• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, houndazs said:

Make a PGArk on solo
Copy Gami.ini AND cache files into server
Run server

See video I posted below

Thanks, but I tried your method in the video, it didnt work either, It keeps crashing when a player tries to connect and it doesnt display the correct map name in the ingame browser..

Windows Server 2012 R2 Intel Xeon 3,5ghz, 32Gb Ram ECC

Same error:

Fatal error!

VERSION: 248.4 
ShooterGameServer.exe!IOnlinePlatformData::Compare() (0x00007ff749a88830) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystem\public\onlinesubsystemtypes.h:654]
ShooterGameServer.exe!AShooterGameMode::IsPlayerAllowedToJoinNoCheck() (0x00007ff749d0199b) + 46 bytes [c:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:4095]
ShooterGameServer.exe!AShooterGameSession::ApproveLogin() (0x00007ff749d17775) + 212 bytes [c:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamesession.cpp:536]
ShooterGameServer.exe!AGameMode::PreLogin() (0x00007ff74a8eeb28) + 22 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gamemode.cpp:1275]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UWorld::NotifyControlMessage() (0x00007ff74aaf7ac0) + 162 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3941]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UControlChannel::ReceivedBunch() (0x00007ff74a8a7f43) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:1057]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UChannel::ReceivedNextBunch() (0x00007ff74a8a6cc8) + 21 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:533]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch() (0x00007ff74a8a688d) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:330]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket() (0x00007ff74a9a2a6d) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:1109]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket() (0x00007ff74a9a1863) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:576]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UIpNetDriver::TickDispatch() (0x00007ff74a7f160e) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemutils\private\ipnetdriver.cpp:174]
ShooterGameServer.exe!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance_OneParam<APrimalCharacter,void,float>::ExecuteIfSafe() (0x00007ff749b05d47) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.inl:532]
ShooterGameServer.exe!TBaseMulticastDelegate_OneParam<void,float>::Broadcast() (0x00007ff74a988729) + 14 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:1784]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UWorld::Tick() (0x00007ff74a97d841) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1092]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff74a8df70f) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1139]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff749a675f3) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2376]
ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff749a6306c) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff749a685ba) + 5 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGameServer.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff749a686e8) + 8 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
ShooterGameServer.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff74b7df38d) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffca9b716ad) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffcab944629) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffcab944629) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

can we please get a better guide on how a lot of these settings work please and thank you.. 

Jeremy Stieglitz

Can you please tell how to smooth out the land and mountains they seem to be too pointy and i can't follow this guide you have up as i don't know what most of it means and there isn't any tutorials out yet .. please help me .. thank you in advance... 

Edited by Krysis2016

I made a VERY basic visual guide to help me set up my server and somewhat figure out the settings.

There are many other settings i have not included yet (mostly stuff like tree density and what not)

I hope it helps somebody. =)

(The image in the guide is my server, which was made using roughly the settings in the guide and a random seed.)

Feel free to visit my PvE server.

2CrazyGaming ProGenARK basic setup guide.jpg

Edited by 2CrazyGaming
im new when it comes to posting stuff and links in forums, sorry.... heh

heh, thanks. after the first 2 or 3 attempts and spawning inside mountains ... i figured i needed to make that to wrap my own head around what was going on.

---------

On another note... is it just me or does everyone timeout after first load into a fresh PGark map?

• server fires up fine...
  • first join of server takes awhile to generate map and all that, then timeout just before character creation
  • restart ark then join again and it loads quick

in the beginning post there have been some spawner for TheCenter with the hin 'which also uses many TheIsland spawners)

does someone have a list/side for all TheIsland spawners? (i google'd but did not found anything)

TheCenter (which also uses many TheIsland spawners)
CustomAnglerSpawner_C
CustomPenguinSpawner_C
DunkEurSpawn_C
GrasslandsUnderArea_WaterSpawn_C
IceCave_Spawner_C
IceCaveWater_Spawner_C
Lava_Spawn_C
Lava_Upper_Spawn_C
LavaBeach_Spawn_C
LavaWater_Spawn_C
MiniCaveBearSpawner_C
SnowGrasslands_Spawn_C
SnowGrasslandsUnderArea_Spawn_C
SnowyLake_Mosa_C
SnowyMountain_Spawn_C
SpiderCaveSpawner_C
UnderwaterCaveSpawn_C
DinoSpawnEntries_OceanUnderworld_C

thank you!!

You may need to translate this page from German to English but they have a pretty good experiment going on.  They start with the default pgm variables then each person picks a variable and changes it above and below the default then they post pictures.

https://arkforum.de/index.php/Thread/9126-248-0-Eigene-Karten-mittels-Procedurally-Generated-ARK-erstellen/

35 minutes ago, Twin said:

Has anyone heard if PGM's are going to get swamps?  Also has anybody seen a beaver on a PGM yet?  I haven't.

I saw a post from a mod (can't recall where) that said "swamps are not in yet, but will be." Didn't see anything about when, but i hope soon.

I have not seen beavers yet myself, nor have i seen bears or quetz... dunno if i just missed them on my quick explore or they are just not in yet.

1 minute ago, 2CrazyGaming said:

I saw a post from a mod (can't recall where) that said "swamps are not in yet, but will be." Didn't see anything about when, but i hope soon.

I have not seen beavers yet myself, nor have i seen bears or quetz... dunno if i just missed them on my quick explore or they are just not in yet.

I have seen bears.  No quetz.

14 hours ago, 2CrazyGaming said:

I made a VERY basic visual guide to help me set up my server and somewhat figure out the settings.

There are many other settings i have not included yet (mostly stuff like tree density and what not)

I hope it helps somebody. =)

(The image in the guide is my server, which was made using roughly the settings in the guide and a random seed.)

Feel free to visit my PvE server.

2CrazyGaming ProGenARK basic setup guide.jpg

I did some testing myself and I'm quite sure that the deep water biomes depth is calculated down from the actual water level. So regarding to your chosen values, the deep water biome would start at -0.45 -0.7 = -1.15 which is lower than the ocean ground and thus you would have no deep water biome. To get the result you want, adjust the deep water biomes depth to -0.25 (-0.45 -0.25 = -0.7).

38 minutes ago, GeoSeb said:

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with creating. After I testet some values, I have trouble with the water. The spawnpoint is aroun 10 meter over the water surface, and the land is far away or didn't exist. I don't know which value is the problem, can someone help me out ?

Probably you have messed up with the biomes levels and water levels, post your settings here to see whats wrong

Guest BubbaCrawfish
30 minutes ago, labrok said:

Probably you have messed up with the biomes levels and water levels, post your settings here to see whats wrong

He's better off to reset them to their defaults and make a new map rather than posting broken settings to this thread.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

3 hours ago, GeoSeb said:

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with creating. After I testet some values, I have trouble with the water. The spawnpoint is aroun 10 meter over the water surface, and the land is far away or didn't exist. I don't know which value is the problem, can someone help me out ?

Without seeing the values you are trying, i can only guess that your MountainHeight= could be too high. Again, you'll have to post your settings to know for sure if this is the cause or not.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Why post broken settings to a tutorial topic, why not actually post them to another separate topic so the tutorial thread, doesn't get clogged with broken setups...

Post here, Just made it, for "everything". ;D

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

So I have been building my PGARK today after experimenting with the different settings yesterday. I like my island quite much now. Most of the time went to adjust the exact position of the snow and redwood biomes.

Some nice snow mountains in the north

20161023201958_1.jpg

Open grasslands and thick jungle further inside the land

20161023202125_1.jpg

Redwood placed between mountains and the jungle, this is not too thick to make tree structures possible.

20161023202342_1.jpg

My settings if anyone is interested:

20161023200957_1 - Kopie.jpg

Now a few tips I think work out:

1. Start with the basic layout of the island:

• Start with the default values and make small adjustments. Default maps look surprisingly good.
  • Try random seeds with the same settings and look at different results.
  • Get good balances of ocean/flat land/mountains before you start fine tuning the biomes.
  • Higher water level means deeper ocean but less landmass. It's actually hard to have deep oceans, high mountains and still some flat land.

2. Fine tune each biome to your liking:

• Make grassland have fewer trees, make jungle thicker, redwood less thick, anything you want...
  • Adjust the shore to have the beaches match your tastes.
  • Set the snow biome and redwood biome at the preferred location. This might take really much time if you are picky like I am...

Some important settings and what I know or think they do:

Slopes: Mountain slope and shore slope have a big influence on the island. Increasing the mountain slope makes it mostly mountain like and you lose much flat land. Increasing the shore slope lowers the flat land more to the water level and you end up having flat land but cannot have deep ocean because else the whole island is under water.

Shore trees and resources: The normal shore trees are these little palms on the beach. But for the snow biome there are not palms and the "snow shore trees" are these oil rocks. Because of this, I thought that the mountain trees might be the iron deposits, but I still have tons of iron on my mountains even though the density is low, so this might not be true.

So much written down and there are still many things but this would take much too long so just play around and have fun yourself.

I am very much enjoying this new feature and looking forward to see the swamp maybe the desert or even a volcano in the future version of PGARK. :D

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, GeoSeb said:

Helo everyone,

Here my last settings. Sry this is german :/

20161024095519_1.gif

Could you at least state in that post that it is indeed broken...

Any easy way to remove Gigas overall, anywhere, from all spawner, without having to write a line of code for every single spawner, center AND island? :/ 

If only "spawn percentage" actually meant something in my Survivalservers.com checkbox control panel. 0 spawn percentage still adds just as many Gigas as before.

6 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Any easy way to remove Gigas overall, anywhere, from all spawner, without having to write a line of code for every single spawner, center AND island? :/ 

If only "spawn percentage" actually meant something in my Survivalservers.com checkbox control panel. 0 spawn percentage still adds just as many Gigas as before.

i use this line in my game.ini for my server to remove gigas... 

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Gigant_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")

Edited by 2CrazyGaming

• Chris locked this topic
  • Jen unpinned this topic