Windows Store PC Version
@Jatheish @Cedric @StudioWildcard @Jen(Please help fix your wonderful game )
PLEASE DON'T MERGE MY POST! IT GETS LOST AND FORGOTTEN LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER COMPLAINTS! I HAVE SPENT OVER AN HOUR MAKING THIS REPORT! THANKS!
I just thought I would make everybody aware of the state of the Windows Store version of Ark: Survival Evolved that Wild Card has been neglecting since 2017.
I have played the Steam version of the game for over 6,000 hours on my main account, and across all of my crafters and alts. I came to the Windows Store version for a new experience and to play with my many Xbox friends that play Ark. I have played about 150 hours in total and this is my experience. My goal is to bring awareness to the issues so that Wild Card can patch them.
Just to bring you up to speed quickly, Wild Card released a cross-play version on Ark: Survival Evolved on the Windows Store in 2017 that allows you to play with your friends on Xbox. This is extremely cool despite the issues I'm about to talk about. I will number them just so it's easier to read.
1. To start things out, the game starts okay with some minor bugs on the main menu. To press play, you have to hover your mouse to the right of the play button to even press it which defintely isn't intended. Very easy to work around, not a big issue.
2. Nearly EVERYBODY is plagued with the issue that keeps you from joining servers. This is a HUGE issue! You get an error that most of the time comes up, but not all the time. That error is "Cannot Retrieve Address". If you go and read the 2.5 star review ratings for the game, you will see that MANY people have this same issue and it hasn't been fixed for over 3 years now. You will get this error 95% of the time when joining servers and there is no fix. It happens for everybody at some point when playing the Windows Store version of Ark.
3. If you actually end up getting into a server, you will notice that when you type in chat, it's extremely laggy when you press Enter. It lags for about 1 second, sometimes longer and is even known to crash your game.
4. Probably the 2nd most annoying thing for me is that there is NO rain sound or music for some reason. I'm not sure why this bugs me so much, but simple things that immerse me into the game more aren't there, so I'm bugged by it.
5. The 2nd worst game breaking issue in this game is that the game stops rendering objects as you traverse the map (or when you spawn in a completely different area). The game stops rendering COMPLETELY after you die the first time or run around for a long period of time. The annoying work around for this is to rejoin. The problem with this is that if you were lucky enough to even get in a server, you will probably end up with the "Cannot Retrieve Address" bug for hours at a time will probably never be able to rejoin:
6. This is probably the worst issue out of all them... the delayed updates between Xbox and Windows Store... I cannot tell you how many times I have had people complain about this issue. Wild Card has said that it really isn't their fault because of the delayed time it takes for Microsoft to certify their updates, which is understandable, but SOMETHING needs to be done about the delayed updates! PC PLAYERS CAN'T CONNECT TO A SERVER FOR UP TO A WEEK AFTER EVEN SMALL UPDATES/HOTFIXES are released!!! (this frustrates me so f***ing much, come on Wild Card!) If you have a base of your own, on ANY PvP server (or PVE if you're raising animals, etc), you are most likely going to get wiped almost immediately because you can't be there to protect yourself. Wild Card NEEDS to find a work around for this, it makes PvP servers UNPLAYABLE!
(This was posted April 1st, 2019 regarding the rendering issue. No action has been taken at all since he posted. Unbelievable.) @Cedric
7. My last 2 issues that I will complain about: 1. even if your mic is turned off in-game, it CONSTANTLY streams to everybody out loud no matter what you do. Every body has this issue. You basically can't talk in proximity chat at all because of this issue. 2. there's an issue that every map has where shadows completely disappear and the game will get extremely bright, and then go back to normal. This happens at random and I don't know of any work arounds. This gives you extreme head aches and could probably cause seizures. (also, the lightning in the game is bugged. it flashes extremely fast like the shadow... it's probably even worse than the shadows!)
I might add more issues as I find them. There's several smaller things that I won't even bother adding.
Here's to hoping my thread doesn't get merged (lost forever) into a existing thread and that Wild Card will fix or address these issues ASAP. Thanks!
Here's a compilation of people complain about the delayed updates, just to show you how SERIOUS the issue is. If Wild Card can't fix it, they need to remove the game from the Windows Store. They're stealing fun from people the longer they ignore these issues.
Probably 100 more people complain on the Microsoft Store about these issues.