ARK: Fear Evolved 2!

Jatheish

32 minutes ago, SatansPegasus said:

I expect lycans to have more then one weakness even in human form but since its known throughout most lore is that lycans are only affected by silver and slowed down by normal ammo it would be nice if they added silver bullets an arrows as the primary way of killing a lycan an other ways to slow an weaken them but not kill them unless you drown them or chop their heads off after all burning dont even affect a lycan not to mention are lycans going to have a super jump, run on all fours have a leaping attack and more i could go on about lycans all night an what i think theyu should an shouldnt be able to do but more weaknesses would be good like narco not been able to kill them but slow an disorientate for so many seconds either giving you time to get the hell out of dodge or giving you time to come up with a plan to capture or kill.

C4 dodo the raptor out of them.....

Or go all evil dead and chainsaw them....

Edited by BigRed1227

Why are you going to implement a flying atomic bomb on a map that's only 6 week old?  Are you trying to get people to quit, or just plain stupid?  Do your servers need fewer players?  Because I can guarantee if our base gets jacked by a dodowyvern, you're going to have about 7-8 fewer players who consistently play your game (though I suspect that's the goal here).  You realize the primary defense for the dodorex is plant x, right?  And you took plant x away from SE.  How on earth do you expect people to defend their bases?  Have you even thought this through?  Do you even care?

The only people who think dodorexes and dodowyverns are cool are those living in thatch huts or trolling servers on a boat.  They're counter-intuitive for the far majority of players and you should really re-think your policy on implementing these wreckless nuclear bombs every little chance you get.  

Really getting fed up with the poor decision making choices made by the WC dev team.  Shouldn't you guys be focused on getting this game out of "alpha" anyway instead of releasing new maps and paid DLC?

5 minutes ago, z3rrax said:

Why are you going to implement a flying atomic bomb on a map that's only 6 week old?  Are you trying to get people to quit, or just plain stupid?  Do your servers need fewer players?  Because I can guarantee if our base gets jacked by a dodowyvern, you're going to have about 7-8 fewer players consistently playing your game (though I suspect that's the goal here).  You realize the primary defense for the dodorex is plant x, right?  And you took plant x away from SE.  How on earth do you expect people to defend their bases?  Have you even thought this through?  Do you even care?

The only people who think dodorexes and dodowyverns are cool are those living in thatch huts or trolling servers on a boat.  They're counter-intuitive for the far majority of players and you should really re-think your policy on implementing these wreckless nuclear bombs every little chance you get.  

Really getting fed up with the poor decision making choices made by the WC dev team.  Shouldn't you guys be focused on getting this game out of "alpha" anyway instead of releasing new maps and paid DLC?

I think you need to chill, if you want to avoid the dodwyvern then don't play during fear evolved 2, or if you want to play back up the server BEFORE the dodwyvern spawns

5 minutes ago, Ike24 said:

I think you need to chill, if you want to avoid the dodwyvern then don't play during fear evolved 2, or if you want to play back up the server BEFORE the dodwyvern spawns

Is this a serious reply, or 10/10 troll?

Incase you're being serious, players cannot just "back up" official servers.  I also can't choose to just "not play" because servers are online 24/7 (Well, they're supposed to be anyway).

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will DDOS my server for the entire event.

Only people who will enjoy this are people who piddle around in God mode on single player/private servers that don't take the metagame seriously and trolls who are going to be using character transfer to kite these into Wildcard's dedicated player's bases, JUST like the Dodorex, but now  you gave it wings. Now we're going to have to work 6 hour shifts and work around the clock on timers for 10 days to keep our base from getting wrecked (over 10 days there will be 240 dodowyvern spawns, since I started playing Ark the hollidays just aren't the same =( ).

Are most Wildcard devleopers voting for Hillary and her nuclear war with Russia? Cause releasing this atom bomb into the metagame (yes, tribes actually compete with eachother)  and putting this much power into the hands of newbson official servers shows TERRIBLE judgement. I mean HUGE mistake, TREMENDOUS, do you think UFC randomly making fighters fight a 700 lb silverback gorilla for holliday events would inspire them to participate in that sport too?

Amen Bleakwise.

What makes things even worse is there are very clear blatant bugs on Scorched Earth that they've been aware of since the map was released and they still have not fixed them (Would literally take them about 45 seconds to fix the mantis egg problem, but for some unearthly reason they just refuse to do), however; they have plenty of time to bloat more content into the game all in the name of a "Holiday Event."

This new generation of game designers truly makes me sick.  Nothing but a bunch of content programmers willy nilly releasing content as they please while sleeping till 1pm and extending artificial deadlines at their discretion.  These clowns wouldn't last ONE DAY back when creating games actually took talent, dedication, actual CODING SKILLS, and meeting a deadline.

Procedural Generated ARKs would be way more awesome if when generating an ARK, the server owner could choose (through a config file or something) the priority of each biome, allowing server owners to mix and match what biomes they want on their map.

E.g.

Snow = 0.1

Oasis = 0.1

DesertMountains = 0.1

WorldScar = 0.1

Dunes = 0.1

Canyons = 0.1

HighDesert = 0.0

LowDesert = 0.0

Redwoods = 0.1

Swamp = 0.1

Ocean = 0.1

Basically It'd have a value for each biome and the priority of it with the sum needing to add up to 1. Each value would be the percentage of the map that would be that biome

13 hours ago, z3rrax said:

Why are you going to implement a flying atomic bomb on a map that's only 6 week old?  Are you trying to get people to quit, or just plain stupid?  Do your servers need fewer players?  Because I can guarantee if our base gets jacked by a dodowyvern, you're going to have about 7-8 fewer players who consistently play your game (though I suspect that's the goal here).  You realize the primary defense for the dodorex is plant x, right?  And you took plant x away from SE.  How on earth do you expect people to defend their bases?  Have you even thought this through?  Do you even care?

Smoke a blunt an mellow out you do realize you can transfer species x to se by way of those big floating arks right.

19 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

I expect lycans to have more then one weakness even in human form but since its known throughout most lore is that lycans are only affected by silver and slowed down by normal ammo it would be nice if they added silver bullets an arrows as the primary way of killing a lycan an other ways to slow an weaken them but not kill them unless you drown them or chop their heads off after all burning dont even affect a lycan not to mention are lycans going to have a super jump, run on all fours have a leaping attack and more i could go on about lycans all night an what i think theyu should an shouldnt be able to do but more weaknesses would be good like narco not been able to kill them but slow an disorientate for so many seconds either giving you time to get the hell out of dodge or giving you time to come up with a plan to capture or kill.

kk

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, mleii said:

Pretty sure you're getting trolled or else the reading comprehension here on the forums is far worse than I notice it to be.  LOL  But you're much nicer than I would be. :)

I actually went on the fact the post was immediately after mine, as in seconds, so he could have easily been responding when I posted. But I have a lengthy tether lol.

39 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

You cannot transfer anything to SE besides your naked body, at least on official servers.

Thats weird then cause on single player as i assumed it would be the same on official ive not only transferred wyverns to the center an island but i've also transferred items.

Maybe it was a glitch been able to transfer items but it did work but i will say that after the 743 patch the items like the whip did become un usable.

Also with the procedural worlds will the caves stand out like some do on the island or will they be hidden.

Edited by SatansPegasus

17 hours ago, z3rrax said:

It is great to have events and on such a young map. Keeps thing exciting and challenging. Some people thought the way you do now when the fear Evolved was coming last year. Oh-no, my base will be gone. Oh-No, I will lose everything. This is not an extinction event. So calm down.

I think the dodoRex and DodoWyvern are cool and I do not live in a thatch hut or troll servers. The statement of "Only Players" and "Majority of players" carries no weight, especially when making a personal opinion. I play on an unofficial server with only minor changes to default (nothing big at all - still need to grind and wait on long tames, etc). I am preparing now to take the fight to these creatures. Will I lose tames? Yes, but that is part of the game. I am looking forward to this event. 

If you are fed up or disagree to how the game is going as well as make threats of leaving (including deciding for your friends to leave), then now would be a good time to load up your dinos and go bye bye. But you won't leave. In the extremely rare chance that you would leave, you will be back. I don't care either way.

I seen players complain last year before events (all events) but then after the events, hmmm, attitudes changed. Guess they realized that they were actually fun and different. 

Have a great day.