Just noticed the building feature rotate items 180

WolfeUK

11 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Playing on the XB1 i've just noticed the Y button rotates the item 180, ie a wall can now be rotated 180 regardless of the foundation position, so glad they added this, 

Sucks i didn't know of this sooner lol

Yea, this has been on for a while now... Since you didn't know this, maybe this will help too... You can place items while mounted on a dino... MAkes building high structures much easier.

When you have two foundations together, or when you place a wood/stone FENCE foundation, there are different snap points depending on which side you're on. Be sure to press y, and move back and forth, to make sure you're aligning correctly.

i.e. If you make a 3x3, you're ceilings can have gaps in them if you don't snap them to the wall, or the other adjacent ceilings, correctly. 

4 hours ago, madfretter said:

Yea, this has been on for a while now... Since you didn't know this, maybe this will help too... You can place items while mounted on a dino... MAkes building high structures much easier.

I didn't know this either lol, thanks for sharing.

I did know about the side you where standing on, this was how i always tried to build walls on fence foundations, can be still hard to see sometimes though, specially fence foundations as you dont really have anything to go by, the amount of times ive taken walls down cause they where facing the wrong way, all this time i could have used the 'Y' button lol 

48 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

I didn't know this either lol, thanks for sharing.

I did know about the side you where standing on, this was how i always tried to build walls on fence foundations, can be still hard to see sometimes though, specially fence foundations as you dont really have anything to go by, the amount of times ive taken walls down cause they where facing the wrong way, all this time i could have used the 'Y' button lol 

Lol, I figured.... Alot of people don't actually... we need an instruction manual...

Archived