I wonder how many divorces Ark has caused

dastardlydael

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 10:03 AM, geneticbits said:

My husband and I play the game together. I got hooked on Ark first. I was spending a lot of time in game and he was a little upset about it since I wasn't spending as much time with him. But I convinced him to play with me and now he's as addicted as I am, if not more so. However, both of us are gamers, so it worked out. If your gf isn't into video games, then I think you might need to give yourself a time limit in order to be able to spend time with her. Otherwise, she will probably stay miffed...

This was the exact opposite of my husband and myself lol. I told him I thought the game looked silly and the concept was weird. He convinced me to try it. Of course I got hooked.

The first MMO to have a noticable impact on society was Ever Quest back in 1999.  Ultima Online was first MMO as we know them but EQ eclipsed it when it came out a few months later..  EQ in turn was eclipsed 3 or 4 years later by WoW (WoW went after the world, while sony avoided most of the world market).  EQ was called Ever Crack by players and  in many news reports back in its day.

One US Senator made comment or a proposal (cant recall which)  to tax items dropped in video games based on the amount of money being spent on ebay for game items in EQ.  

I also recall a man being sent to prison for either the negelct of a child, or death of a child due to neglect to play EQ.  Locked the child in a closet or somesuch.

Games are serious business.  But not that serious ^

Archived