Oceanic server list and a little bit about them

SlipperySquid

Currently i have only done this with The Island this was done during the time period of 5pm-9pm so prime time for us oceanic player base.

OC 84    Filled with Thai people seems to be for only thai players.
OC 85    Filled with a mix of nationalities with aggressive play styles.
OC 129  Filled with seems friendly small server with some people at war.
OC 130  Filled with only AU/NZ player base seems very community based with a long standing alpha who will not tolerate Offlining or greifing.
OC 131  Filled with a mix it seems the alpha was an Asian tribe but does not seem to be active now however, They are in a time of total war due to SE transfers.
OC 132   Filled with no idea seems dead max player base i have seen on recently is 5 and no one answers in chat.
OC 133   Filled with people who will not tolerate PvP it is said if you Raid or PvP you will be wiped.
OC 134   Filled with AU/NZ player base does not seem to mind who plays on the server and seem very friendly to all.
OC 142   Filled with AU/NZ with an alpha that wants you to come at them if you pvp with anyone else you will probably be wiped.
OC 148   Filled with No idea people do not talk to me in chat either is Asian dominated and none speak english or just people are very unfriendly.
OC 148B Filled with No idea however it seems every spawn is filled with turrets so i would say the Alphas want no one on the map except them self.
OC 149   Filled with very few people mostly a dead server been so for a while now.
OC 149B Filled with a mixed of both Asian and AU/NZ player base and generally seems friendly.
OC 150  Filled with AU/NZ player base and everyone seems to be in a rebuilding stage.
OC 150B Filled with AU/NZ players that will not allow Chinese tribes on the server however enjoy fun pvp but not greifing and offline.
OC 151  Filled with A AU/NZ community based server that seems like they enjoy pvp but have a solid community that will come together and off griefers that join the server.
OC 151B Filled with An alpha tribe that will not allow anyone to build up. A steer clear type of server.
OC 156  Filled with Asian's basically a safe haven for Asians where your not allowed end game dinos or turrets if you do not speak any Asian Language.
OC 157  Filled with No one talks in chat it is either dead or owned by people who do not speak english.
OC 158  Filled with AU/NZ player base majority of people seem friendly and seem to not tolirate agressive players is also a fairly dead server.
OC 159  Filled with AU/NZ player base community based who will rally up against anyone trying to greif however pvp seems very well accepted on the server.
OC 160  Filled with AU/NZ player base community based server who does not like greif and seems to rally up if anyone comes to greif.
OC 161  Filled with No idea no one would talk to me so could be an Asian dominated server but by the looks of the bases its a dead server
OC 162  Filled with A mix of both AU/NZ and Thai players with power house Alphas that seem to wipe everyone fairly frequently.

This may not be 100% accurate however people had the opportunity to answer as i spent 10-30mins on each server and the alphas seemed to not want to share there opinion on the server for the vast majority of the servers.

Have fun joining the type of server you are looking for also on a side note i will be coming on to update this frequently and clean it up a bit so its easier to read.

Yea it is my region and the vast majority of people i talked to from Unofficial  said they quit due to Chinese owning every server which ultimately is not actually true there are very few Chinese owned servers it seems.

If you do not know the oceanic community has got some major player base issues due to there being to many servers for its player base.

Unofficial servers are practically dead only 1 server in the past 2-3 months you could consider as an active server. People are leaving unofficial and looking back to official servers due to the issues with the player base and i really want to help all find the correct server they are looking for.

Sure people will join some servers just to grief others however i feel the vast majority will find the server they are looking for.

3 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

Yea it is my region and the vast majority of people i talked to from Unofficial  said they quit due to Chinese owning every server which ultimately is not actually true there are very few Chinese owned servers it seems.

If you do not know the oceanic community has got some major player base issues due to there being to many servers for its player base.

Unofficial servers are practically dead only 1 server in the past 2-3 months you could consider as an active server. People are leaving unofficial and looking back to official servers due to the issues with the player base and i really want to help all find the correct server they are looking for.

Sure people will join some servers just to grief others however i feel the vast majority will find the server they are looking for.

Yes, I run an unofficial server based in New Zealand.  There are too many short lived unofficial server too, I have seen about a dozen in New Zealand and I don't know how many in Australia spring up and then they are listed as offline after about 5 or 6 weeks.

It is also a bit of a chicken and egg thing, players want other people to play with, but if they don't hang around the server looks empty so they move on and then my server is a bit of a niche market being both No-Fly and quite difficult, and we had to ban a player for being a d**k and wiping out noobs in thatch huts so his tribe left with him.  That is my most difficult problem, advanced players doing "Player vs Hut" and calling it PvP.

2 minutes ago, Grounded said:

Yes, I run an unofficial server based in New Zealand.  There are too many short lived unofficial server too, I have seen about a dozen in New Zealand and I don't know how many in Australia spring up and then they are listed as offline after about 5 or 6 weeks.

It is also a bit of a chicken and egg thing, players want other people to play with, but if they don't hang around the server looks empty so they move on and then my server is a bit of a niche market being both No-Fly and quite difficult, and we had to ban a player for being a d**k and wiping out noobs in thatch huts so his tribe left with him.  That is my most difficult problem, advanced players doing "Player vs Hut" and calling it PvP.

There are 2 issues that i see currently with unofficial and it is why i want to avoid them currently.

1) People get wiped off another unofficial and the admin does not take their side so they quit and go i am going to make another server adding to the issue of no player base.

2) People get wiped off an unofficial do not come back to that same server even tho the admins banned the people who were breaking the rules.

It is a lose lose situation for admins in the oceanic region anyways.

9 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

There are 2 issues that i see currently with unofficial and it is why i want to avoid them currently.

1) People get wiped off another unofficial and the admin does not take their side so they quit and go i am going to make another server adding to the issue of no player base.

2) People get wiped off an unofficial do not come back to that same server even tho the admins banned the people who were breaking the rules.

It is a lose lose situation for admins in the oceanic region anyways.

That's possibly true in a number of cases.  But then the advantages are mods and configurability.  Also I think researching the admin can help.  For example a mature admin is likely to maintain a more stable server, and pushing my own button here, I am in my late 40's, and I own dedicated hardware just for running the ark server.  It's the 'kids' who do as you say rage quit a server and start their own running on their gaming PC that causes the 'too many short lived servers' problem.

Issue number 2 that you mention is a problem and I don't know what to do about that.

4 minutes ago, Soulyouth said:

This is not true, 142 is a peaceful server, if pvp happens most of the server + the alpha will come at you for not following the rules and you get wiped.

Hmm interesting i wonder why the community worded it differently.

Unfortunately if people are lying to me i cant stop them from doing that i am going off what people have told me about there server and the community made it sound as if that is how it is. Hopefully i get a better view on this server when i go back through in about a week to ask and see if peoples opinions have changed dramatically.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived