"Bannable Offense"

madfretter

16 hours ago, jjfats said:

Usually once a griefer is outed and destroyed they are gone.  They don't understand the true play of the game with politics and finding a place to fit in on a server.  So once they get raided they can't rebuild because they are not true grinders and players.  They just look for easy ways to come up.  When made to work they leave.  So make them work.

That's what's frustrating about these two tribes, they used to be active, but the last two months they've been doing nothing but doing their best to ruin the game for everyone.

UPDATE.... A Dev is coming to the map this upcoming weds to remove all of their pillars/foundations... I'm not sure if they meant just the griefed pillars/foundations  or all of them in total as in their bases). We shall see. Interestingly enough it's the same Dev that came to my base last time and spawned me that Quetz, so my optimism is high.  I will keep everyone posted.

14 hours ago, madfretter said:

Meaning I filed a complaint through their Xbox profile for code of conduct violations.

I understand that. But from what you have said there was no Code of Conduct violation

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/CodeOfConduct

Microsoft can only help you with Code of Conduct breaches (IE Abuse or Harassment). Everything else has to go to WildCard. :) I have been told this by Microsoft previously.

• Don’t create, share, use, or promote prohibited Content.
  • Don’t engage in illegal activity. For example, don't:
    • Threaten to physically hurt others
    • Spread lies about someone, a product, a business, or a group
    • Post a nude photo knowing the subject of the photo meant for it to be kept private
    • Extort or otherwise threaten action unless you get something you want
  • Don’t harm or harass. For example, don't:
    • Engage in self-harm
    • Encourage violence against people or animals
    • Scream at, intimidate, or bully others
    • Violate another person's privacy (e.g., share someone’s personal information like home address)
    • Fail to protect your account, devices, and personal information (e.g., lend your credentials, post your private information publicly, fail to supervise your devices)
  • Don’t harm Microsoft, Xbox Live, or another person's device. For example, don't:
    • Post links to malware
    • Interfere with another's ability to access their network or device
    • Interfere with Xbox Live
  • Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
    • Use unauthorized hardware or software
    • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
    • Make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents (e.g., tenure, Avatar, game saves, Gamerscore, achievements)
    • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
  • Don’t pirate or use another's content without permission. For example, don't:
    • Share content more broadly than you're allowed to share
    • Use another's intellectual property without permission (e.g., copyrights, trade secrets)
    • Play any illegitimately obtained software or pirated games
    • Play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service
  • Don’t engage in fraud or unauthorized transactions. For example, don't:
    • Lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide third parties access to your accounts or Gamertags
    • Access or attempt to access accounts that you do not own
    • Purchase memberships, games, gift cards, account credit, or content from unauthorized parties
    • Attempt to use or share fraudulent methods for getting memberships, games, gift cards, account credit, content, or hardware
    • Use your account to trade services or in-game content for memberships, games, gift cards, account credit, or content
    • Resell or redistribute any part of Xbox Live
    • Impersonate another person (e.g., Microsoft staff, moderators, employees of game developers, publishers, or other Xbox partners)
  • Don’t use Xbox Live for commercial purposes. For example, don't:
    • Create an account for a business entity
    • Advertise any product or service in Xbox Live
  • Don’t promote prohibited Conduct.

Anyway, I hope WildCard do get it sorted for you ASAP. Griefers suck and ruin the game experience for others,

8 hours ago, Eps said:

I understand that. But from what you have said there was no Code of Conduct violation

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/CodeOfConduct

Microsoft can only help you with Code of Conduct breaches (IE Abuse or Harassment). Everything else has to go to WildCard. :) I have been told this by Microsoft previously.

• Don’t create, share, use, or promote prohibited Content.
  • Don’t engage in illegal activity. For example, don't:
    • Threaten to physically hurt others
    • Spread lies about someone, a product, a business, or a group
    • Post a nude photo knowing the subject of the photo meant for it to be kept private
    • Extort or otherwise threaten action unless you get something you want
  • Don’t harm or harass. For example, don't:
    • Engage in self-harm
    • Encourage violence against people or animals
    • Scream at, intimidate, or bully others
    • Violate another person's privacy (e.g., share someone’s personal information like home address)
    • Fail to protect your account, devices, and personal information (e.g., lend your credentials, post your private information publicly, fail to supervise your devices)
  • Don’t harm Microsoft, Xbox Live, or another person's device. For example, don't:
    • Post links to malware
    • Interfere with another's ability to access their network or device
    • Interfere with Xbox Live
  • Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don't:
    • Use unauthorized hardware or software
    • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
    • Make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents (e.g., tenure, Avatar, game saves, Gamerscore, achievements)
    • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
  • Don’t pirate or use another's content without permission. For example, don't:
    • Share content more broadly than you're allowed to share
    • Use another's intellectual property without permission (e.g., copyrights, trade secrets)
    • Play any illegitimately obtained software or pirated games
    • Play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service
  • Don’t engage in fraud or unauthorized transactions. For example, don't:
    • Lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide third parties access to your accounts or Gamertags
    • Access or attempt to access accounts that you do not own
    • Purchase memberships, games, gift cards, account credit, or content from unauthorized parties
    • Attempt to use or share fraudulent methods for getting memberships, games, gift cards, account credit, content, or hardware
    • Use your account to trade services or in-game content for memberships, games, gift cards, account credit, or content
    • Resell or redistribute any part of Xbox Live
    • Impersonate another person (e.g., Microsoft staff, moderators, employees of game developers, publishers, or other Xbox partners)
  • Don’t use Xbox Live for commercial purposes. For example, don't:
    • Create an account for a business entity
    • Advertise any product or service in Xbox Live
  • Don’t promote prohibited Conduct.

Anyway, I hope WildCard do get it sorted for you ASAP. Griefers suck and ruin the game experience for others,

technically they are extorting us by blocking off the volcano and saying they will remove the blocks in exchange for stuff....lol

On 10/18/2016 at 2:46 PM, madfretter said:

Can anyone tell me exactly what happens here? I have 2 tribes on my server that exist purely to annoy other tribes. We are getting tired of dealing with them. I reported them to WC and to Microsoft. I'm just curious what the final outcome is? banned from the game or are they just given a warning?

Here's a list of their "accomplishments":

Blocked all the underwater drops

Foundationed off the volcano, Herbivore and Carnivore Island and most resource spots on the Island

Pillared inside peoples bases

Built bases under peoples bases

Killing peoples tames

filling up all the water passages with rafts

Now, we have be dealing with them, but I don't feel that I should have to spend half of my time online dealing with nonsense like this and I expect them to be removed from the game. Will this happen? I'm hopeful, but not too optimistic.

Why even put up with that at all? If they seem dead set on just making everyone on the server miserable, why not just make them the only people on the server?

Talk to everyone else and do a mass migration. Head to an obelisk and transfer to a different server.

54 minutes ago, TheFaithslayer said:

Why even put up with that at all? If they seem dead set on just making everyone on the server miserable, why not just make them the only people on the server?

Talk to everyone else and do a mass migration. Head to an obelisk and transfer to a different server.

Run like cowards? Not happenening.

6 hours ago, madfretter said:

Run like cowards? Not happenening.

Not to sound confrontational but if you think switching servers is a coward move then telling on them is in the same realm.  I understand that you want them to be punished for them making the game harder for you but nothing is going to happen to them from WC.  Because griefing and wiping is not against the basic rules of the game.  I agree with madfretter if you are really having such a hard time the only thing to do is leave.  Take the whole server with you if you can this way they become bored and end up releasing the server or it becomes extinct.  I think its your only choice because if you were able to handle them with game play you wouldn't have to complain to WC about it.

7 hours ago, TheFaithslayer said:

2 hours ago, jjfats said:

Not to sound confrontational but if you think switching servers is a coward move then telling on them is in the same realm.  I understand that you want them to be punished for them making the game harder for you but nothing is going to happen to them from WC.  Because griefing and wiping is not against the basic rules of the game.  I agree with madfretter if you are really having such a hard time the only thing to do is leave.  Take the whole server with you if you can this way they become bored and end up releasing the server or it becomes extinct.  I think its your only choice because if you were able to handle them with game play you wouldn't have to complain to WC about it.

You don't sound confrontational, you sound like you didn't read my post.To be clear, they are not making the game harder for me, they are making the game unplayable for me and the entire server. They are not  just wiping or griefing, they are destroying the game for people. They have blocked all of the metal spawn points, underwater drops, herbivore island, carnivore island, the volcano and all the beaver spawns, which are all bannable offenses, they've built under every tribes base on the server thus preventing them from building on their own property, this is also a bannable offense. This is not how this game is played, this is how children or small minded adults entertain themselves.

So, you're telling me if there were people harassing you at your real life home you would just pick up and move to a new house because calling the cops is a cowards move. Sounds kinda silly when put into real life terms doesn't it?  I gotta disagree with you here, cowards run, real people look to officials to hold up the law and fight if need be.  Not to mention these aren't the only trolls out there... Imagine 15 tribes moving 3,000 dinos, breaking down and moving massive bases only to have some troll do the same thing on the new server. No, running is never the answer, upholding the rules and banning those who break them is.

Please take a moment to read this small portion from the offical rules, since you clearly didn't read my post before replying:

PVE specific: Blocking other tribes from building at their own base, blocking in other tribes dinos, blocking access in/out of a tribes base, obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access, may be a cause for action by a GM. A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

If you are warned for any of the reasons above and fail to comply, you can be temporarily banned or permanently banned from all official servers

Agreed with "madfretter", very frustrating when joining majority of the official servers in that the shoreline and forest lines are cluttered with Pillars and there are no bases nearby and all the resourcing points have been taken over. It took me best part of the day running around with the campfire inhand trying to find a spot (where there was no actual bases) to place it so that I can cook or make narcotics and these were meant to be a PVE server. 

I get the whole survival aspect (and love it), and appreciate the fact that it is about getting the best spots and making a go of it (I will spend hours on hours building), but to clutter the areas that you are not even building around with Pillars, etc. so that no one else can build seems a little unsporting, even got as far to craft a raft and sail up shore\river to find an area that I can turn into my base, my home away from the real home :), but eventually realized (pillars continued to protrude and was not going to change) this server and associated players was not for me.

I must have spent a few weekends trying to find a PVE Server that was not like that, eventually just played SOLO and have continued to do so for the last few months.  I did try again on some of the PVE Official servers, however, nothing has changed, and now there is even more stuff cluttering up the maps (tons of rafts all over the place, gateways placed across rivers, pillars with no actual base around for as far as the eye can see that never seem to decompose), so back to my SOLO map.

Would be a great feature (will add it to the new features forum) to have a rating system next to each server on what players have actually rated, this way I know which ones to avoid completely and not waste my time investing in-game days running around trying to find a spot to build.

32 minutes ago, SHStefan said:

Agreed with "madfretter", very frustrating when joining majority of the official servers in that the shoreline and forest lines are cluttered with Pillars and there are no bases nearby and all the resourcing points have been taken over. It took me best part of the day running around with the campfire inhand trying to find a spot (where there was no actual bases) to place it so that I can cook or make narcotics and these were meant to be a PVE server. 

I get the whole survival aspect (and love it), and appreciate the fact that it is about getting the best spots and making a go of it (I will spend hours on hours building), but to clutter the areas that you are not even building around with Pillars, etc. so that no one else can build seems a little unsporting, even got as far to craft a raft and sail up shore\river to find an area that I can turn into my base, my home away from the real home :), but eventually realized (pillars continued to protrude and was not going to change) this server and associated players was not for me.

I must have spent a few weekends trying to find a PVE Server that was not like that, eventually just played SOLO and have continued to do so for the last few months.  I did try again on some of the PVE Official servers, however, nothing has changed, and now there is even more stuff cluttering up the maps (tons of rafts all over the place, gateways placed across rivers, pillars with no actual base around for as far as the eye can see that never seem to decompose), so back to my SOLO map.

Would be a great feature (will add it to the new features forum) to have a rating system next to each server on what players have actually rated, this way I know which ones to avoid completely and not waste my time investing in-game days running around trying to find a spot to build.

Love the rating system idea... My server would be deceiving though... Everything on it is great (and will be again shortly) with the exception of a few trolls that will be gone soon.

FINAL UPDATE..most likely:

All of the one tribes spam foundations have been removed, all of our bases are clear. As far as the other tribe with the junk on the resource spawns, I received an email about them that stated:

" I am forwarding all of this information to the investigation team" and that they couldn't tell me what was going to happen, just that something was going to happen in accordance to policy.

So, there's that. Wildcard did and is doing exactly what they need to, to ensure the rules are upheld. This is my second interaction with them and just like before, they came through.

1 hour ago, madfretter said:

FINAL UPDATE..most likely:

All of the one tribes spam foundations have been removed, all of our bases are clear. As far as the other tribe with the junk on the resource spawns, I received an email about them that stated:

" I am forwarding all of this information to the investigation team" and that they couldn't tell me what was going to happen, just that something was going to happen in accordance to policy.

So, there's that. Wildcard did and is doing exactly what they need to, to ensure the rules are upheld. This is my second interaction with them and just like before, they came through.

Enforcing all the rules is going to be a "fun" job.  Guessing they're going to need more staff to resolve things like this if they cannot make the rules built into the code of the game.  FWIW I know how difficult it would be to code in rules rather than having people do it as it seems no matter what when code is written to help enforce rules the griefers/trolls/etc seem to find ways to break them or bend them to abuse in a new and different way. :( 

3 minutes ago, mleii said:

Enforcing all the rules is going to be a "fun" job.  Guessing they're going to need more staff to resolve things like this if they cannot make the rules built into the code of the game.  FWIW I know how difficult it would be to code in rules rather than having people do it as it seems no matter what when code is written to help enforce rules the griefers/trolls/etc seem to find ways to break them or bend them to abuse in a new and different way. :( 

Yea, no matter what WC does trolls will find a way to be trolls... Honestly, the only clear cut way to do it would be to ban or block  them from PVE once it's been confirmed they are trolling. Then it would be the company 'advising" the player, based on his/hers play style that PVP is the game mode that they should play on.Once word gets out, that should slow down the trolling.  I say this because alot of people that troll, play regular on other maps and they wouldn't want to risk that.

1 minute ago, madfretter said:

Yea, no matter what WC does trolls will find a way to be trolls... Honestly, the only clear cut way to do it would be to ban or block  them from PVE once it's been confirmed they are trolling. Then it would be the company 'advising" the player, based on his/hers play style that PVP is the game mode that they should play on.Once word gets out, that should slow down the trolling.  I say this because alot of people that troll, play regular on other maps and they wouldn't want to risk that.

Seems like a potential way to help handle it that would have a decent feedback loop in that as you said, once it's a policy they might be less likely to troll if they lose out on PVP, etc.  Until they figure out better ways of handling it the staffing is going to be inundated with things that will require a bunch of work to look at and resolve.  And until then the trolls are most likely abusing the system and creating the week+ backlog I see other people reporting here.  A very tough problem to solve in a system/game this complex for sure.

9 minutes ago, mleii said:

Seems like a potential way to help handle it that would have a decent feedback loop in that as you said, once it's a policy they might be less likely to troll if they lose out on PVP, etc.  Until they figure out better ways of handling it the staffing is going to be inundated with things that will require a bunch of work to look at and resolve.  And until then the trolls are most likely abusing the system and creating the week+ backlog I see other people reporting here.  A very tough problem to solve in a system/game this complex for sure.

Maybe the option is to reach out to the community for help. I'd have no problem spending a few hours a week logging in to servers to verify issues for them to handle. I imagine that would lighten their load if a bunch of us did the same.

Archived