[RANT] PLS DON'T AUTO LAND BIRDS WHEN DC!

SkUbA

hi,

so in the past flyers like the argy or ptera would have remained in the air whenever you ( the player) was disconnected but now that they always seem to land whenever u lose connection such tames are, especially pteras, almost a guaranteed loss! 

In times where ppl complain about DDoS attacks or considering the simple fact that it takes arguably forever to hunt a max lvl wild dino down, tame and secure it, the last thing ppl want are dead tames due to DCs!

Please make it the way it was before where tames would remain in the air! You simply had to use a spyglass and whistle to get them back in almost all cases which is a 1000 times more convenient than going through the extremely time-consuming ordeal of taming another max lvl dino!

Please understand how frustrating and exhausting the process of taming, especially max lvls is and how upsetting it is to lose a tame just because you lost connection for 1 minute..

Thanks.

Seems reasonable. This doesn't make a negative impact that I can foresee so I would support it. But then keeping the bird on Neutral to protect itself is reasonable too. If it is a max tame and then leveled, it should be strong enough to hold its own. If a player's character dies or dc's then the area is unloaded and all dinos go in stasis mode so the bird will not be attacked (at least until you get back to the area and load it or other players are present). 

I have lost a couple low levels due to this but that was when starting a new character on a new map. It took me a bit to get to the tame so the area got reloaded before I could reach my dino. Later on, I have never lost one since they have been high level and then trained (taken out and leveled up more). And I also always (except when just starting a new character) have back ups, especially a fast recovery dino/flier. 

Recommend not just taming one high level of choice. Always tame multiple so if for some reason, one dies or disappears, then you are not doing with out. 

I never get attached or dependent on any one tame. As a matter as fact, I currently only have one Fire Wyvern (working on my second). I will probably lose this Wyvern during Fear Evolved 2 fighting the DodoWyvern even though I have spent hours on hours getting, hatching, raising, training this Wyvern. That is ok - I know where to get more.

ye, we leave birds on passive so that they won't chase other players and die in the process. I don't remember ever losing a tame due to dc in the past. This time around, however, I was leveling a ptera in redwood on 'Theisland' map. I fought a bear when I've got suddenly kick off the server from one second to the next. I was able to immediately log in again but by this time it was already too late while I wasn't hurt at all. If my tame just stayed where it was when I dc'ed it would have been fine..

I leave it up to the devs to decide if it is reasonable or not to make flyers auto land if somebody disconnects but I, for once, am simply too exhausted to do the same now again after searching for hours on end for max lvl pteras over the last few days..

Making kibble again, flying around for hours, spyglass, spike walls blablabla... 

• 2 months later...

Another idea would be to have said tame go straight down, similar to if you hit the land key while mounted.

At the very least if you dc, you shouldnt have to cover a large expanse of land to try to find your bird. 

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 0:15 AM, Nowtarfu said:

Recommend not just taming one high level of choice. Always tame multiple so if for some reason, one dies or disappears, then you are not doing with out. 

^ I double recommend this aswell. My friend and I had small armies of both ptera and argy in case one went missing or died. We were working on quetzals but we only got to 3 before we took a break and left the server.

Archived