Procedurally Generated ARK using ASM

I have used ASM now for 6+months I have looked through their site and found nothing. Does anyone understand how to use procedurally generated Arks with ASM? The instruction to implement it were easy but when I went to the file there was other info there for other game settings. I wanted to know do I overwrite this info or just add to it? Is there even a line right in ASM that I can input the map info to ensure it is placed properly? Really trying to not create more problems for myself. Not yet had an opportunity to test anything and so I dont know if I just add to this file what will happen. I like to know how deep the water is before I jump in.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me out.

I followed this guy's youtube and it worked for me. You may need to pause the video or rewind as he goes over it pretty fast but it works with ASM. Confirmed.

The trick is you have to "generate" the PGARK on your client first, then join it and make sure it is working and to your liking. Then you need to copy the 2 files that correspond to the map of your liking from your client's "/ARK/shootergame/saved/GeneratedMapCache" folder over to your dedicated server's related folder and then in ASM, put PGARK in where you normally have "The Island" or "TheCenter" or whatever. The video below explains it better than I probably can.

Hope this helps.

Hi I made a few adjustments on the pc ark bit and saved then run it

After a while the server was running and I joined using lan in the ark game itself under servers

The info saved is your server settings then the pc ark info

You can make pg arks in the game in sp then save the info from the game ini then paste into asm to run that as a server too but for quickness copy your cashe files across

Archived