Contribution for better Presence with Ark and Discord
Scroll to the bottom for video showcasing the currently working code.
The jist of this is to enrich the current presence discord pulls from the ark data as there isnt anything apart from the fact the it detects the game. Since its a verified game it has been sumbitted upon the discord library however nothing else has been done apart from that.
What im proposing/coding is a extended status info showing more info about the game like more popular games do. One example is Fortnite, as it adds a Group Number to display players in lobby, the gamemode and the status on the current match.
The actual code ive implemented so far on my client does:
- Display Server Name
- Display current game status aka In Menu or In server (there isn't a hook i can pull to check if idle on menu or in singleplayer)
- Server Map type (aka. Extinction, Crystal Isles, Ragnarok....)
- Current playing DLC with Icon to enrich status
-Time Elapsed Ingame (default)
- Sends an Auth through Steam's Api to check current server
- Display server player count on current server playing
- Hide info if server type = pvp to prevent sniping
- More integration for non-official maps with their custom icons (if provided for me to add onto the assets)
- Smarter handler to properly match server map with icons if icons are not provided for that type
- Faster updater to get server info before client joins for a more precise status in real time
- Check game state for adding status to : Idle, Loading Menu, Loading Server, Loading Singleplayer and more complex game states
This is just something im working on to improve ark a little bit, as theres no contribution/commits tab for ark, only a suggestion feed. So im making a post and linking it to whomever may be interested. The project is not final, its in early private access and subject to change.
Any questions feel free to hit my discord up, please be considerate of time zones and spam.