24/7 "The Ark" Dedicated PVP Server ** Best Ping on Xbox*

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(hi orange!)...yea guys we didnt hit 255 ping till around 45 or so... i didnt take pic but have people that can vouch :) i do have pic of 32 survivors connected with 120 ping. i can upload in a bit. if ur interested to know i have the Netgear R7000 router w/ Motorola sb6141, comcast 150/15mbs. i installed DD-WRT (overclocked to 1.4ghz i believe) runs cool still! dynamic DNS through no-ip.com. surprisingly no QOS or anything. i did have to play around with porting to bypass the whole "2 boxes on one lan" dilemma with port 3074 (i dont like upnp or dmz).... im not a big typer (lol) but there was a bit more involved but im happy with results.......

On 2/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, LuNgFoOl said:

I would love to play on this server my gt is Lungfool, Im a pc player originally, so I tons of expiring playing Ark.

love to have you... server just reset due to (assuming ) duppers, but dont wory download is tunred off besides certain times when admins can monitor :/

add C1oudx9x or iGoHAMonZOMBIES

1 hour ago, BigOrangeBalls7 said:

That makes a little more sense.  I'd be interested to see any screen shot showing you over 32 connected.  I'm not so concerned with your local ping, as it will usually hover lower than others connected.  none of the other stuff you said really helps anything.  

i maxed out at 51 with less than 200 something ping (it didnt just constantly stay at 255 kinda bounced around from 210-255, had alot of compliment even at 50+ players)... next time i hit server list il take pic... my buddy about 40 miles away had maybe 10+ ping,

1 hour ago, JohnCampbell said:

i maxed out at 51 with less than 200 something ping (it didnt just constantly stay at 255 kinda bounced around from 210-255, had alot of compliment even at 50+ players)... next time i hit server list il take pic... my buddy about 40 miles away had maybe 10+ ping,

If you're able to have more than 32 connected at the same time that's what I'd like to know more about.  each of us have eclipsed 32 but only once or twice.  Been locked at 32 max for most dedicated servers for a while.  Ping not really the issue.  

2 hours ago, BigOrangeBalls7 said:

If you're able to have more than 32 connected at the same time that's what I'd like to know more about.  each of us have eclipsed 32 but only once or twice.  Been locked at 32 max for most dedicated servers for a while.  Ping not really the issue.  

oh yea absolutely have...we have 40 on a night! very playable ping less than 200 actually after a while with no players joining and leaving it smooths out to 160-170... oh and i do notice the 32 thing sometimes but once i invite people they get right in.

16 hours ago, BigOrangeBalls7 said:

awesome!  Now the only question i have is did you lock up at 32 and then force invite the next 3?

This time I didnt have to, but after about a half hour or so i did get some invite requests. Im not sure if those same 3 players were kicked or not. after inviting the players we did hit 36 for a while..... as we talked about in PM bigorange,  Im interested in this stuff. With community help i think we can figure out exactly what we have to do ! :) 

Archived