"Bannable Offense"

madfretter

Can anyone tell me exactly what happens here? I have 2 tribes on my server that exist purely to annoy other tribes. We are getting tired of dealing with them. I reported them to WC and to Microsoft. I'm just curious what the final outcome is? banned from the game or are they just given a warning?

Here's a list of their "accomplishments":

Blocked all the underwater drops

Foundationed off the volcano, Herbivore and Carnivore Island and most resource spots on the Island

Pillared inside peoples bases

Built bases under peoples bases

Killing peoples tames

filling up all the water passages with rafts

Now, we have be dealing with them, but I don't feel that I should have to spend half of my time online dealing with nonsense like this and I expect them to be removed from the game. Will this happen? I'm hopeful, but not too optimistic.

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Once you’ve submitted a ticket, support will take any actions they deem necessary. Unfortunately, they will not tell you what those actions were if any.

So I guess I just wait until the pillars are gone...lol..  It doesn't really bother me that much, I'm spending most of my time on SE, but I will be moving back to the island in a bit with my new tames so I'd like it cleared up before then. I'll give it a week, if I don't see anything done, I'll do what I was originally going to do.

I gotta ask, I've wanted to ask so many people so I'm going to ask you. Of its that bad and annoying. And you can't destroy the stuff...why the hell so you not find a better server.

People always want to submit a ticket, I doubt anything will be done tbh. Some of the things but surley not a ban. Why not take matters into your own hands. Spend a day or two n find a genuinely good server. Cuz that one sounds like poop. 

A lot of work moving? Losing items? Really worth staying with that kind of crap there?

Because that would mean the griefers win. If you give them what they want it will only encourage them.

Also, why should a tribe who has spent months building themselves up have to leave and get rid of all their stuff and have all that time and effort be a big waste, just because of some griefers who are doing something against the game's rules? Wilcard's support in getting rid of griefer, hackers, users of exploits and such is simply the worst I've ever seen. I won't bother trying to figure out why. But the community as a whole cannot give in to griefers and expect the problem to go away; when the griefers are done with one server they will move on to the next, following the herds of players who just want to have a good game.

If you spent months taming, building, breeding, caving, and making friends, would you give it all up as soon as some griefers start being annoying? I doubt it.

Griefers are why some otherwise amicable alpha tribes are brutal and ruthless. That WC refuses to address this behavior and seemingly considers it "working as intended" (which is just disgusting, if you ask me) is so hideously irresponsible I wouldn't be surprised if the official servers turn out to be all dead or nearly so by the time ARK leaves EA.

As it stands, here is what you do. Name and shame this clown to the server's alpha tribe. Whether they're friendly or warmongering, they will likely take interest in him, and will solve your problem in short order. Handcuffs, a cage, and tons of rocks go a long way.

Think about PvE, bro. OP mentioned pillaring and foundationing, which aren't a problem in PvP. The whole point of griefing is to bother people who can't really fight back. Griefing does happen on PvP but with the exception of zerg rushing Asians, it can almost always be dealt with. There's very little anyone can do about griefing in PvE, except grief in return in the hopes that the griefer leaves.

13 hours ago, CriD said:

I gotta ask, I've wanted to ask so many people so I'm going to ask you. Of its that bad and annoying. And you can't destroy the stuff...why the hell so you not find a better server.

People always want to submit a ticket, I doubt anything will be done tbh. Some of the things but surley not a ban. Why not take matters into your own hands. Spend a day or two n find a genuinely good server. Cuz that one sounds like poop. 

A lot of work moving? Losing items? Really worth staying with that kind of crap there?

Because I've been on this server since release, have put thousands of hours into, have unreplaceable dinos, base locations and materials.... My server was/is a good server. We just have a few toolbags trying to ruin it. I don't feel that I should have to give that up because the Devs just can't seem to get greifing under control...  Even if I was able to transfer everything VIA the ob to another server... WHos to say that another tribe doesnt start doing the same things on the new server? Nah, I don't run.

12 hours ago, WatcherCCG said:

Griefers are why some otherwise amicable alpha tribes are brutal and ruthless. That WC refuses to address this behavior and seemingly considers it "working as intended" (which is just disgusting, if you ask me) is so hideously irresponsible I wouldn't be surprised if the official servers turn out to be all dead or nearly so by the time ARK leaves EA.

As it stands, here is what you do. Name and shame this clown to the server's alpha tribe. Whether they're friendly or warmongering, they will likely take interest in him, and will solve your problem in short order. Handcuffs, a cage, and tons of rocks go a long way.

I am the Alpha tribe on my server. Problem is we are getting established on SE and can't really devote the only time we get on the island to cleaning up their junk.

9 hours ago, Nim said:

Think about PvE, bro. OP mentioned pillaring and foundationing, which aren't a problem in PvP. The whole point of griefing is to bother people who can't really fight back. Griefing does happen on PvP but with the exception of zerg rushing Asians, it can almost always be dealt with. There's very little anyone can do about griefing in PvE, except grief in return in the hopes that the griefer leaves.

Exactly, they are playing like cowards.

12 hours ago, CriD said:

I would wipe them. Simple as that

After I got home from work I was still stewing over this... Went after one of the tribes. Long story short, they thought their walls were high enough to keep out a giga, they didn't count on that giga getting  a lift.  All but a few dinos dead, base half destroyed, all beds crushed and their bodies locked up. I put all the saddles and mats in a few vaults for the rest of the server. I'm really annoyed that I had to do this. If I wanted to deal with crap like this I'd be on a PVP server.

This truly is why some Alphas are brutal and unyielding. But not all of us want to be like this.

6 hours ago, madfretter said:

I am the Alpha tribe on my server. Problem is we are getting established on SE and can't really devote the only time we get on the island to cleaning up their junk.

After I got home from work I was still stewing over this... Went after one of the tribes. Long story short, they thought their walls were high enough to keep out a giga, they didn't count on that giga getting  a lift.  All but a few dinos dead, base half destroyed, all beds crushed and their bodies locked up. I put all the saddles and mats in a few vaults for the rest of the server. I'm really annoyed that I had to do this. If I wanted to deal with crap like this I'd be on a PVP server.

This truly is why some Alphas are brutal and unyielding. But not all of us want to be like this.

It is the reason. On our server we don't allow trolling. But I've never understood pve. I know to each their own, but players can still mess with you n you can either mess back in peculiar ways or your weapon is saying stop. 

15 hours ago, CriD said:

But I've never understood pve.

Personally, I am a PVP guy. But I play other games too, and I play a PVP full loot mmo for 13 years.

Many pvp ppl play ARK as main game.

I just play casual and I can't be bothered with getting messaged that our base is under attack for the x-th time or rebuild every week.

If I want good pvp I play games that are meant for pvp or just my fav. old pvp mmo, not ARK.

16 hours ago, CriD said:

It is the reason. On our server we don't allow trolling. But I've never understood pve. I know to each their own, but players can still mess with you n you can either mess back in peculiar ways or your weapon is saying stop. 

People play PVE because they just want to enjoy the game and not have to worry so much about their work being destroyed. The ways that people can mess with you in PVE in Ark are easily preventable, but for some reason the Dev's don't fix broken things.

23 hours ago, madfretter said:

So what was the end result? I'm curious to know if they came back or tried to fight back

I totally feel the pain of that thorn, but really this is just another "objective" if you will. Ark presents all these hurdles you have to overcome throughout your life on a server from starting off to building up to maintaining, and these trolls (I'd like to call them other things..) are just another one of those hurdles, especially with you being the top dog. How you handle it is a big aspect of the game, and your options are there you just have to pick. If WC were to step in a play god, it'd almost ruin the game and everybody and their moms would be crying to admins or whomever every time somebody did unlikable things  

Now on on the other hand I do think they could do a better job of preventing players from doing unfavorable thing mainly such as blocking the obelisks/ drops but that's another thread. Best of luck in figuring out a solution, and I hope you don't let them win, I'd kinda like to know what server 

1 hour ago, BigRed1227 said:

So what was the end result? I'm curious to know if they came back or tried to fight back

As of last night they still haven't logged on. The other tribe was on though and they were blowing up the chat with their usual crap. I told them to go check their friends base. I didn't hear from them after that, but I assumethey told the other tribe and I'll get to chat today...Also, as of today, no response from WC to my ticket.

Just now, madfretter said:

As of last night they still haven't logged on. The other tribe was on though and they were blowing up the chat with their usual crap. I told them to go check their friends base. I didn't hear from them after that, but I assumethey told the other tribe and I'll get to chat today...Also, as of today, no response from WC to my ticket.

I'd say wipe completely.  Just level the base minus a few pillars and maybe a gate frame. Leave a sign saying that this is what happens to griefers. Kill all dinos. Don't be passive and let them gain another foothold by leaving 1 or 2 dinos. Send a clear message

1 hour ago, BigRed1227 said:

I'd say wipe completely.  Just level the base minus a few pillars and maybe a gate frame. Leave a sign saying that this is what happens to griefers. Kill all dinos. Don't be passive and let them gain another foothold by leaving 1 or 2 dinos. Send a clear message

Oh I did, all thats left of the  base is one wall and a few dilos, nothing to stand on.. The other base will be even easier... One of their members contacted me  a while ago and wants out... I offered him 2 vaults of supplies and starter dinos on scorched for him to invite me into the tribe before he quits, he agreed.

Usually once a griefer is outed and destroyed they are gone.  They don't understand the true play of the game with politics and finding a place to fit in on a server.  So once they get raided they can't rebuild because they are not true grinders and players.  They just look for easy ways to come up.  When made to work they leave.  So make them work.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Eps said:

Why Microsoft? This has nothing to do with Microsoft haha

I had a ticket get answered just a few days ago. took about 7 days. Hang in there.

You can report an Xbox live account if the player is breaking Microsofts terms of service. 

19 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You can report an Xbox live account if the player is breaking Microsofts terms of service. 

Curious, is this breaking any of Microsoft's ToS? I understand if it was abuse or harassment but Microsoft can't action based on in-game specific grieving can they? This would be good to know.

I can't see anything regarding this in:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/ or http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/CodeOfConduct

Archived