Couple of Questions

I'm thinking of starting a second server with a PG map, just to check them out with friends. 
So I figured I'd ask some questions before actually starting a server, and who better to ask than the community?

How stable are the PG ARKs? 
Any game-breaking bugs?
How's the loading times for PG ARKs?

Now, if I was to start a server with PG ARKs, what kind of map settings would you guys suggest? 
I see that the snow biome seems really common in most PG maps.

I'm on xbox so I can't really answer most thise questions. What i can answer is the loading times, the first time loading the PGM ,or more specifically generating the map, will depend on your computer and generally takes awhile. However, every reloading of the map after that takes a significantly shorter time.

I wouldn't mind knowing this stuff also.

2 hours ago, Birdskull said:

Any game-breaking bugs?

Been playing a few hours on mine...still waiting on tree respawns. There's also some minor issues like the odd dino spawned under the ground, but nothing too terrible.

How's the loading times for PG ARKs?

The first load takes quite awhile, as it's creating the map. Subsequent loads are longer than the island, but no where near as long as the first load.

Now, if I was to start a server with PG ARKs, what kind of map settings would you guys suggest? 

Mountain frequency between: 1.5-3
Mountain/shore slope: 1-2
Water frequency around 8. The higher this is, the more islands you'll have. Too low and you'll get a couple landmasses with an inland sea (which could be cool for a seafaring game)
Upping the shore settings a bit (like to 0.02) will make the shore bigger than a walkway. It's straightforward enough to test a few.
Haven't yet found a way to reliably make inland water sources, but I think upping the mountain height plays a part.

Archived