Unraveling the Mysteries of the ARK & Scorched Earth Sale!

Jen

There have been a lot of questions on Twitter about how I did the translation, so I figure I would post somehwere people can see it (and with a larger character limit in a post)

So first I just grabbed a general cheat sheet for the heiroglyphs showing their English equivalents and just started writting in notepad as I got the letters.   A lot of them do not match traditional glyphs (the W or U bird was actually a U or a V), and C and K were the same glyph. ("Can" and "Know" use the same glyph.)

Finally, I had a lot of fun with IS (feather-staff) and Y(feather-feather).  They look similar, but different enough to get it.  ..though to be fair I started the translation with "thy" instead of "this"... was a huge mess until I figured  it out.  Also, some glyphs I just had to guess at based on spelling, which unlocked more glyphs (beautiful and obelisk were big helps).

Finally, some of the characters are mirrored (the first arm E, the A in Amon-Ra).  I thought it might spell a secret word, but it looks like they show capitalization.

Would love to see more of this kind of thing, maybe even less text, but with the story of other "npc" survivors.

Ok normally i wouldnt give a rats arse but considering egyptology in particular Hieroglyphics is something i love the fact that you screwed it up annoys me greatly.

Also theirs no cartouches aka nameplates where names like Anubis or even fred would appear point is that note could be someone writing a shopping list then it being important.

21 hours ago, Deadpool00012 said:

Apparently theres Egyptians on the Ark now. Human/Animal hybrid Gods comfirmed. You can tame them they one shot everything. There are 200 on each server. They take three narco arrows to take down. They only eat everything in the game. 

lol don't say things until you have proof.

On 10/18/2016 at 0:11 PM, SatansPegasus said:

Ok normally i wouldnt give a rats arse but considering egyptology in particular Hieroglyphics is something i love the fact that you screwed it up annoys me greatly.

Also theirs no cartouches aka nameplates where names like Anubis or even fred would appear point is that note could be someone writing a shopping list then it being important.

Was meant to be a puzzle not traditional hieroglyphics calm down boss

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CheshireRaptor said:

Wait, this is ONLY available on Scorched Earth? Despite this suppose to be on the original? What bullpoop is this???!!!!

Explorer notes can be found across both the Island and on Scorched Earth. Enhance your calm, John Spartan.

Explorer Notes can be accesses through your game stats in game. I'll try to get some screen shots next time I am playing. You just have to check off which map you are playing. The notes you have will show up as small icons which you can click on to read at your leisure. It is somewhat similar to learning engrams.

They are not that easy to find. They will be picked up automatically when you walk on top of them.

BMlo3op.jpg