Scorched earth 690 abuse

Defence1

13 hours ago, mronemanmob said:

I think it would inspire people to try harder, instead of giving up.

Oh it would, the problem is that it would cause so much more griefing. Most people believe it's much easier in this game to knock your opponent don't than it is to build yourself up. So we would end up with a bunch of people targeting whoever they thought was highest on the map so they would have a better shot at getting the server named after them.

18 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Oh it would, the problem is that it would cause so much more griefing. Most people believe it's much easier in this game to knock your opponent don't than it is to build yourself up. So we would end up with a bunch of people targeting whoever they thought was highest on the map so they would have a better shot at getting the server named after them.

Its already so that you are target every time... its unplayable on pvp when every big alpha tribe makes all two too three days his round and kill all New people and dinos...

4 hours ago, Defence1 said:

Its already so that you are target every time... its unplayable on pvp when every big alpha tribe makes all two too three days his round and kill all New people and dinos...

I get that, that's why I suggested an immunity period for new players..... What I don't get is why giving people another reason to want to be on top would make them stop killing new people.

5 hours ago, madfretter said:

exactly

3 minutes ago, madfretter said:

the problem is at some point the person on top is you.  I get what youre trying to say, to have everyone get together to target the alpha tribe and hopefully knock them out... But it won't stop when a good tribe gets on top.

Well when an fair Good tribe get on top, an tribe cares for the server it will stop when they take out the griefers. ...

27 minutes ago, Defence1 said:

Well when an fair Good tribe get on top, an tribe cares for the server it will stop when they take out the griefers. ...

18 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

Yeah but the people on top do want a challenge so I think it would work out for both ends.

in a perfect world yes..... but in Ark, not so much.

On 10/9/2016 at 2:41 PM, GEonWAR said:

PvP has no rule, if you have power and strength then rule the ARK 

and this ladys and gents is why ark official PVP servers suck

no offline raid proection

nothing to prevents players from keeping other players locked up indefinitely.

locking players out of resources permanently.

or spawn camping them to prevent them from spawning and taming most the time is not even worth it since it will most likely be dead the next day.

it encourages having no life and discourages us who actually work for a living.

the reason most other multiplayer games are fun is because THERES RULES and balancing.

i would say single player is the solution but the games horribly balanced for single player

(even tho there SHOULD be a diffrence in single player and multiplayer as single player its just you.

54 minutes ago, Defence1 said:

Yeah. .. wait for the Day the wyvern army Come to our classic server.....

We've actually been talking about going to a pvp server to raise wyverns and bring them to our old pvp island server... Theres a tribe of tools  there that runs it that  we'd love to wipe... They do annoying stuff like fly the map smash out expired glass for no reason...  One of our tribe still plays there and has kept up our base, but they're getting too much to handle for her so shes coming to PVE. It took us about 2 weeks to get stable and raise dragons, maybe a little longer on PVP....  Theres a smaller tribe there thats been getting squashed by these guys... So what were thinking is to raise the dragons on the scorch, bring them there to wipe that tribe and then give the base to the smaller tribe.

56 minutes ago, hazarddex said:

and this ladys and gents is why ark official PVP servers suck

no offline raid proection

nothing to prevents players from keeping other players locked up indefinitely.

locking players out of resources permanently.

or spawn camping them to prevent them from spawning and taming most the time is not even worth it since it will most likely be dead the next day.

it encourages having no life and discourages us who actually work for a living.

the reason most other multiplayer games are fun is because THERES RULES and balancing.

That's the G.I.F.T. for you. Until WC pulls its head out of the sand and starts enforcing a code of player conduct, sociopathic alpha tribes will keep doing all of these things, and the official servers will eventually all go dark.

Stuff like this is the fastest way for a good game to go away. I get why WC dose not want to get in to what goes on in the servers. But if people group up drive everyone away. Then all you have are a few groups that will get bored and stop playing. There always need to be some kind of balance on stuff like that. Or the game will crash and burn over time. 

WC is too busy finishing the game and dealing with the fallout of that lawsuit they were hit with, if I had to guess. They don't have the manpower to enforce any sort of player conduct on the official servers, or worse, the conspiracy theorists are right and they're treating the EA period like a social experiment, seeing just how awful people are willing to be to stay on top.

One Good idea is, to searching for some reliable people in the Player base, and Grant them some rights.  I am sure there are a Lot of like to help with the server Administration. So wildcard have no Costs but Better managed servers. I run an minecraft server too and dont have time every day too look About so I choose an team. .. this in an similar way should wildcard do.....

Few things:

Enforcing a code of conduct would be unreasonably difficult and ineffective.

Wyverns will be on your Island and Center maps very soon, if they're not there already. In fact: they're there already, you just may not know about it. 

There is no "win condition" in this game (PvP). If your self-imposed goal is to play on a PvP server like it's a PvE server, then I might suggest you poke around until you find a server with decent alphas. They exist. If your goal is to play PvP as if its PvP, and you get continuously wiped by larger tribes, then you lost, should leave the server, and if you can't leave the server, you should start a new character on a different server. I'm not being mean, this is just the reality. It really-really sucks to be a peaceful tribe and then get targeted by griefers or high-level tribes. I know. But you selected PvP and since there is no win condition, every tribe gets to decide what they think "winning" is.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2016 at 9:04 AM, Defence1 said:

Hi together.  On scorched earth 690 is an chinese tribe, block Put all ressources and when you get managed to tame an dino they Come and kill. The Same happen to us at other scorched earth server. There is an game Tester on the server too standing in contact with support - but the admins there do nothing. In this state scorched earth is simply unplayable because you cant do there anything. So wildcard guys i give you now 7 days to get managed that players New to scorched earth can play on scorched earth Servers too - if nothing happen me and all my friends will Report scorched earth as unplayable to steam ( it is for us unplayable ) and make an refund for the scorched earth dlc. I know it is an pvp server. But block all and kill every New players is Not pvp. Its simply a shame for the admins Not to block this behaviour.

With best regards

If you're on a server with an asshole alpha, then transfer to a different server. If everyone would do that, then they would find themselves being the alpha of jack poop because they'd be the only ones on that server. I don't understand why players subject themselves to this asinine behavior when they don't have to. If they wiped you out, then you can bet they will do it again once you build yourself back up.

They want to harass players and just be sausages about it? Great. Just leave them behind to rule an empty server. What good is being the alpha tribe if you're the only tribe on the server?

If everyone would do this, then we'd probably see a dramatic drop in this type of garbage play style.

Archived