of merchandise stuff, 3D printable dodos etc. Aim your source of income to such stuff instead. Because more people buy the ARK, more people will like the game and therefore are more likely to buy stuff related to it. I mean I'd like to have a model of a dodo standing on my desk!
This is how I got in to the game, my friend bought it to me (since it wasn't too expensive) and I decided to give it a try and now I have +1400 hours behind.
So yeah I've been enjoying playing it. That hadn't ever happened if the game would of cost like more than 49,99€ a year ago when my friend got it to me.
(it was something about 23€ I think back then)

Also I like to build in single player. Or did. Now I'm just furstrated.
Because in single player my save game has dissapeared every time a new update has arrived since 260 patch. I built a nice village, tamed dinos, built awesome rafts just to realize that my singleplayer save had dissapeared! Then after gathering myself, I rebuilt bunch of stuff and tamed dinos and for what? Update -> savegame gone!!
So reinstalled game. Maybe it was broken somehow.
Okay now today I finished a nice motorboat design, spent another few hours tweaking it and then another update came. And you can guess what happened. Savegame gone. It's fkng gone! AGAIN! I CAN'T BELIVE I'VE SPENT THAT MANY HOURS OF BUILDING AND ALL THAT just to lose it!
Now I'm so pissed off that I could just go slap a bunch of people in their faces, feed them mindwipes and re-slappp them and mindwipe again!
I wish I had a mindwipe so I'd forget that I had this experience...

But there's a problem with mindwipe too.
1 per level? Even in singleplayer? Make a command to override that please, because that's ridicilous limiting.if I singleplay and I wish to just mindlessly run around and puch everything I see, I'd be glad to have mindwipe so I can add my points to "buttkick" and "sonido". Then maybe I would like to explore the deep oceans and ocean caves so maybe pump stamina and oxygen.
I don't care if my character would get vomiting and seizures and whatnot from that constant mindwiping.

Seizures. Yeah that's what the building is all about when placing the walls and ceilings and stuffs they are just... well.. having a seizures when you try to place them. Have you tried it yourselves?
How about limiting the seizure speed atleast so I don't get epilepsy every time I try to place a ceiling and it tries to find it's place between two or more snap points about 400 times in a second?
That would be an improvement. And it's like lottery trying to guess which one of the snap points the part will actually go to. Most of the time it goes to the wrong one.

What else.. Ascendanting is okay.. tek cave is okay.. movement speed rebalancing.. well.. it's reasonable...oh and atleast crops doesn't glitch anymore thanks for that!
All and all in general the game is okay. But are you dev guys okay there? I feel like you are either being pushed to improve the game at all cost or something. Atleast this is what feel when I see all these weird "fixes" going on and game pricing and I feel there's a tension in the air.. Do you even know what you are doing? Ark deving gone too serious? Deadlines pushing in? Calm down a bit maybe? DILO = where's the fun? Or are you just being greedy and try to look cool? Work on the bugs, keep the good stuff and most importantly: Keep surviving. It's a harsh world sometimes.

Friendly regards: Survivor Nizzine

Archived