Problem taming a mid level Mantis ?

WolfeUK

This really sounds like a bug. The Mantis shouldn't lose effectiveness unless it's been able to be fed for a while without you giving it a horn, so it sounds like the game is not properly registering that you've fed the Mantis and that it isn't yet ready to eat again. It's also possible that you're moving too far away from the Mantis while it's wandering around, which can cause its progress to reset, though it doesn't sound like that's the problem you're having.

Ive being taming them in a pen, reason being is they keep wondering off killing then i cant tame them, but i did notice they where starving in the pen, so im guessing the horns dont actually feed them ?

Also first horn does over half of the taming bar, but after that it only seems to do about 10%, but they lose 15% between horn feeds, so i really dont know whats going on with them, 

Seems these are harder to get than Wyverns, which doesnt seem right lol

9 hours ago, Duffried said:

Sounds suspisciously like a taming multiplier bug to me.

From what ive being reading this does seem the case, will pop it i the bugs threads, thanks 

Did some testing, so it seems i had my Dino food drain on 6 which meant the Mantis's would lose hunger really quickly resulting in messing up the taming due to being starving, not sure if theres a bug there as i dont have problems with any other passive taming, but glad its being resolved

I know own a level 201 Mantis :) 

On 14/10/2016 at 4:08 PM, WolfeUK said:

From what ive being reading this does seem the case, will pop it i the bugs threads, thanks 

Did some testing, so it seems i had my Dino food drain on 6 which meant the Mantis's would lose hunger really quickly resulting in messing up the taming due to being starving, not sure if theres a bug there as i dont have problems with any other passive taming, but glad its being resolved

I know own a level 201 Mantis :) 

Excellent stuff, glad it worked out.

Archived