Spay and Neuter options?

Rancor

Just now, Paroxyde said:

Imagine you are a breeder tribe and breed uber dinos that took 12 generations or more. Would you sell it without neutering it, so that they can just make uber babies without efforts?

Good point.  I like just having this option I think its funny.  Like Bob Barker use to say don't forget to spay and neuter your pets.

Essentially it's to allow Dino Breeders to stay in control of their Bloodlines, and to encourage trading. If you work really hard on a high tier dino and then trade it, you'll likely never have business from that person again because they can now breed it themselves. But, if you spay/neuter it, they have a reason to come back to you for additional trading, knowing that you're the only one who has control of that Bloodline.

No, I understand it. Its just something i've never seen on Official PvP servers or probably ever will. Breeding is exhausting and sleep depriving on official rates as it let alone doing it for several blood lines. Hence why I didn't understand the need for the option. 

I've bought a few tames, mostly on S.E. only after being griefed, and maybe a couple eggs on the island but nothing anyone has put in many generations for. 

The thing about being a Breeder is that you can potentially leverage a ton of benefits from it if you play your cards right. People will pay through the nose to buy Quality Progeny rather than have to go through all that breeding mess themselves. You could also barter with tribes to help defend/secure your breeding operations by giving them free Offspring or Eggs on occasion... That sort of thing. It's under-utilized I think.

Well, it's not common, but breeder tribe do exist. I used to be in Horzine Biotech, a breeder tribe on an official. We tried to get 120s with the purest stat possible and breed serveral generation to get the purest stat on the offspring and we would give away those who didn't meet our exigences against protection/ressources and kept the good ones for more breeding. We would also take 120s from other tribe to breed and give them the first born as compensation.

10 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Who knows, it may even have something to do with dino mutations.

Yes this is what I was thinking as well which in turn will help those Tribes that are breeding Dinos.  It will stop any accidental oppps within the Breeding programme and stop lines from going in a direction you dont want it.

Allow you to set the dinos on wandering without ending up with tons of eggs and dead babies all over the place?
Would like to have some of mine roam in their pens as it looks neater than just having them all standing still like stuffed animals.....

Though they gotta fix the glitch through walls that hasn't loaded yet thingy first then.....

I was so excited to see that pop up in the patch notes, for sure. It promotes economy through breeding. I know I'm not the only one who breeds very nice animals but until now had no way to sell them without avoiding other people profiting from my hard work. Even if you only breed for stats (I do color morphs with high stats), because of the RNG it can still take weeks of work, and nothing sours one faster on sharing than selling one animal and immediately losing all profits because that person can now breed clones of your animals, sell them, etc. Especially since there's been no checks on inbreeding until now, either. The only defense breeders had was to only sell female animals due to their cooldown timers, which only slows down the speed at which a good animal can be replicated.

Another thing I would love to see is dinos with rare traits. Like colors or patterns, or perhaps more significant differences likes more spikes, different shaped horns, additional armor/plates. They don't have to be huge, just meaningful and desirable in small ways. This would add even more depth to breeding and make hunting for specific dinos more interesting.

Plus, assuming that the Tek Tier DNA Recombination Chamber allows you to change colors of dinos and such... I'd love to see players required to capture wild dinos with specific pigments or traits (perhaps multiple with the same trait) in order to unlock those traits for recombination.

There's so much potential for depth and fun in breeding.

6 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Worth it lmao. Ever had a dog in heat? Not something I would like to repeat lmao.

Actually yes. I do have a female dog. She is 5 years old, and unaltered. Part of her life cycle that I accepted when I got her. I watch her extremely closely when she is in heat and she never is outside alone. Even when out of heat. Keep her away from other dogs when in heat and no oops litters.

3 hours ago, Jamagh said:

Actually yes. I do have a female dog. She is 5 years old, and unaltered. Part of her life cycle that I accepted when I got her. I watch her extremely closely when she is in heat and she never is outside alone. Even when out of heat. Keep her away from other dogs when in heat and no oops litters.

I had to do it to my baby. Do not want to lose her to nasty cancers and uterine infections.

4 hours ago, Scorpio said:

It's actually extremely unhealthy to do to reptiles and there is a good chance they'll die

I did not know that. With mammals you want to spay them just because of the cancer and other infections that claim lives.

Archived