Quickie Procedurally Generated ARKs How-To Guide

Jeremy Stieglitz

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, labrok said:

If its bugless! then where are the servers with PGM`s?

Do you even know what a bug is?

I think you should stop posting silly assumptions.

Any one have any extra info on the EntryWieght and MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow for adding spawns? I have been playing around witht this trying to add some standard Ark dinos and some Mod variants of them to my SE but it seems no matter what i set the  numbers to the new spawns are completely nerfing the normal spawns.

Examples i added beavers to the Oasis spawns and now there is nothing but beavers there and the few things that come out of the surrounding area. I also added a mod dino to the Badlands and even set to 1000 and 0.01 im getting only that mod dino and the other mod dinos that spawn there

Hey guys and gals.

Important Edit: The () were not all in the appropriate places. This has been fixed in these examples as well as a better description of the variables. The 250.1 update has fixed the values for maximum allowed to work but it is a percentage of the entire instance.

Here is an example of how to use the new container options for ADDING creatures.

PG's Dragon God Mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561820195

Here is a thread with full example of custom settings http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/561820195/305509857559524459/

These settings work with multiple creatures and you can have them spawn in a group or separate by taking advantage of the fact its all arrays in arrays.

To spawn separately in the same area. Each spawn has its own EntryName and Weight Settings.

(Spawning on Carno Island [on the island map] with a chance of spawn 1 out of every 100 on each and spawning one at a time, separately)

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="PGsDragoGodlingIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("DragoGodling_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGsDarkGodlingIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("BlackHeartGodling_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGsCryoGodlingIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CryoGoddess_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="DragoGodling_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01),(NPCClassString="BlackHeartGodling_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01),(NPCClassString="CryoGoddess_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))

To Spawn them together in a group in the same area. Shares EntryName and Weight Settings.

(Spawning on Carno Island [on the island map] with a chance of spawn 1 out of every 100 and spawning two of all of them, 6 total together)

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="PGsDragonGodsIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("DragoGodling_Character_BP_C","BlackHeartGodling_Character_BP_C","CryoGoddess_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="DragoGodling_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="BlackHeartGodling_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="CryoGoddess_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02)))

Of course the two examples can be combined and allow for them to be spawned in groups and separately in an area. This allows for some pretty extreme customization on spawns. :)

Something like this:

In this example the Drago and Cryo Godlings stand a chance of spawning together as a team and all three can spawn separately. 1 of each when they spawn.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="PGsDragoCryoGodlingIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("DragoGodling_Character_BP_C","CryoGoddess_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGsDragoGodlingIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("DragoGodling_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGsDarkGodlingIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("BlackHeartGodling_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGsCryoGodlingIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CryoGoddess_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="DragoGodling_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01),(NPCClassString="BlackHeartGodling_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01),(NPCClassString="CryoGoddess_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))

Please note only one container can be created per spawn area. If more then one is made per spawn area only the first one will be recognized. Since there is no need for more then one controller to have as many as you want to spawn separately and/or in groups (my mistake guys, I apologize).

(in this example only the BlackHeartGodling will spawn)

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="PGsPuppetsIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("BlackHeartGodling_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="BlackHeartGodling_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="PGsMasterPuppetsIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("DragoGodling_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="DragoGodling_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))

To get the names of the creatures you can use the full spawn command to find it.

For example

• cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/GodMod/GodMod/Drago/DragoGod_Character_BP.DragoGod_Character_BP'" 1 1 1 120

Gives you this

DragoGod_Character_BP

You append _C to the end of it like this DragoGod_Character_BP_C and there you have the creature name you need.

For a second example

• cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/GodMod/GodMod/Puppet/Puppet_Character_BP.Puppet_Character_BP'" 1 1 1 120

Puppet_Character_BP

Append _C to make it Puppet_Character_BP_C and done.

Variables:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer= (Main Array for the whole add spawn container)

NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString= (This sets the area in which the creature or creatures will spawn)

AnEntryName= (Is a name you give the spawn controller you made)

NPCSpawnEntries= (Array for setting Weights and defining what Creature(s) to spawn)

EngryWeight - This value controls how quickly a creature will spawn. 0.01 gives a chance that every 1 out of 100 spawns will be the creature with that weight. Remember this is based on all spawns in the instance, not just the spawns in the specified area.

NPCsToSpawnStrings= (Array to place in all of the creature(s) you want to spawn together set by NPCSPawnEntriesContainerClassString)

NPCSpawnLimits= (Array for setting how many of a specified creature(s) spawns when the container is triggered)

NPCClassString= (Creatures Class Name Goes here)

MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow - Still does not appear to be working under further testing. With this value and the weights lowered it only appears to effect how often they spawn....not the maximum allowed.

Options for ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=

PGARK
DinoSpawnEntries_InlandWater_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntries_TheDeepwater_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntries_TheOcean_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSnowMountain_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSnowShoreline_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_PGM_C

TheIsland
DinoSpawnEntries_Beavers_C
DinoSpawnEntries_DarkWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_DarkWater_Mosa_C
DinoSpawnEntries_DarkWaterAngler_C
DinoSpawnEntries_DeepWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_InlandWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_Ocean_C
DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_C (or temporarily DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_PGM_C)
DinoSpawnEntries_RedwoodWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_ShallowWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_SwampWater_C
DinoSpawnEntriesArcha_C
DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave1_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave2_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave2-LowSpiderScorp_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave3_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave5_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave5_Tough_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave7-Fliers_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCaveIceWater_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCaveLava_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCaveWater_C
DinoSpawnEntriesDamiensAtoll_C
DinoSpawnEntriesGigant_C
DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_C
DinoSpawnEntriesIceCave_C
DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_C
DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C
DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_C
DinoSpawnEntriesPelican_C
DinoSpawnEntriesPenguins_C
DinoSpawnEntriesQuetz_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSwampCave_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSwampCaveWater_C
DinoSpawnEntriesTinyCave_C
DinoSpawnEntriesTitano_C
DinoSpawnEntriesWater_C

TheCenter (which also uses many TheIsland spawners)
CustomAnglerSpawner_C
CustomPenguinSpawner_C
DunkEurSpawn_C
GrasslandsUnderArea_WaterSpawn_C
IceCave_Spawner_C
IceCaveWater_Spawner_C
Lava_Spawn_C
Lava_Upper_Spawn_C
LavaBeach_Spawn_C
LavaWater_Spawn_C
MiniCaveBearSpawner_C
SnowGrasslands_Spawn_C
SnowGrasslandsUnderArea_Spawn_C
SnowyLake_Mosa_C
SnowyMountain_Spawn_C
SpiderCaveSpawner_C
UnderwaterCaveSpawn_C
DinoSpawnEntries_OceanUnderworld_C

Scorched Earth
SE_DinoSpawnEntries_DeathWorm_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntries_RexSolo_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesBadlands_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesCanyonCave_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesCanyons_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesDunes_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesEZMode_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesGreenDesert_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesMountainCave_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesOasis_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesRuinsCave_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesRuinsCaveNoGolem_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesSandworm_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesWater_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesWyvern_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesWyvernTrench_C

Edited by stoni2041
Max number allowed still appears to have no effect.

On 25/10/2016 at 11:08 PM, BubbaCrawfish said:

Do you even know what a bug is?

I think you should stop posting silly assumptions.

ok i will tell what is bug, have you tried to host a windows PGM server you rude "geenius" ? have you seen this ? http://imgur.com/gallery/1wdBG

because i see it in every launch, and not only me but many many others too, SO STFU you rude idiot and get a life!

Edited by labrok

Guys, Both the new containers AND the PGM both are in testing (like the whole game is). The PGM says "Highly Experimental".

I get that same error labrok when I don't clear my PGArk cache or close Ark before trying to make another one.

I do want to say something about the PGM though. It seems very generic, like there is a skeleton under it and it just generated around the skeleton instead of actually generating a random map. So it sadly isnt even possible to generate a flat map. I have literally tried every setting and no matter the setting, there is water in small rivers coming out of the center of the map to the outer part. I read the part where it says the map is surrounded by water, but didnt see anything where it said there was water where land should be even if water is set to 0 and land is set to 255 (the width and height of the island in the dev kit). So, yah, still buggy, but has a fair warning about it being experimental.

Edited by stoni2041

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 hours ago, labrok said:

ok i will tell what is bug, have you tried to host a windows PGM server you rude "geenius" ? have you seen this ? http://imgur.com/gallery/1wdBG

because i see it in every launch, and not only me but many many others too, SO STFU you rude idiot and get a life!

I'm thinking you need a timeout... Obviously having a mature conversation is above your level.

And that's a "crash", not exactly a "bug". That can be related to many things, such as, and not limited to, problems regarding your install, or your computers configuration.
The real question though, is whether or not you've REPORTED such issue, compared to simply saying you've got a "bug" and being abusive about it.

Which, looking at your posts, you haven't.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=( (AnEntryName="QuetzSpawner",EntryWeight=1000.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Quetz_Character_BP_C"))), NPCSpawnLimits=( (NPCClassString="Quetz_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01) )  )

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011767194/screenshots/

has anyone got the spawnings to work right i added this to the beach spawning and if u take a look at my screenshot ud see i ended up with loads of quetzls.. same happend to any dino i add on beachs with spawn of 1

21 minutes ago, Norman said:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011767194/screenshots/

has anyone got the spawnings to work right i added this to the beach spawning and if u take a look at my screenshot ud see i ended up with loads of quetzls.. same happend to any dino i add on beachs with spawn of 1

Same thing was just asking Stoni. I've done alot of testing of it and any spawners I add has the same issue. Either they spawn too much of something or nothing at all. Even entering a certain dino to say the beach wipes out all dinos that are supposed to spawn there. Then dinos you "subtract" still spawn and it is very annoying.

21 minutes ago, Norman said:

yeah i cant get the fish like salmon and priana to stop from spawning even when doing the server settings and have it at -1 and have it substracted in ini as well.. theres a small guide above that i didnt read till now trying it out on getting stuff to spawn

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag="Salmon",SpawnWeightMultiplier=0.0,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=True,SpawnLimitPercentage=0)

doing that will stop them from spawning somewhat. It worked for dodo's, dilos, brontos. But when used on ptera and para some still spawned but very little.

1000 is basically saying 1 on weights. I explain the weights extensively in my guide above. 1 means almost always.

anyway. Comment just few above, I made a guide.

to quote myself.

EntryWeight= (Is always a chance first and foremost. Anyway, it is a float value ranging from 0.000000-1.000000 - The percent chance of a spawn is determained from 0.00001% [one out of 1million] to 100% chance to be added to the list of possible spawns that round. Even if set to 1.0 or higher the chance will never be greater then 100% AND even if it is 100% it has to contend for the spawn from the list derived from possible spawns that round. Yup, its a dice roll folks, but it gives an area they are spawned at a semi predictable rate for them to spawn. ie. if set to 0.01 its very likey they will spawn 1 out of every 100 creature spawns - it is likely that it also has a list of most recent to never spawned to make ones that have not been spawned in a while [or never spawned] spawn if their weights are similar/the same...in other words likely there is some minor priority control on spawns beyond just the weights, but the weights play the largest role in that priority.)

I cant count how many times i restarted my server to test this....I should have started in local. lol

But thats it folks. Didnt matter if it was 10000 or 1 it spawned lots of them, the same amount in fact. Started to get reduced below 1.0 and it is a float value so decimal place goes to 6 places. (one millionth).

Edited by stoni2041

32 minutes ago, stoni2041 said:

1000 is basically saying 1 on weights. I explain the weights extensively in my guide above. 1 means almost always.

anyway.

to quote myself.

I cant count how many times i restarted my server to test this....I should have started in local. lol

But thats it folks. Didnt matter if it was 10000 or 1 it spawned lots of them, the same amount in fact. Started to get reduced below 1.0 and it is a float value so decimal place goes to 6 places. (one millionth).

yeah i figured that out the hard way but im trying to put a few dinos in at once since they dont spawn can u tell me if this is about the right code

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="PGsDragonGodsIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Chalico_Character_BP_C","Beaver_Character_BP_C","Tapejara_Character_BP_C","Galli_Character_BP_C","Dimetro_Character_BP_C","Jerboa_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Chalico_Character_BP_C"",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Beaver_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Tapejara_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02) , (NPCClassString="Galli_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02) , (NPCClassString="Dimetro_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02) , (NPCClassString="Jerboa_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03)))

If you want them to all spawn in a group that is fine. This will set them to spawn separately. You also might want to use weights instead of number per spawn. So instead of 2 or 3, set weight at that value instead. (done in the redone example for you). Last but not least I think it was requested to be on a PG map. Those look a lot like something that would do well on a beach. Then name each one its own entry name.

All done.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="PGBeachchalico",EntryWeight=0.02,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Chalico_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGBeachBeaver",EntryWeight=0.02,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Beaver_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGbeachTapejara",EntryWeight=0.02,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Tapejara_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGBeachGalli",EntryWeight=0.02,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Galli_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGBeachDimetro",EntryWeight=0.02,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dimetro_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="PGBeachJerboa",EntryWeight=0.03,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Jerboa_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Chalico_Character_BP_C"",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01),(NPCClassString="Beaver_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01),(NPCClassString="Tapejara_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01) , (NPCClassString="Galli_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01) , (NPCClassString="Dimetro_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01) , (NPCClassString="Jerboa_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))

Here are the options for the NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString=

PGARK
DinoSpawnEntries_InlandWater_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntries_TheDeepwater_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntries_TheOcean_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSnowMountain_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSnowShoreline_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp_PGM_C
DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_PGM_C

TheIsland
DinoSpawnEntries_Beavers_C
DinoSpawnEntries_DarkWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_DarkWater_Mosa_C
DinoSpawnEntries_DarkWaterAngler_C
DinoSpawnEntries_DeepWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_InlandWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_Ocean_C
DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_C (or temporarily DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_PGM_C)
DinoSpawnEntries_RedwoodWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_ShallowWater_C
DinoSpawnEntries_SwampWater_C
DinoSpawnEntriesArcha_C
DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave1_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave2_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave2-LowSpiderScorp_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave3_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave5_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave5_Tough_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCave7-Fliers_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCaveIceWater_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCaveLava_C
DinoSpawnEntriesCaveWater_C
DinoSpawnEntriesDamiensAtoll_C
DinoSpawnEntriesGigant_C
DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_C
DinoSpawnEntriesIceCave_C
DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_C
DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C
DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_C
DinoSpawnEntriesPelican_C
DinoSpawnEntriesPenguins_C
DinoSpawnEntriesQuetz_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSwampCave_C
DinoSpawnEntriesSwampCaveWater_C
DinoSpawnEntriesTinyCave_C
DinoSpawnEntriesTitano_C
DinoSpawnEntriesWater_C

TheCenter (which also uses many TheIsland spawners)
CustomAnglerSpawner_C
CustomPenguinSpawner_C
DunkEurSpawn_C
GrasslandsUnderArea_WaterSpawn_C
IceCave_Spawner_C
IceCaveWater_Spawner_C
Lava_Spawn_C
Lava_Upper_Spawn_C
LavaBeach_Spawn_C
LavaWater_Spawn_C
MiniCaveBearSpawner_C
SnowGrasslands_Spawn_C
SnowGrasslandsUnderArea_Spawn_C
SnowyLake_Mosa_C
SnowyMountain_Spawn_C
SpiderCaveSpawner_C
UnderwaterCaveSpawn_C
DinoSpawnEntries_OceanUnderworld_C

Scorched Earth
SE_DinoSpawnEntries_DeathWorm_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntries_RexSolo_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesBadlands_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesCanyonCave_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesCanyons_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesDunes_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesEZMode_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesGreenDesert_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesMountainCave_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesOasis_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesRuinsCave_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesRuinsCaveNoGolem_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesSandworm_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesWater_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesWyvern_C
SE_DinoSpawnEntriesWyvernTrench_C

Edited by stoni2041
Fixed syntax error.

I  played around with teh NPC Inispawns trying to remove all jurassic dinos from my center map..

For removing a dino I figured that the command would be:

ConfigSubtractNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SpawnerClassname",NPCSpawnEntries=( (NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Creature Name")) ), NPCSpawnLimits=( (NPCClassString="Creature Name") )

So after I inserted the SpawnerClassName (area of the map I want to change) and the creature names that I want to exlude from it I have no luck. I still get all the dino spawn and my ini is wiped after loading the game...

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Does it maybe get buggy when you try to exclude dino spawners that werent there at the first palce? Say excluding a Giga from the beach?

I figured i would be smart and just substract every dino from very zone by just replacing the SpawnerClassName in excel.

So this is an example of my beach entry:

12 minutes ago, xyks said:
ConfigSubtractNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C",NPCSpawnEntries=( (NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Trike_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Sauropod_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Ptero_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gigant_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Rex_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Allo_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Ankylo_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Carno_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Compy_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dilo_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Diplodocus_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Galli_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("OviRaptor_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Pachy_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Para_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Raptor_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spino_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Stego_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Rex_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Titanosaur_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MegaCarno_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MegaRex_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Quetz_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Tapejara_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mosa_Character_BP_Mega_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dimorph_Character_BP_C")) ), NPCSpawnLimits=( (NPCClassString="Trike_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Sauropod_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Ptero_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Gigant_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Rex_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Allo_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Ankylo_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Carno_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Compy_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Dilo_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Diplodocus_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Galli_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="OviRaptor_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Pachy_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Para_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Raptor_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Spino_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Stego_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Rex_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Titanosaur_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="MegaCarno_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="MegaRex_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Quetz_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Tapejara_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Mosa_Character_BP_Mega_C"),(NPCClassString="Dimorph_Character_BP_C") ) )

I would really appreciated if somebody could point out where I''m going wrong...

Edited by xyks

14 hours ago, stoni2041 said:

If you want them to all spawn in a group that is fine. This will set them to spawn separately. You also might want to use weights instead of number per spawn. So instead of 2 or 3, set weight at that value instead. (done in the redone example for you). Last but not least I think it was requested to be on a PG map. Those look a lot like something that would do well on a beach. Then name each one its own entry name.

All done.

Here are the options for the NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString=

yeah the config i posted works decent but thanks for the rearrange i couldnt figure out how to make em spawn seperatly now that fixes that issue but im trying to add another conatiner for like grasslands for the event dinos... i have em the same was as the other config but there not spawning and i know u said its one container per spawner.. but is there anyway to make 1 container have 2 spawners for different areas?

3 hours ago, xyks said:

For removing a dino I figured that the command would be:

Yup, it is.

You had extra spaces in your ends of each spot. (NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dimorph_Character_BP_C")) ) and (NPCClassString="Dimorph_Character_BP_C") ) )  and a few other spots. Not entirely your fault as the example a the beginning of this thread had the spaces in it.

All fixed

ConfigSubtractNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Trike_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Sauropod_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Ptero_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gigant_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Rex_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Allo_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Ankylo_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Carno_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Compy_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dilo_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Diplodocus_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Galli_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("OviRaptor_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Pachy_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Para_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Raptor_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spino_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Stego_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Rex_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Titanosaur_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MegaCarno_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MegaRex_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Quetz_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Tapejara_Character_BP_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mosa_Character_BP_Mega_C")),(NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dimorph_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=( (NPCClassString="Trike_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Sauropod_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Ptero_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Gigant_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Rex_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Allo_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Ankylo_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Carno_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Compy_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Dilo_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Diplodocus_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Galli_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="OviRaptor_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Pachy_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Para_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Raptor_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Spino_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Stego_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Rex_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Titanosaur_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="MegaCarno_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="MegaRex_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Quetz_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Tapejara_Character_BP_C"),(NPCClassString="Mosa_Character_BP_Mega_C"),(NPCClassString="Dimorph_Character_BP_C")))

1 hour ago, Norman said:

yeah the config i posted works decent but thanks for the rearrange i couldnt figure out how to make em spawn seperatly now that fixes that issue but im trying to add another conatiner for like grasslands for the event dinos... i have em the same was as the other config but there not spawning and i know u said its one container per spawner.. but is there anyway to make 1 container have 2 spawners for different areas?

There is no need to have more then one container per spawn area as you can add as many dinos as you want with separate weights to each area.

You can have more then one container as long as it is under a different NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString=. The example I gave for it not working is with the same spawn container class name aka the same spawn area.

A lot of the problem you are having is not actually reading.

If you click on the link to the Mods page i used in the example, you can see each type of spawn is set up to spawn in different areas except the annunki puppet setup where the regular and elder puppets are in the same container.

Edited by stoni2041

2 hours ago, stoni2041 said:

Yup, it is.

You had extra spaces in your ends of each spot. (NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dimorph_Character_BP_C")) ) and (NPCClassString="Dimorph_Character_BP_C") ) )  and a few other spots. Not entirely your fault as the example a the beginning of this thread had the spaces in it.

All fixed

Thank you so mich for helping. Anyway, when i include your fix into my ini (and only that) I CTD and get an UE4-ShooterGame error when Ioad the center :/

2 hours ago, xyks said:

Thank you so mich for helping. Anyway, when i include your fix into my ini (and only that) I CTD and get an UE4-ShooterGame error when Ioad the center :/

Try removing the ones that don't spawn on the beach. :)

Guide I made was for adding. I am not sure of all the spawns in each area (there is no list I have found and the current maps for each dino on gamepedia are not all that clear), so cannot tell you exactly which ones will/won't actually be in that area. Check your dino BP's. I will get a better look at it tomorrow when I don't have work to do.

@Stoni to be honest i do read....

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesTheRedwoods_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=( (AnEntryName="QuetzSpawner",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Quetz_Character_BP_C"))), NPCSpawnLimits=( (NPCClassString="Quetz_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01) )  )
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnowShoreline_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=( (AnEntryName="KairukuSpawner",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Kairuku_Character_BP_C"))), NPCSpawnLimits=( (NPCClassString="Kairuku_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.001) )  )
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="PGsDragonGodsIsland",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Chalico_Character_BP_C","Beaver_Character_BP_C","Tapejara_Character_BP_C","Galli_Character_BP_C","Dimetro_Character_BP_C","Jerboa_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Chalico_Character_BP_C"",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Beaver_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03),(NPCClassString="Tapejara_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03) , (NPCClassString="Galli_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02) , (NPCClassString="Dimetro_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02) , (NPCClassString="Jerboa_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_PGM_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="EventSpawns",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Bone_Stego_Character_BP_C","Bone_Trike_Character_BP_C","Bone_Sauropod_Character_BP_C","Bone_Quetz_Character_BP_C","Bone_Jerboa_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Bone_Stego_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Bone_Trike_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02),(NPCClassString="Bone_Sauropod_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02) , (NPCClassString="Bone_Quetz_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.02) , (NPCClassString="Bone_Jerboa_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

thats my ini ... the only ones that dont work is the grassland spawner others work fine < be replacing the ones for the beach with the ones u reccomended to spawn seperatly but works fine as they spawn seperatly atm using that code as well.. but my map is harsh so things always dieing.. was going to just add the event things to beach but didnt want a crowd of things at the beach

Thank you  @stoni2041 for the detailed discription, helped very much in setting up spawnes on my server!

I was a little confused because Jeremy used very high numbers as  EntryWeight, which somehow reduced the amount of dinos spawned per modified spawner. Numbers from 0.01 to 1 solved this problem (spawned in about 15k more dinos after change).

@Norman, I also tried to spawn the Bone Dinos (The Center Map) but it does not work using these inis. Maybe it is because the summon commands for those do not work. It is unfortunate that only the island can have those dinos auto spawning :/

Edited by WarBird25

• Chris locked this topic
  • Jen unpinned this topic