Introducing the Woolly Rhino!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Dino Dossier

A new Dino Dossier has been revealed, this one is everyone’s favorite mighty beast of burden, the Woolly Rhino!

3C36D3CD64AD2384D32DECEE6BA826E02A3D801F

Common Name: Woolly Rhino
Species: Coelodonta Utiliserro
Time: Late Pliocene - Late Pleistocene
Diet: Herbivore
Temperament: Friendly

Wild

Coelodonta Utiliserro is a friendly herbivore, common to the tundra and grassland regions of the island. It is a large and dangerous creature, though it seems fairly trusting of the fauna around it. Once attacked, Coelodonta charges towards its foe. It builds up momentum as it charges, and depending on its ultimate impact speed, the results can be terrifying. With enough room to charge, it can even skewer the largest creatures in just one single gore!

Despite how powerful Coelodonta are, many tribes still hunt them extensively due to their unique resources. Its horns can be ground into a highly arousing powder, and its thick fur can support many insulating outfits, making the Coelodonta much in demand. Even less advanced tribes use packs to hunt them down, though at significant peril. 

Domesticated

When not being hunted for its horns, Coelodonta makes an excellent beast of burden. Its ability to take on far larger opponents provided sufficient sizeable load capacity, make it a solid addition to any trader party or gathering expedition.

• Tom unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish featured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Lilskittles96 said:

Does Xbox have this dino?

No one has the dino yet, if you go to http://ark.gamepedia.com/Dino_Dossiers then you can see which ones are currently in the game and which aren't. :)

The last one to be added to the PC was Gallimimus, so the next ones for XBOX will be the Dimetrodon and Dung Beetle together, then Gallimimus.

7 minutes ago, Lilskittles96 said:

It looks really cool. I can't wait to tame one ☺ I can't wait to see all the dinos. They all look so cool but I'm limited because of my volcano lol not much space. But I am expanding to a all herbivore island already clearing it.

I agree, I can't wait :) Herbivore mammals are my favourite types in the game!
Many a survivor has taken refuge at herbivore island, AKA "South Haven", including myself and my tribe :) Just watch out for all the Brontos that live there! A lack of predators means their numbers grow like crazy, and you'll find that they have a curious habit of standing on bases and rafts :D If you have a shark, there's a really good underwater cave right nearby for crystal, oil and pearls.

15 hours ago, xopha said:

No one has the dino yet, if you go to http://ark.gamepedia.com/Dino_Dossiers then you can see which ones are currently in the game and which aren't. :)

The last one to be added to the PC was Gallimimus, so the next ones for XBOX will be the Dimetrodon and Dung Beetle together, then Gallimimus.

Actually it's Dung Beetle, Dimetrodon, AND Gallimimus for Xbox's next update ^^^

This is because it will occur after the PC's next update, which gives them Terror Bird, and they want Xbox to stay one step behind PC.

Archived