fan fiction My fanfiction(W.I.P)

JackD05

Just now, rororoxor said:

is it a regular or a hardcore server?

I might make this server-based, so he might see another person or something, but most of the time I prefer to play in singleplayer, so I might reflect that into it.

In reality I cannot bear thegrindy harvest, xp and taming rates of official servers, but when I do play them I prefer to play regular.

Lose of life value is the precise reason I have almost completely left respawning out of mine. I can't say how I left it in, it would ruin part of the story. Some of it should be revealed in the next chapter or so, although it will be very subtle, so look hard for it when it comes.

Speaking of my story, have had a chance to read it?

I have had chance to read the first chapter of 'In seas of burnt sand' and I plan to finish it, as I enjoyed reading it.

I will leave respawning out of mine for the time being, but there are always accidents. I guess it might not be  "I thought that Giganotosaurus was a tree so I punched it" like my friend did, but I might use it a tiny bit in my writing.

Just now, DaEndGame said:

He got close enough to a giga to punch it?     Even if he managed to avoid getting eaten straight after, he never would have escaped. RIP Jacks friend.

Somehow he did, yes. I was more annoyed because I now had 1 very dead direwolf he took from my pen and rode up to it in. I am clueless as to how he managed to evade it's attacks and still think it's leg was a tree.?

As promised, Whats to come part 3 is here! 

In this section of my fanfic, and some of the others before and after this, I have changed the way the ARK works. E.G:

I used wood straight away to make my house, instead of thatch. This is just to make the story flow better.

Here It Is: 

What's to come: Part Three:

By the time the sun was setting, I had set up a basic camp, and had managed to complete a considerable amount of the flooring that would later be a safe place to live. I leaned against a stack of planks and stared into the beautiful, orange sunset, it's watery glow illuminating the horizon. Something didn't feel right, though. Upon close inspection, I wasn't sure whether the sunset itself was really what it appeared to be. Slowly, my doubts were forming. Every day I would notice something that didn't seem quite right. Something that didn't quite fit my somewhat faded memories of how the place I used to live in looked like. I didn't know what to call it. If that was the real world, then what was this place?

I awoke with a start. The sun was just peeking above the horizon, although the woods that surrounded me were still cloaked in shadow, their black depths sealing  my clearing from the outside world. Suddenly, a twig snapped. Something moved in the thick shrubbery and undergrowth of the woods. When I turned back, my eyes met a sight I never believed I would see. A pair of human eyes. In a moment they were gone, though. "Hello" I called. "Is there anyone there?" Another bush rustled, further away from me this time. "I won't hurt you," I shouted, frantic now. But whoever it was had gone. I spent the rest of the morning, while I was finishing my flooring, I contemplated what I had seen. I was obviously not alone on this island. Whoever had passed by was obviously looking for something. Food, perhaps? I felt more comfortable with this fact than I should have been.  What if there were other, less friendly people inhabiting this area? Maybe even people who might fall into the category of hostile? I began to doubt that the strange, prehistoric creatures were at the very top of my list of worries. I hoped more than ever now that I could have a safe, secure home to live peacefully in sooner than it was coming...

11 minutes ago, JackD05 said:

As promised, Whats to come part 3 is here! 

In this section of my fanfic, and some of the others before and after this, I have changed the way the ARK works. E.G:

I used wood straight away to make my house, instead of thatch. This is just to make the story flow better.

Changing the game can make things far more interesting. Check out the revisions I just made in chapter 16 of Ark The Adventure continues. It better explains how the wild wyverns that were ordered to attack us by the ruin city ended up becoming our good friends.

Keep experiment with your story and its setting.

19 minutes ago, rpicardi1 said:

Changing the game can make things far more interesting. Check out the revisions I just made in chapter 16 of Ark The Adventure continues. It better explains how the wild wyverns that were ordered to attack us by the ruin city ended up becoming our good friends.

Keep experiment with your story and its setting.

Thanks, I do loke changing things slightly, so the writing flows how I like it to, otherwise I would be slightly stuck with exactly what should happen. I will find the time to read some more of your fanfic, because I only got to read a small section of it.? I may even combine some other elements of the extras and DLC's of ark with the actual game and my edited version. e.g storms, sawmills etc...

The whole of Chapter Two: Survival is out!?

This includes all three of the What's To Come sections, plus another few bonus paragraphs!

I hope you all enjoy it and here it is:

Chapter Two: Survival
After sleeping next to my campfire for the night, I woke up with an empty feeling in my stomach, I didn't need my implant to tell me I needed food. I grabbed my pick and as silently as possible, followed the tracks of some small bird, presumably a dodo. When I finally saw the dodo, I crept silently up behind it and brought the flat of my pick down on it's head, the force killing it instantly. I then walked back to my campfire and used my pickaxe to chop large steak-like pieces off it's body.

I had already set up a spit and left the meat to roast over the flames while I went to gather some berries to go with it.suddenly, my implant began to flash various different colours, obviously indicating something. I quickly opened my inventory and noticed that next to every one of my stats was a small plus. Then, for the first time, I noticed a line of text above my stats. It read:
--------------
Jack: lvl 1. 3 level-up(s) waiting
--------------
On my weight, health and food , I stared the little plus signs, noticing that I now had a 110 maximum health, weight and food instead of 100. When I looked at my food I only had 46.4 out of 110! Then I remembered the dodo steaks I was cooking. I rushed back to my campfire and  grabbed  the stick that the steaks were poked through. I laid it on a flat rock to cool down, and opened my engrams page. What should I spend my 24 spare engram points on?

When I woke up the next day, I felt the best I had since coming to this island. The campfire had long since burned out, so I buried the remains in the loose sand, planning to move on today. I planned to head West down the beach, to scout out a better place to make a camp. I had to stick to the beach because I still believed that a ship could come. For now...

I searched for most of the morning, passing many spots, but none of them met my requirements. The first spot I came to had a small brook that passed through the sand, eventually running into a large pond that seemed to be inhabited by a large swarm of oversized bugs. I didn't want to go there. I was almost about to give up hope and just set up camp for the night where I was when the perfect area emerged out of the blinding glare of the midday sun...

The spot was a perfectly flat clearing in the middle of a U-shaped cluster of ancient oak trees. The U was shaped in such a way that when I build a house I will be protected on three sides by trees, but still have an open view of the ocean to keep a lookout for ships. This place was perfect for making a house. I began search through my engrams list when I noticed that some new items had appeared. The first were the stone hatchet, the wooden club, the spear and enough different building materials made of wood to make any kind of house anyone could want!

The first item I crafted was the hatchet. I could use this to harvest more precise cuts from the trees that surrounded my house site. The first floor required 80 wood logs and quite a lot of my fibre ropes to tie the supports to the actual floor that would have to support my weight. I began the hard and tedious task of perfectly chopping the wood logs in half to make perfect cuts that are the same in length and height. Only the best quality can go towards my house...

By the time the sun was setting, I had set up a basic camp, and had managed to complete a considerable amount of the flooring that would later be a safe place to live. I leaned against a stack of planks and stared into the beautiful, orange sunset, it's watery glow illuminating the horizon. Something didn't feel right, though. Upon close inspection, I wasn't sure whether the sunset itself was really what it appeared to be. Slowly, my doubts were forming. Every day I would notice something that didn't seem quite right. Something that didn't quite fit my somewhat faded memories of how the place I used to live in looked like. I didn't know what to call it. If that was the real world, then what was this place?

I awoke with a start. The sun was just peeking above the horizon, although the woods that surrounded me were still cloaked in shadow, their black depths sealing  my clearing from the outside world. Suddenly, a twig snapped. Something moved in the thick shrubbery and undergrowth of the woods. When I turned back, my eyes met a sight I never believed I would see. A pair of human eyes. In a moment they were gone, though. "Hello" I called. "Is there anyone there?" Another bush rustled, further away from me this time. "I won't hurt you," I shouted, frantic now. But whoever it was had gone. I spent the rest of the morning, while I was finishing my flooring, I contemplated what I had seen. I was obviously not alone on this island. Whoever had passed by was obviously looking for something. Food, perhaps? I felt more comfortable with this fact than I should have been.  What if there were other, less friendly people inhabiting this area? Maybe even people who might fall into the category of hostile? I began to doubt that the strange, prehistoric creatures were at the very top of my list of worries. I hoped more than ever now that I could have a safe, secure home to live peacefully in sooner than it was coming...

That night, just before I fell asleep, I put out my campfire. The smoke and flames could attract anyone or anything within a large radius. The temperature suddenly soared downwards, as if the heat of the flames had simply vanished from existence. Another strange thing that was very out of place here. I pushed my thoughts to the back of my mind. I needed sleep...

When I woke up again, to the beautiful sunrise that bathed me in pure, orange light, I remembered everything that I had to do. Make the walls for my hut, restock on berries and meat, find some more engrams and get more fibre rope. I had plenty of perfectly cut logs, resting in three neat piles, waiting to be used. I wanted my walls to be about two metres high, and stood on it's side, one log was about 10cm. That meant 20 logs high for each wall. So for four walls, that would be 80.

By the time I stopped my work for lunch, I had all four walls in shape, with only a small bit of stabilising required. I was going to cut a hole, just bigger than me, into the fourth wall, and attach the remaining logs as a door. That would take me the rest of the day. For my lunch, I had a dodo steak, and a combination of some white berries(they seemed to give me an energy boost, but dehydrated me) and the purple berries(they are sweet and juicy so they counteract the dehydration) crushed up into a drink. I immediately felt refreshed and ready to begin the next task...

Through the afternoon, I constructed the door. The planks were held together by fibre strings, and the door opened using a primitive hinge that I had learnt how to make earlier. I now felt a lot safer and better protected than I felt last night, even though there was no roof on the house and the sun had already begun to set. I was running out of time...

Even if you post too soon, you can always go back and post the revision. I have done so with the last couple of chapters in my adventure. And, write it any way you want.

Example from the last chapter. These are the wyverns talking among themselves at the climax of the fight with Red Alpha.

Red Alpha is so furious she forgets to order the rest of the Wyverns to attack ahead of her. It is as the others are following that Paragon sees a wyvern hit Red Alpha with a lightning bolt.

“Is that Electra?” Paragon asks the others in total surprise.

“It sure is,” says a nearby poison wyvern. “And there is a human riding her with no saddle or bridle.”

“Oh My Gosh!” exclaims Paragon in shock and disbelief. “They are going to attack Red Alpha by themselves.”

“Oh No!” says Paragon as Red Alpha unleashes a fireball. “They ducked under it! Electra has her by the throat! She can't maneuver. Another human just jumped on her back with some kind of a spear. Ow, that was blinding. What just happened? They are all down.”

“We should attack.”

“No.”

“But, they killed Tesla, Sleeper, and Zippo.”

“No, they are still alive, just dazed looking.”

Landing in a circle around them, the chatter continues.

“The humans, they are all running over to Electra. Two of them just pulled something out of Electra's mouth, They are now stroking her head and neck. They look really concerned about her. She just woke up. She seems so content by their presence.”

“Two of them are checking over Red Alpha. Look at the hole in her throat. Did Electra do that? That must be the chunk of flesh those two pulled out of her mouth.”

“They are taking off those shackles on Red Alpha. Oh, that wound looks awful. They are just as shocked by it.”

Finally, Paragon can no longer wait.

“Electra,” as Paragon rushes in to embrace her, “I thought that I would never see you again.”

“I so wanted to return to see you but feared what would happen if I did.” answers Electra. “It's a long story. Had Halsey not found me hiding from Red Alpha when I was so badly wounded, I would have not made it. He had the wyvern milk I needed. He said it was in a loot crate he found. There was Super Test Meat that took away the pain from those injuries. Mary had Medical Brew that helped to heal them. Halsey stayed with me when the storm cleared so they could go look for Michael and the others.”

“Does that mean you are now his tame?” ask Paragon.

“No,” answer Electra. “We became fascinated talking to each other. He was so kind and gentle that we became close friends. The others have been equally kind to me. He and Michael were willing to abandon their expedition over my fear of what could have happened today.”

“How wrong Red Alpha was about these humans.” responds Paragon. “If only she knew that some of them are different. I saw Michael and Denny remove those shackles and how disgusted they were over who had put them on her. So many years in torment. She could have ended it by just asking them to remove it.”

“I can't believe that I actually did it,” answers Electra. “Halsey told me what to do. His attack plan worked perfectly. I had Red Alpha immobilized when Michael hit her with the shock lance. It packed quite a wallop. My jaw still hurts from that impact. I still feel dazed from its shock.”

“You ripped her throat out when you fell,” answers Paragon. “Halsey and Michael pulled the flesh out of your mouth. They were concerned you would choke on it while you were still unconscious.”

“Then, you believe that I killed her?” ask Electra.

“You need not have any regrets for doing so,” answers Paragon. “Red Alpha was going paranoid. I realize that when she killed all the males one by one. I was so fearful that she had killed you. I'm so glad that she didn't succeed and that Halsey and his friends were able to help you recover.”

“It is been quite a day.” answers Electra. “I'm so glad things have turned out the way they did. You need to introduce yourself to Halsey. I think that he would become quite fascinated with you.”

Chapter Three is here! Apart from that, I don't have anything important to say. Anyway, here it is:

Chapter Three: Rough weather

I ran outside my house and started collecting more stones. With the stones, I made a small fire just outside the doorway. I struck the flint and stone that, for the second time, was going to save my life together, sparks erupting from the flint and catching on the thatch kindling, the dim red glow eventually turned into a roaring blaze, while I blew softly over it. I left the door half open to let the heat out, as the wooden structure that I called home retained the heat within it's sturdy, expertly-constructed walls. The house was warm and comfortable, the orange glow from the fire outside bathing the doorway in beautiful orange light, warding away any potential predators that might have otherwise have become a threat. I had built a home, had protection from the elements, but needed to learn how to properly take advantage of the area around me...

I woke up earlier than usual the next morning. I hadn't woken up peacefully, either. Something in my brain, my survival instinct, told me something was wrong. The fire had long since gone out, the embers emitting a dim glow, the last chunks of fuel smouldering away. Then it hit me. The air. Something was very different than what I was used to. The air smelt of salt and rain, and the breeze was both warm and cold at the same time. This could only mean one thing... A storm. My heart sunk when I looked out of the basic window I had fashioned from wood and fibres, with curtains made of the hide I had harvested from the dodo I killed a few days back. The window faced the sea, but this was no ordinary sea. A huge bank of pure black clouds filled the horizon, illuminated by bright flashes of lightning that flickered every few seconds. I would need to prepare to survive this storm. I realised then that this was the first weather event I had witnessed on this island. Would it be different than the normal world?

The storm was closing in at an alarming rate. After  two hours, the clouds nearly fully obstructed my view of the sea. During the half an hour I had learn an engram called the 'stone fireplace'. I used the stones to build a large fireplace, with a tall chimney that poked out through a small hole I had made in the roof that I had sealed by mixing sand with juice obtained by crushing plant leaves, making a primitive cement. I would call this 'cementing paste'. 
I lit the fire and closed then locked my window and door. Just in time...

Lightning flashed in the dark sky, illuminating my home each time it struck, and the booming thunder that followed shortly after meant I couldn't even get any sleep. I looked out of my window, and stared at the ruins of what had been my beautiful clearing, horrified. I slammed the window shut. Trees had fallen over, littering the once pristine sand with strewn logs and other debris. The storm had stopped as suddenly as it had come...

When I stepped outside, I realised that a miracle had happened. Lightning had struck the beach just outside of my house. I knew what that meant. I ran up to the patch of sand, to discover that my prediction had indeed been correct. Glass littered the beach. All different sizes and shapes radiated from a large, scorched hole in the sand. I found a medium-sized piece, and tried it against my window frame. It was a perfect fit. I held it up to my implant, and focused on moving it to my inventory. As normal, the beam of light appeared, and dematerialised the glass. I then pulled my old window gently out of the frame, replacing it with the glass. I then proceeded to attach the basic hinges to the glass, using a spearhead I had made earlier to make a hole, which enabled it to open or close, as the hinge slid in and out of it.

Next, I collected all of the glass I could see. During this, I learnt a new trick. When you move stuff into your inventory, anything in your hands will be transferred. I used this to move the glass around much more quickly. I put the glass into a storage crate that I had built, stacking it in neat piles, to conserve as much space as possible. Maybe the storm had turned out to be a mixed blessing after all...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on and active for a while, but due to personal issues outside of gaming, I have not been able to continue with my fanfic. I just wanted to post this to let everyone know that I have not abandoned the forums and am working hard to bring more content. I will get to work with the next section now. :)

Archived