Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UDGxKnight

Leedsichthys

Ok so, as everyone should know the Leedsichthys is all fleshed out in the dev kit with animations and textures and all that fun stuff so that means we can hopefully expect to see the giant fish soon. So lemme get into what I want to suggest before it even gets added, and I do realize it is a little silly to come up with suggestions for an unreleased creature. So I realize that the dossier states it will be a creature that is not tamable, which I am not sure I 100% agree with, and that you will be able to farm fish meat off of it without killing it, which is cool. Now, it also states that tribes keep some trapped in pens to harvest the meat since you can do so without killing it, which I am curious if it will kill it overtime or not, and that brings up my suggestion dilemma. It sounds like you will just have to straight kite this behemoth into a pen by making it mad, which sounds dangerous as all heck and excessively difficult to pull off. So why not make an easier way to lead this thing into a cage since it is just supposed to be a fish meat buffet anyway. Make a temporary tame that will follow you as long as you have enough food and then trap it, kinda like how the Itchy Dolphins(on purpose) act when they follow you wanting meat from you. I think either with a dolphin follow mechanic or maybe just an easier way to build water pens would be necessary to effectively use this creature. It is strange to me that a creature of its size wouldn't have a brain big enough to be intelligent enough to understand that the hand that feeds it is its friend.

Edit: Also after watching a showcase video of it in the dev kit, it does have taming animations and I am wondering if they already changed their minds

2 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

If it will be tameable, it could end like the Titanosaurus. Staying for just 24 hours and only a few can be in the water at the same time. The problem with "keeping it in a pen for infinite meat" is that it will despawn at some point - if it is untamable.

Yeah see that was my thing also. How can we have a meat farm creature if it despawns if we leave it alone for too long. This reason is why I think they might make it tamable, expecially since it does have animations for getting tranqd and then it waking up tamed and one waking up not tamed. Why would they need one for both? Hmmmmmm

Maybe it's a new mechanic where you have to placate it. The devs have talked about (in a different dossier) that you have to show it attention every once In awhile for it to stay with you.  Maybe you do have to tranq it out to harvest the meat then leave. We will find out soon enough though....

25 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Maybe it's a new mechanic where you have to placate it. The devs have talked about (in a different dossier) that you have to show it attention every once In awhile for it to stay with you.  Maybe you do have to tranq it out to harvest the meat then leave. We will find out soon enough though....

I think the Dino you mean is the Troodon? I think it is at least. Yeah you are right we will find out soon enough since it is all textured and animated and ready to go