. . . Well he asked for it

Rancor

4 minutes ago, ninjaridz said:

Why thank you?  

Good humour is wasted on the masses! 

Wouldn't the simplest thing to do here is block building around obelisks rather than them making a rule saying don't do this thing that the game allows you to do inside of the game mechanics??

Yes.  Or no rules, would be peachy as well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mronemanmob said:

Yes.  Or no rules, would be peachy as well.

Lets not be hasty nothing wrong with rules but on the flip side of that you can't say this is a sandbox game where the players make there ark,  (or some poop like that) give them the tools to do so only to say "we didn't like what you did there so here's some rules about stuff you can't do because our game is a wee bit broken and unbalanced and we rather you didn't make it so obviously to others! cheers, oh why your at it have you heard about the saying be good to one another? Yeah please don't be a racist! 

3 minutes ago, ninjaridz said:

Lets not be hasty nothing wrong with rules but on the flip side of that you can't say this is a sandbox game where the players make there ark,  (or some poop like that) give them the tools to do so only to say "we didn't like what you did there so here's some rules about stuff you can't do because our game is a wee bit broken and unbalanced and we rather you didn't make it so obviously to others! cheers, oh why your at it have you heard about the saying be good to one another? Yeah please don't be a racist! 

Yes posted rules are good, the unspoken assumed ones have given me trouble my whole life.  Like the fire alarm in school that said the word "PULL" in real big letters, rule to be assumed -only if there is fire.  Some of us "think" different, we need laws and rules to keep us in check.  We need to be able to see the rules, because some of us push them to the limits.  We push them not to be jerks, not to be rude, it's because we have an objective in all that we do, that objective is success.  Plus to be honest with you some of us are just dumb as a box of rocks, like I was in kindergarten.  It was very interesting watching thousands of people pour out of a three story building, like ants when someone startles their home.  The one sided conversation from the principal was the opposite of interesting.

On 10/25/2016 at 11:48 AM, vonholtz said:

Your right. But if you look at the in game chat. The person dose not deny it there. they say report him. I for one would be deny it if it was not mine. 

Then you have zero idea on the way games are built...

Because the placement of objects would have a players id tag as to who placed it.

If they banned players like this the game would start to get cleaned up from the trollers.

3 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

If they banned players like this the game would start to get cleaned up from the trollers.

Agreed.  There is very little server presence by Wild Card.  While I understand it's hard to not become big brother, I'd think that there are certain things that just need to be mediated and most of them revolve around building locations.

50 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

Then you have zero idea on the way games are built...

Because the placement of objects would have a players id tag as to who placed it.

I do know how the game works. but the screenshot dose not show who owns the building. I am going by all I see. and the chat the person dose not deny it there. if the screenshot showed this then i would not even be in question. I have no doubt that the person is the one who put it up. I just was not there and have nothing more then the pic to go by. More over it not up to me. I am just a player in the game. This is up to the people who put the game out. And I have to hope they will fix it. Or they will lose a lot of players. I do not play PvP or PvE. I play on a privet server and single player. Is there a rules some place for Public servers. Oh And FallenAngel read the first post to this thread. That is mine and I do not like what people do on the internet. To often people acted like asshats. And nothing like that do in real life. The internet is one of the best thing man has come up with. And at the same time the internet is the worst thing we have come up with. Because we are not ready to use it right. 

9 hours ago, vonholtz said:

I do know how the game works. but the screenshot dose not show who owns the building. I am going by all I see. and the chat the person dose not deny it there. if the screenshot showed this then i would not even be in question. I have no doubt that the person is the one who put it up. I just was not there and have nothing more then the pic to go by. More over it not up to me. I am just a player in the game. This is up to the people who put the game out. And I have to hope they will fix it. Or they will lose a lot of players. I do not play PvP or PvE. I play on a privet server and single player. Is there a rules some place for Public servers. Oh And FallenAngel read the first post to this thread. That is mine and I do not like what people do on the internet. To often people acted like asshats. And nothing like that do in real life. The internet is one of the best thing man has come up with. And at the same time the internet is the worst thing we have come up with. Because we are not ready to use it right. 

Your missing the whole point im making it doesn't matter if we cant see it in the ss or not,because the makers of the game can see "who" put it down even if they 1 change there name and 2 stop playing on that server....

Its up to the makers of the game to control this issue,and i think we will see some form of no build zones around theses if enough players complain about it.

But like ive said many times before the biggest issue players like this get is the server numbers tank....

And do you think its going to be left for the players or clan that did this if the numbers of the pop in the server tank?

They will kill the server ive said this many times before,if they did this the servers would be a good place to play.

Ive played in a Alpha tribe,that stops things like this and has only 2 or 3 rules.

No building on nodes,empty dams of bloody wood,and no griefing...

You know what the server was in the top 50 and climbing and it wasn't going up slowly either...

Because players want a decent place to play and with out admins to the servers its left to tribes that are decent.

38 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

Your missing the whole point im making it doesn't matter if we cant see it in the ss or not,because the makers of the game can see "who" put it down even if they 1 change there name and 2 stop playing on that server....

Its up to the makers of the game to control this issue,and i think we will see some form of no build zones around theses if enough players complain about it.

But like ive said many times before the biggest issue players like this get is the server numbers tank....

And do you think its going to be left for the players or clan that did this if the numbers of the pop in the server tank?

They will kill the server ive said this many times before,if they did this the servers would be a good place to play.

Ive played in a Alpha tribe,that stops things like this and has only 2 or 3 rules.

No building on nodes,empty dams of bloody wood,and no griefing...

You know what the server was in the top 50 and climbing and it wasn't going up slowly either...

Because players want a decent place to play and with out admins to the servers its left to tribes that are decent.

It is funny I was watching a Mazion video on youtube the other day. And one of them good Alpha Tribes who seem to keep the server clean up. Did so by locking down the obelisks. I will say they did not have it fully built over like the one in the screenshot. No they had a building around it with turrets. Killing anyone who try to use it. 

I agree that the in the end there need to be a set of rules for any game. And in time I can hope that the dev will make the obelisk no build zones. 

17 minutes ago, Rancor said:

A quick video a tribe mate took of the ob and chat, 

WARNING: Contains Foul Language, View at your own regard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atwPO4YtiXI&feature=youtu.be

Rancor my friend, your video is set to private in YouTube.  Change the setting to public (or unlisted) if you would like others to view it.

On 10/25/2016 at 0:08 PM, Plannb23 said:

I know first hand that they DO remove items.  We had a tribe that was leaving / sporadically playing on our server build foundations throughout the entire caldera of the volcano.  Then they took ALL of their dinosaurs and placed them up there to block people from moving around.  I reported the abuse, and while it took a while because they wanted to communicate with the tribes players, they deleted EVERY building and dinosaur that the tribe had on the server.

About a week after that happened one of their players logged on, said DILO in chat and then logged off.  

Im hoping the log onto our server soon to deal with the problems we are having with this guy and his wife... They made two separate tribes so they could have more dinos and have from the green obelisk straight out to rock island/Stonehenge pillared and behemoth gated off.... Any tribes that were built in the land before they pillared and gated are now completely cut off from expanding their bases. They pillared all around the other tribes bases... They have been asked to move them by most of the tribes they blocked off and they say thet refuse to help anyone on the server or remove the pillars and gates. The guy even caused us to relocate our base because he was always pillaring in around us and bringing his tamed dinos and leaving them throughout our base, blocking certain pathways and areas.

I and a few others from our server have reported him... So like i said i am hoping they come and ban him and his wife from the server for being so unfair to other players and so disrespectful.

3 minutes ago, StoneyDiagram2008 said:

Im hoping the log onto our server soon to deal with the problems we are having with this guy and his wife... They made two separate tribes so they could have more dinos and have from the green obelisk straight out to rock island/Stonehenge pillared and behemoth gated off.... Any tribes that were built in the land before they pillared and gated are now completely cut off from expanding their bases. They pillared all around the other tribes bases... They have been asked to move them by most of the tribes they blocked off and they say thet refuse to help anyone on the server or remove the pillars and gates. The guy even caused us to relocate our base because he was always pillaring in around us and bringing his tamed dinos and leaving them throughout our base, blocking certain pathways and areas.

I and a few others from our server have reported him... So like i said i am hoping they come and ban him and his wife from the server for being so unfair to other players and so disrespectful.

What is wrong with two people being in different tribes?  They put pillars and behemoths, because the land was usable, if it wasn't free land, they couldn't have built there.  It sounds like you guys probably built too close to them.  Everyone blocks something when they build, even if it's just tree or rock spawns.  If they have that many dinos, I'm sure they are legit players.   It's a shame you just want them banned instead of using diplomacy to resolve the issue.  There is always two sides to every story, it is easy to see which side you are leaving out.  If you didn't want people to put pillars or build there, why didn't you put your own there?

1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

Rancor my friend, your video is set to private in YouTube.  Change the setting to public (or unlisted) if you would like others to view it.

Set it to public, should work now. My apologize. 

Edit: Also note I didn't do the recording, just uploaded what my tribe mate got and unfortunately he recorded with the sound of teamspeak ha ha 

On Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 11:52 PM, Rancor said:

Greetings survivors! Just a reminder that blocking the obelisks and drops is against the ToS! Please keep that in mind!

Evidence 2.jpg

So tell me how it's fair that someone can bring a dragon back to a island server. Obs should be able to be built on but if the tribe is blocking it so you can't use it then that's an issue. But I can't say I blame them cause if I were alpha I would block obs too so no one can spawn Dragons in and wreck the server

2 hours ago, mronemanmob said:

What is wrong with two people being in different tribes?  They put pillars and behemoths, because the land was usable, if it wasn't free land, they couldn't have built there.  It sounds like you guys probably built too close to them.  Everyone blocks something when they build, even if it's just tree or rock spawns.  If they have that many dinos, I'm sure they are legit players.   It's a shame you just want them banned instead of using diplomacy to resolve the issue.  There is always two sides to every story, it is easy to see which side you are leaving out.  If you didn't want people to put pillars or build there, why didn't you put your own there?

You clearly didnt understand or read anything that i posted under this topic.  Go back and re read what was written.

1 hour ago, legendaryc4 said:

So tell me how it's fair that someone can bring a dragon back to a island server. Obs should be able to be built on but if the tribe is blocking it so you can't use it then that's an issue. But I can't say I blame them cause if I were alpha I would block obs too so no one can spawn Dragons in and wreck the server

Gigas are the most OP thing and are on the island and center maps for one, the freaking auto turrets on the bases on these Island servers would wreck Wyverns in a second. Pteranadons can out speed them and pick up the driver off their back so for an Alpha a little Wyvern shouldn't be an issue.

But I guess a lot of people are okay with Island servers having a six player population.... 

This server in question used to have about 20-30 players on during prime hours and now I think 10 ish is a rarity. The x2 brought some more players on the servers but once they get big enough I'm sure this tribe will wipe them. 

9 minutes ago, legendaryc4 said:

lightning dragons can shoot thru walls. Pretty op.

So can poison but only if things are up against your walls. This has been the case with the narco grenades for some time now. The AOE isn't prevented by walls. 

I have not seen anything about Lightning going all the way through a walled base yet. Have to look into that. 

Archived