Quickie Procedurally Generated ARKs How-To Guide

Jeremy Stieglitz

@WarBird25 the new dinos can be spawned in with admin codes.. anything that can be spawned in with admin codes can be spawned in using the ini's i can set it to my beach one and it will work but  then id have my noob zones filled with dinos..some of those event ones are from last year idk if they will spawn havent tried but the new ones will for sure

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Norman, I added BoneRex to the monster island spawner and killed all the dinos there, but no bone rex spawned. Here my ini:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=(AnEntryName="FEBoneRexSpawn",EntryWeight=0.50,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP_C")),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MothSpawner",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Moth_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Moth_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.5)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="BeachJerboaSpawner",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Jerboa_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Jerboa_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="FETropicSpawner",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("SpineyLizard_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="SpineyLizard_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

There should be a 50% chance to spawn 10% BoneRex. (Haven't checked the other spawns, but Jerboa worked the other day)

Edit: did a wild dino wipe and the Jerboa and Thorny Dragon spawns work, Bone Rex and Moth not.

Edited by WarBird25

Hi, Random noobi question!

Is there ways to control set portions of the map? IE, have the centre of the map pre-created, something like writing in a specific landmass (like a volcano) in the centre, and then certain biome in the middle, that sort of control? Or not.

My main aim will be to build a map that has a volcano full of dragons, surrounded by desert, and then the rest of eco systems around and water far out... So everything in one!

Also, is there a main place where people are uploading their PGM's? Are these uploadable to the steam community yet?

On 10/30/2016 at 6:23 AM, Norman said:

thats my ini ... the only ones that dont work is the grassland spawner others work fine < be replacing the ones for the beach with the ones u reccomended to spawn seperatly but works fine as they spawn seperatly atm using that code as well.. but my map is harsh so things always dieing.. was going to just add the event things to beach but didnt want a crowd of things at the beach

Here it is without the extra spaces. Notepad++ is a good tool for removing extra whitespace using the replace command with searches for /t and /n replacing with nothing. Not sure where the extra whitespace is coming from but spacebar is not a good thing for something that is supposed to have no whitespace. Also, you can add as many as you want to one container. Shouldn't hurt anything as long as they arent set to spawn in groups. lol

Not sure if you have them in groups on purpose or not, but your beach and grassland spawners are set to spawn in groups together.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="QuetzSpawner",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Quetz_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=( (NPCClassString="Quetz_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnowShoreline_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="KairukuSpawner",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Kairuku_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=( (NPCClassString="Kairuku_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.001)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="ChalicoBeach",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Chalico_Character_BP_C","Beaver_Character_BP_C","Tapejara_Character_BP_C","Galli_Character_BP_C","Dimetro_Character_BP_C","Jerboa_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Chalico_Character_BP_C"",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Beaver_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03),(NPCClassString="Tapejara_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03),(NPCClassString="Galli_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Dimetro_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Jerboa_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="EventSpawns",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Bone_Stego_Character_BP_C","Bone_Trike_Character_BP_C","Bone_Sauropod_Character_BP_C","Bone_Quetz_Character_BP_C","Bone_Jerboa_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Bone_Stego_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Bone_Trike_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Bone_Sauropod_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Bone_Quetz_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Bone_Jerboa_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

On 10/30/2016 at 3:28 PM, WarBird25 said:

@Norman, I also tried to spawn the Bone Dinos (The Center Map) but it does not work using these inis. Maybe it is because the summon commands for those do not work. It is unfortunate that only the island can have those dinos auto spawning

You can put the costumes in the beacons and here are the skele dinos too

Costumes

PrimalItemCostume_BoneCarno_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneGigant_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneJerboa_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneQuetz_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneRaptor_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneRex_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneSauro_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneStego_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneTrike_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneWyvern_C

Dinos

Bone_MegaCarno_Character_BP_C
Bone_Gigant_Character_BP_C
Bone_Jerboa_Character_BP_C
Bone_Quetz_Character_BP_C
Bone_MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C
Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP_C
Bone_Sauropod_Character_BP_C
Bone_Stego_Character_BP_C
Bone_Trike_Character_BP_C
Bone_MegaWyvern_Character_BP_Fire_C

Out of curiosity, have any of you tried spawning them in before trying to add them to the new containers?

Edited by stoni2041

Was missing a () on both the NPCSpawnEntries array and the NPCSpawnLimits array.

Fixed for you

5 hours ago, WarBird25 said:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="FEBoneRexSpawn",EntryWeight=0.50,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

You might want to reduce the weight on it, but its fixed and should work.

Edited by stoni2041

1 hour ago, stoni2041 said:

Out of curiosity, have any of you tried spawning them in before trying to add them to the new containers?

I tried:

cheat spawndino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Rex/Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP.Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP'" 1 1 1 125  -> does work

summon Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP_C -> does not work

1 hour ago, stoni2041 said:

Was missing a () on both the NPCSpawnEntries array and the NPCSpawnLimits array.

Thanks, I added those before my wipe, but no Bone Rex (or Moth) spawns :(  My spawn container looks the same as you corrected, except the weight, which is that high to see the result faster ;) 

Adding the costumes to beacons is a good idea, thanks!

19 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Are we still waiting for the Linux server to be able to use PGArks?

There is a new Patch Note for that fix, ETA 6.Nov 

Edited by WarBird25

7 hours ago, WarBird25 said:

Thanks, I added those before my wipe, but no Bone Rex (or Moth) spawns :(  My spawn container looks the same as you corrected, except the weight, which is that high to see the result faster ;)

Weird because

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="FEBoneRexSpawn",EntryWeight=0.50,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Bone_MegaRex_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

Gave me these on Carno Island

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791318329
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791318394

Do you have another container using DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C? If so you have to combine them.

2 hours ago, stoni2041 said:

Gave me these on Carno Island

Maybe its becaus I am on The Center map. DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C is the Half-Burnt-Island, because before I added a Vulture spawner, which worked.

I don't have another container for this spawn, the line is also the first one in the ini.

Did some testing and it looks like the FE dinos are map restricted. I can use the "summon " command for all the dinos which would also spawn on The Island (Rex, Trike, Bronto, Carno, Raptor,...) but I cannot summon the Wyvern.

On the other hand I can summon Zombie-Wyvern on SE but no Bone Rex.

Here is my theroy: The Bone Dinos have been added to the alpha spawns (at least the aggressive ones), which would spawn those dinos on most of the other maps as well if they use the same spawnes, including SE. For the bone dinos to not spawn on SE (or other maps) there was a restiction added, resticting the Bone Dino spawns to The Island (except the Bone Wyvern).

And I think if the "summon" command for a dino does not work, spawns will also not :( 

Thanks for the help @stoni and @norman!

For all those who want to add spawns on the center, here the small list of The Island spawns which I have tested and work on The Center:

• DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_PGM_C (redwood)
  • DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C (tropical beach, small islands)
  • DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_C (3 big jungle islands, not confirmed: 2 tropical islands) 
  • DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C (Half-Burn-Island)

Edited by WarBird25

On 10/31/2016 at 4:09 PM, stoni2041 said:

PrimalItemCostume_BoneCarno_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneGigant_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneJerboa_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneQuetz_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneRaptor_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneRex_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneSauro_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneStego_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneTrike_C
PrimalItemCostume_BoneWyvern_C 

Any tips or links on how to add these to loot drops? I know you can completely override them, but I'd just like to add them to the existing loot tables.

On 29.10.2016 at 10:10 PM, stoni2041 said:

Try removing the ones that don't spawn on the beach. :)

Guide I made was for adding. I am not sure of all the spawns in each area (there is no list I have found and the current maps for each dino on gamepedia are not all that clear), so cannot tell you exactly which ones will/won't actually be in that area. Check your dino BP's. I will get a better look at it tomorrow when I don't have work to do.

i tried that with no luck :(

I added this line and it still crashes on loading the map.

ConfigSubtractNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Trike_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Sauropod_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Ptero_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dilo_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Para_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Trike_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Sauropod_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Ptero_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Dilo_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Para_Character_BP_C")))

Using these entries for The Island, for example "DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C" this is obvious and simple to change the Carnivore Island spawns

But the rest is a lot less obvious to me. Does beach, mountain, snow, etc. control the spawns for EVERY area of the biome? Like, I would think Western Shores has different animals than Northeastern Coast, but both are beach so DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C  refer to all of them?

Edited by sanic

7 hours ago, ravage007 said:

can someone help me build a good configure that we'll switch Titanosaur ponds with Giganotosaurus spawns ty for any help

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Titanosaur_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Gigant_Character_BP_C")
That's the simple text command allowing you to replace one creature with another, in this case all Titanosaur spawns would instead become Giganotosaurus.    

On my issue I posted about, after reading through the topic I suppose nobody knows yet what all the NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString=  for The Island refer too. I hope they make a map or something

Edited by sanic

On 10/21/2016 at 4:21 AM, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Gonna be a bit of a rapid info dump on how Procedurally Generated ARK's (PGARK's) currently works -- will continue to flesh this out as I get more time over the weekend. Bear in mind the system is early and will be rapidly advancing, so if you use Procedurally Generated ARKs, there's always a possibility of losing your save data when the algorithms are further modified!

Without further ado, here we go!

Is it possible we could get an updated version of this table? Some entries have changed and other have been removed. Maybe a scale for each entry as well?

With the update I can get Jungle and Mountains, or Grasslands and Mountains, but not all three. Not to mention multiple settings that I have no clue what they do. I'd happily experiment one at a time if not for the extremely long build time for each map.

• Chris locked this topic
  • Jen unpinned this topic