Patch 248: Procedurally Generated Maps, Kaprosuchus, Diplocaulus, Chalicotherium, Story Driven Explorer Notes and more!

Jatheish

What the raptor guys, with the tamed dino balancing you totaly raptored the gameplay. Now its impossible to tank turrets with dinos, if a alpha spawns near you base you are raptored cause he will easy kill all your dinos and so on and on..... My pete in 5th generation went from 7k health and 1.5k damage down to 2.3k health and 460 damage. What the hell made you do this ultimate nerv?? Totaly ruined the game -.-

And sorry for my bad english

17 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

that moment at the campfire when the Kapro comes leaping out......ooooohhh yeah....

Got a server ready for generating maps to check out.....4 new dinos that look hella fun.....but don't see any highlights on the bridge, was this in there?  Really hope so.

No the patch notes said they decided against putting it out this update. It probably was not ready yet.

The pg maps are awesome and i especially love the mountains they look very... realistic to me  ... but it is also very laggy... especially in the jungles because of all these trees close one to the other.... i guess we already have an option to change it.. but i will have to look around for it :P ... and maybe on the future you will be able to fix it ? That would be amazing !!

45 minutes ago, rororoxor said:

WOW DEVS you really improved the dino ai's. I thought the tapejara and archa were good, but then i saw the kapro drag someone into the water. rip

a Kapro dragged me into the water. and then killed me! it was the best thing ever! got it on video.

it would be fantastic if that was their intention. and not simply to drag anywhere and it was coincidentally into the water. honestly my new favorite mount

1 hour ago, CeaselessFish said:

a Kapro dragged me into the water. and then killed me! it was the best thing ever! got it on video.

it would be fantastic if that was their intention. and not simply to drag anywhere and it was coincidentally into the water. honestly my new favorite mount

Gotta link to the video?  Us Xbox players need to live vicariously though the PC folks for a while now.  LOL

I am not going to post this in bugs yet, Since the new patch has come out 3 times I have started my Ark and got through to loading the game before my computer crashes completely. Has anyone else had this issue and I am going to get a Technician to look at my rig to see what is happening as it might need more ram tho I do have 8 gigs on it.

On 10/22/2016 at 4:29 AM, RequiemAngel said:

I am not going to post this in bugs yet, Since the new patch has come out 3 times I have started my Ark and got through to loading the game before my computer crashes completely. Has anyone else had this issue and I am going to get a Technician to look at my rig to see what is happening as it might need more ram tho I do have 8 gigs on it.

I was helping someone else the other day and it turned out his PC did not update Ark properly. He had run out of room on his HD. Perhaps your issue? Many have said they watch as Steam allocates for the whole game size when it updates.

Other thing we discovered is that with only 8GB RAM his system and Steam alone used 45%. Game calls for min of 4 so with only 8 you are not leaving much room.

I love learning myself when trying to help.

On 10/22/2016 at 2:29 AM, RequiemAngel said:

I would also check your cooling system. Maybe run a temp check at the same time as doing a map. I had a video card that would overheat in 5 min of opening ark, no matter what I was doing on it. Could be the software running your fan speed might be slowed down in the process.  I have a 32gig, 8 core rig running gtx1040 now. It takes about 5 to 8 minutes to conjure up a new map. In that time I hear my fans turn up in speed. There is software out there for free to turn your fans up manually. Also check for dirt in the heat sink..

Edited by jhakala1963

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Azarithkazehana said:

Any idea as to how long before this stuff gets add to the xbox?

I wish I could say something more comforting than "It will get there when it gets there" but that would be a disservice to anyone anticipating it. Of everything in the new update, procedurally generated arks are the most time consuming thing that could be integrated to the xbox one. That you have PC users that suffer crashes during procedural generation should be an indicator of how taxing this could be (that said, a lot of crashes tend to occur when people go off the rails on the settings they want to bring about).

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 8:30 PM, ciabattaroll said:

Of everything in the new update, procedurally generated arks are the most time consuming thing that could be integrated to the xbox one. That you have PC users that suffer crashes during procedural generation should be an indicator of how taxing this could be "(that said, a lot of crashes tend to occur when people go off the rails on the settings they want to bring about)."

Could you perhaps add a budget to the amount you can adjust each of the settings for the map, till you can get a better grasp on how to increase the amount of adjusting you can do to the map settings without the risk of the game crashing over and over again due to, to much going on in the world maps? Sorta how halo 5 has a forge mod budget but have it so if you increase one setting it reduces the amount you can adjust some of the other settings.