Worth Buying

MonkeyManofLife

Wow, I am amazed how you guys defending a broken DLC, That is actually sold by false statement  "A finished and separate DLC"

Due to you guys SE is still broken and Dev doesnt care to fix it after 1 month.

Ah I forget to mention 2 other bug:

* Dino glitch inside Adobe structure

** Desert Loot Crate are joke

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

Wow, I am amazed how you guys defending a broken DLC, That is actually sold by false statement  "A finished and separate DLC"

I do not know about your but I am almost 50 years old. I have got a lot of games sold in stories out the box(the only way to get them back then) with way more bug then this DLC. And pay 2 times what I payed for the whole ark game.  Early access games have changed all of this. It is way better now we pay less for the game and get about the same level of bug. And they are adding to the game all the time. Thing have changed in PC games from the stared and this old dog has no trouble changing with the times. It way better now then when we got the game for full price and had no clue if it was any good at all. 

BTW I have only been playing ark for about 4 to 5 months. I bought Ark on sale for $15 and later got SE DLC for $20. That $35 over all. and in the time I have played I have more then got my money worth out of it. Ask your self the same thing. And if it is no then why are you playing the game. 

I love Ark, so paying $20 for a DLC was no problem at all. I've already played the game for over 1700 hours now, so for what I paid for it over a year ago and this $20 is very cheap. This is the most bang for my buck I've gotten in a long time, especially for an Early Access game. If you love Ark, then I think this DLC is for you, too. It adds a lot of new things (which I know many others have included, so I don't really need to repeat them). It is challenging to start out a new character with, but it can be a learning experience, even if death is frequent. Bolas are one of your best friends in SE, especially at the beginning. Even the "easy" areas are difficult, but if you hit something with a bola, you can make it unable to get too close to you, but you can still get close enough to it where you are within range of hitting it with a spear and it still can't attack you. Also, fortitude is one of the most important stats. The more you have, the less the heat will bother you. Also, adobe structures (at least for your own house) are the way to go. You will fry in a stone house, but will be fine in adobe. You can also transfer items, creatures, and characters between like servers (like official to official) or between your single player maps. I found this to be very helpful because I was able to tame an wild Argy that was over 120 on The Center and bring it over to Scorched Earth (since I was having trouble finding a good high level one on SE). Many people have an opinion of SE and it looks like a lot of it is negative as people think Early Access games shouldn't have paid DLC. However, the Ark devs seem to be very serious about this game and are constantly updating, adding new things, and fixing issues, so I have no doubt that the game will eventually exit Early Access.

That's just my opinion. I love this game. It's the game I've played the most in the last year or more since it was released. I've played in single player mode and on an official server and I continue to play and love it. 

If you decide to get it, I hope that you enjoy it, too. Also, it's on sale now.

Oh and if you're playing in single player mode and are having some trouble with some of the higher end tames that are best done in a tribe, I suggest trying out some mods.

Can you be more specific how the DLC is broken, sure they left some things out that tame faster, but it does not break the map or game. 

On the other two bugs sorry what you seen but for me, never had a dino glitch inside an adobe structure.  Loot crates have been way better for me on that map than the Island maps.  I'm neutral, will give my opinion based what I've have witnessed.  Not gonna wave the EA flag, but will simply say I've see issues that are random, not repeating, I've also not see huge issues others have reported.

Ark is most likely the only game I've invested the most time in.  I have it for Xbox and PC, and mostly been playing on PC after spending 1500+ hours on Xbox alone and over 600+ hours on PC.  Best investment that I have ever made for a game.  I have met some incredible ppl via the game as well.  I just simply tell friends who buy the game that hey, it is EA, it will be buggy, there are times you will rage, there will be times that you will want to keep playing for 12 plus hours straight.  There will be times what you will want to watch others play the game on Twitch or Youtube for hours and wonder.

In the end, its up to each person to make the final judgement if it was worth it.  After all what I love about games others might not.  I think the OP needs to watch some videos first as well on youtube or twitch etc and make the call.

@ehuhoser @GregoPeckThe reality is DLC has issue, dude you should read whole thread other bugs are mention above. 

If you judge anyone statement by play time then sorry to say you I play Ark more than any game in my life [Total playtime is 3.2k]

I love and enjoy ARK like others but As a person me and other people cant deny the bugs exist in game, list very big. Devs silent really bother me, why there is no fix after a month even for a paid DLC.

I already explored all the stuff in SE (Both official and unofficial), caves are also bad, loot drop are like joke. When you got all the dinos of SE and explore everything then you realise what I am saying, untill please learn to read whole thread before reach on any conclusion. 

My opinion was for new player who willing to buy at $20.

you are obviously reading and filling in more on what I said and assuming, All I said basically to you was can you be more specific.and never once did I say or judge anyone's time in Ark against another.  Your opinion is based off a player with 3k hours not a new player otherwise you would not have said when you get all the dinos of SE and explore everything (if you have done everything in Scorched Earth good for you, but that not prove its broken, that just reaffirmed that its not, because nothing broke to keep you from doing everything), and yes I read the whole thread, don't assume on that as well, dude.  You need to go back and re-read what I said because obviously you did not read what I said, you only read what you wanted to read and took the whole thing as something you think I said to you.

16 hours ago, GEonWAR said:

High lvl anky hmmm! how u tame it? and how much time u spend to get tammed? (Your answer will reveal the secret of Kibble issue )

I knew you mention Mantis, but sir you can not compare Mantis to Anky, I dont wanna run for Pickaxe repair in middle of metal farm....  

So you don't want to run for a repair. Fair enough. Heres a trick... carry more than one pick, or since i'm sure your not running your anky back every time its full of metal you have a hauler that could bring you a new one or repair yours. (being in a tribe is kind of a thing). Time spent getting it tamed I honestly have no clue. I'd have to look it up. But its done now and i'm pretty sure it was tamed during a mass tame session where we knocked out 4-5 things at once and tamed them all up. I do know the Doe we tamed took longer (which we now don't use since the rock elemental is better) 

12 hours ago, GEonWAR said:

What evidence do you have that they don't care? I'm still seeing patches that address bugs coming out pretty regularly. There was a communications fail at launch that i'm chalking up to the fact that they were all at PAX. I've never heard of the dino glitch adobe thing personally. I haven't seen new bugs in SE that aren't some form of ones in the base game. I could be wrong but then again I have never really had any of these "game breaking" bugs people talk about. 

Desert loot crates are great. I've gotten so much stuff for the island from them. If you want stuff for SE you need to hit up the cave drops. They have also mentioned that they know about the desert loot and will look at changing it. I honestly don't mind personally. I get a good mix of stuff I can use and stuff I can send back. 

25 minutes ago, Multivitamin said:

So you don't want to run for a repair. Fair enough. Heres a trick... carry more than one pick, or since i'm sure your not running your anky back every time its full of metal you have a hauler that could bring you a new one or repair yours. (being in a tribe is kind of a thing). Time spent getting it tamed I honestly have no clue. I'd have to look it up. But its done now and i'm pretty sure it was tamed during a mass tame session where we knocked out 4-5 things at once and tamed them all up. I do know the Doe we tamed took longer (which we now don't use since the rock elemental is better) 

What evidence do you have that they don't care? I'm still seeing patches that address bugs coming out pretty regularly. There was a communications fail at launch that i'm chalking up to the fact that they were all at PAX. I've never heard of the dino glitch adobe thing personally. I haven't seen new bugs in SE that aren't some form of ones in the base game. I could be wrong but then again I have never really had any of these "game breaking" bugs people talk about. 

Desert loot crates are great. I've gotten so much stuff for the island from them. If you want stuff for SE you need to hit up the cave drops. They have also mentioned that they know about the desert loot and will look at changing it. I honestly don't mind personally. I get a good mix of stuff I can use and stuff I can send back. 

I agree with most of the above, and I find it interesting that you think the desert loot crates could actually be working as intended, although I'm hoping they fix them. I really don't have the time to play on two servers, so spend all my time on SE and once I hit level 80, will probably be very annoyed by the loot in these. If they are really trying to encourage players to play on more than one map with the same character, then they should make transfer between the two more seamless. 

One idea is that instead of having to upload a character and leave a server, you could duplicate that character and use it on more than one server. Changes (like leveling) would be linked to the duplicate, so leveling on one server, levels the character on the other. You would still only have one copy of an item, you would need to upload an item or dino and download on the other server. Switching servers would be as simple as logging into the one you want to play on.

I still don't have a Mantis though. I'll probably get one right about the same time I get a wyvern. I just don't have the time to kill all the death worms to get the horns. I typically play 1 to 2 hours at a time, and going in the desert is like 1/2 hour to get ready and get there, leaving very little time to find and kill one. Maybe I'll kill one this weekend, but that still leaves me short 10 or 20 (depending on 1x or 2x) horns for taming a level 100. I really can't agree with a Mantis being a replacement for an Anky when I need to play 3 months before getting one. This is one tame they really could have made easier to get if it is truly supposed to replace the Anky. Why not have a non-perfect tame alternative so we can get one of these much sooner. They even spawn in a few areas not in the very dangerous dunes. The south desert has one sometimes (saw one yesterday).

1 hour ago, Multivitamin said:

evidence!

Did they say anything abt all the issue in SE except a lie "Scorched Earth is full and finished game". After 50 days still nothing in patch note, are they mentioned anything in Patch 248 or upcoming 249. 

Edit: I voiced my opinion as a consumer, may be other have their own. 

54 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

evidence!

Did they say anything abt all the issue in SE except a lie "Scorched Earth is full and finished game". After 50 days still nothing in patch note, are they mentioned anything in Patch 248 or upcoming 249. 

In a separate thread, there is an almost parallel discussion:

In that thread, it was noted that even though at first they said: "completely finished, polished", that was later removed (corrected). Yes there was some initial miscommunication, but that has been fixed in most places. Look at the press release, it mentions nothing about being finished, polished:

Technically, every patch is not just for the Island or the Center. These are all new features (most of them) for SE also. I'm going to look forward (hopefully tonight) to riding on the back of my wolf and shooting fire arrows at a nearby Mantis. That will be so cool :D

Just now, wildbill said:

In a separate thread, there is an almost parallel discussion:

In that thread, it was noted that even though at first they said: "completely finished, polished", that was later removed (corrected). Yes there was some initial miscommunication, but that has been fixed in most places. Look at the press release, it mentions nothing about being finished, polished:

Technically, every patch is not just for the Island or the Center. These are all new features (most of them) for SE also. I'm going to look forward (hopefully tonight) to riding on the back of my wolf and shooting fire arrows at a nearby Mantis. That will be so cool.

What u linking? A lie from WC?

Move forward mate, 

It is broken and need to fix.... 

Have fun..... 

@wildbill I didn't say they were working as intended I said I thought they were great! :)  I'm sure they need to have the loot tables fixed no argument there doesn't make sense to be getting the water dino stuff in them or the fur gear. I enjoy it though because on the island I was an avid diver for these drops every day. Having them so easy to access with the same loot table is great for myself. 

47 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

evidence!

* Poison Wyvern tertiary 'C' ground attack is now Wing-Flap Wind, not Snarl.  Requires Server Update.
* Diseases no longer persist across Survivor cross-server travel.  Requires Server Update.

* Fixed issue with losing Engrams on downloading Survivor via Cross-ARK Transfer.
* Fixed insulation calculation bug that caused spontaneous death in some bases. Requires Server Update.

You can now (rarely) get rare mushrooms/rare-flowers on scorched earth from purple plants, and sickle now harvests from seed cactus.  Requires Server Update.
* Whip now only has 25% chance to disarm players.  Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Battleye disconnection issue when doing server survivor transfer
* Changed Manticore Tribute cost to require only 10 wyvern talons per type, rather than 15.  Requires Server Update.
* Antidote item can now be crafted with deathworm spikes alternatively instead of leech blood.  Requires Server Update.

Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with the Chainsaw sound staying on after unequipping.
Unversioned Hotfix: Added multi-lingual translations for ScorchedEarth. Also added the following new translated languages, use via launch commandline -culture=LanguageCode
* ScorchedEarth: Fixed issue where generators would not automatically come back online after an Electrical Storm

* Lightning Wyvern beam no longer damages structures
* Mantis can no longer equip invalid Saddle types
* Rock Golem now takes 50% damage from Wild Dinos, rather than 10%

* Fixed invalid retaining Tent buff. Requires Server Update!
* Fixed Molleratops & Rock Golem activations messing with the Tribe Ride/Order Rank values. Note: older servers should update to stay in sync with clients, otherwise clients will not be able to Drink / Hide respectively. Requires Server Update!

I'm seeing a lot of patches for SE and I got tired of copying and pasting them. So again where is your evidence that they don't care about SE and aren't trying to improve it? I get the feeling you have ONE issue that is bugging you so your claiming the whole thing is broken. If a button falls of my shirt I don't say the shirt is ruined. I say it needs a new button. 

Does SE have issues? Of course it does it is part of an EA game. The issues it has are mostly, not all I grant you, the same ones from the base game you've liked enough to put 3k hours into. To give credit to WC they have retracted the areas where they say it is a finished and polished map. I never saw anywhere they said "full and complete" which is isn't since they are still adding content.

4 minutes ago, Multivitamin said:

@wildbill I didn't say they were working as intended I said I thought they were great! :)  I'm sure they need to have the loot tables fixed no argument there doesn't make sense to be getting the water dino stuff in them or the fur gear. I enjoy it though because on the island I was an avid diver for these drops every day. Having them so easy to access with the same loot table is great for myself. 

* Poison Wyvern tertiary 'C' ground attack is now Wing-Flap Wind, not Snarl.  Requires Server Update.
* Diseases no longer persist across Survivor cross-server travel.  Requires Server Update.

* Fixed issue with losing Engrams on downloading Survivor via Cross-ARK Transfer.
* Fixed insulation calculation bug that caused spontaneous death in some bases. Requires Server Update.

You can now (rarely) get rare mushrooms/rare-flowers on scorched earth from purple plants, and sickle now harvests from seed cactus.  Requires Server Update.
* Whip now only has 25% chance to disarm players.  Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Battleye disconnection issue when doing server survivor transfer
* Changed Manticore Tribute cost to require only 10 wyvern talons per type, rather than 15.  Requires Server Update.
* Antidote item can now be crafted with deathworm spikes alternatively instead of leech blood.  Requires Server Update.

Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with the Chainsaw sound staying on after unequipping.
Unversioned Hotfix: Added multi-lingual translations for ScorchedEarth. Also added the following new translated languages, use via launch commandline -culture=LanguageCode
* ScorchedEarth: Fixed issue where generators would not automatically come back online after an Electrical Storm

* Lightning Wyvern beam no longer damages structures
* Mantis can no longer equip invalid Saddle types
* Rock Golem now takes 50% damage from Wild Dinos, rather than 10%

* Fixed invalid retaining Tent buff. Requires Server Update!
* Fixed Molleratops & Rock Golem activations messing with the Tribe Ride/Order Rank values. Note: older servers should update to stay in sync with clients, otherwise clients will not be able to Drink / Hide respectively. Requires Server Update!

I'm seeing a lot of patches for SE and I got tired of copying and pasting them. So again where is your evidence that they don't care about SE and aren't trying to improve it? I get the feeling you have ONE issue that is bugging you so your claiming the whole thing is broken. If a button falls of my shirt I don't say the shirt is ruined. I say it needs a new button. 

Does SE have issues? Of course it does it is part of an EA game. The issues it has are mostly, not all I grant you, the same ones from the base game you've liked enough to put 3k hours into. To give credit to WC they have retracted the areas where they say it is a finished and polished map. I never saw anywhere they said "full and complete" which is isn't since they are still adding content.

Dude you get so emotional, but these things what u linked above fixed the game? By the way these fix are just after DLC drop..

These things are still in game from day 1: 

*Kibble chain broken, some kibbles are not available (Even after 1 month)

*Mantis and Throney egg lay is broken

*Sometime spawn player at unwanted location, (Player choose easy but spawn at hard)

My statement is same as before, it is not worth $20.. So stop tagging me... 

2 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

What u linking? A lie from WC?

Move forward mate, 

It is broken and need to fix.... 

Have fun..... 

I don't think you are even reading others posts at this point, just posting your opinion. You've said all you can say at this point. You don't like SE or are just really pissed.

I suggest taking a break from the forums if you can't even bother to click on my links to see what I posted.

1 minute ago, GEonWAR said:

Dude you get so emotional, but these things what u linked above fixed the game? 

My statement is same as before, it is not worth $20.. So stop tagging me... 

Seeing as you tagged me first and asked me direct questions i'm not sure why your annoyed by my tagging you but so be it. I thought this was a discussion. Since the above links are in fact patches and be definition they are designed to fix a flaw then yes they did fix the game. 

Tag your it. No tag backs.

Just now, Multivitamin said:

Seeing as you tagged me first and asked me direct questions i'm not sure why your annoyed by my tagging you but so be it. I thought this was a discussion. Since the above links are in fact patches and be definition they are designed to fix a flaw then yes they did fix the game. 

Tag your it. No tag backs.

Scroll up and read what bug I am talking abt..... 

wow just reloaded the thread. Yeah done replying to GEonWar (look no tag!) Last post on this one. Already addressed the kibble chain as for the egg laying not sure what you mean as I have eggs from both thorny and mantis eggs. Their egg lay rates are super low but I think that is simply because people are so used to the oviraptor buff. The only one that was broken was the moralatops wasn't laying eggs when tamed for a while but again that was patched. Spawning at an unwanted location is such a minor bug its more of an annoyance. Just die and respawn again. 

Yes, it is well worth 20$

When the DLC first came out I said I was not going to pay for it,  I wanted the issues on the Center fixed first.  Last weekend I broke down and got it.  I am glad that I did too.  This game brings in a lot of new elements to the game.  It changes the way you have to survive.  I played on center map where the only place you could build and not get wiped every week was in the snow biome.  I thought that I had learned to survive in hast conditions.  This map takes it to a whole level.  With all of the new creatures and strategy of survival I think it is well worth the 20 bucks.  I have put more hours into Ark that any other game I have owned.  If you do go to a SE server make sure to take a mindwipe before you go.  There will be new things for you to learn and things from the non DLC that you wont need. 

On 10/18/2016 at 10:39 PM, GEonWAR said:

High lvl anky hmmm! how u tame it? and how much time u spend to get tammed? (Your answer will reveal the secret of Kibble issue )

I knew you mention Mantis, but sir you can not compare Mantis to Anky, I dont wanna run for Pickaxe repair in middle of metal farm....  

On 10/19/2016 at 2:09 AM, vonholtz said:

I can tell you have got to set in your ways in ark. Most of the stuff you point out as bad i think is good. I mean boohoo there not all the kibbles. Kibble was not always in the game ether. And just means a bit more work taming. And ohh no you have to stop and fix the pick like that a big deal. Stuff like that is fun keep me playing games like this. Doing a little in game work to keep it all running is good for you. There are ways around it anyway. I keep extra metal pick/axe I get from killing dino. I keep 3 or 4 on my mantis. I use them till they break swap them out and keep going. When I get back to a smithy I fix them all and ready to do it again. Try thinking out side the box. I see so many people bitching about how this dose not work or that. I take that as a challenge to find a way. 

Oh and I have you know so fare 90% of my metal mining was done with a pick in my characters hand and a Procoptodon I tamed and put points in to it carry WT. I jump out to the nods get as much as I could carry on my roo and jump back. And I did this over and over. I am sure not a lot of people have tried metal mining that way have you? But it worked. 

Keep in mind that you don't have to run to repair your pickaxes. Simply bring along a thorny dragon and you can repair them on the go.

5 minutes ago, TheFaithslayer said:

Keep in mind that you don't have to run to repair your pickaxes. Simply bring along a thorny dragon and you can repair them on the go.

As I said it all about thinking out side the box. A Thorny Dragon smith is just another way. I realy think that GEonWAR is burned out on ARK and is mad over the DLC. And is coming out with lame reason to try and put it down. 

1 minute ago, vonholtz said:

As I said it all about thinking out side the box. A Thorny Dragon smith is just another way. I realy think that GEonWAR is burned out on ARK and is mad over the DLC. And is coming out with lame reason to try and put it down. 

From my perspective, it seems that GEonWAR is simply bitter because Scorched Earth is just too difficult for them and is just trying to find an excuse to complain about it that doesn't involve them admitting as much.

5 hours ago, vonholtz said:

Lol, Yes I am mad but not on DLC, I am mad at Dev how they collect money from us and abandoned DLC broken. 

5 hours ago, TheFaithslayer said:

From my perspective, it seems that GEonWAR is simply bitter because Scorched Earth is just too difficult for them and is just trying to find an excuse to complain about it that doesn't involve them admitting as much.

This pic is for you my dear friend, I have everything in SE DLC everything done mostly Solo, I express my opinion in thread.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Archived