Tribe Log - seeing who broke into a building

Charlie12345

Hi there,

A few weeks back I noticed an update to the tribe log where you can see who broke into your building (e.g. Your thatch door was broken by Joe Bloggs [Tribename])

Last night I was raided twice and while the tribe log (on xbox) shows that a door was broken it is not saying who.

Does anyone know if this is a bug?

Charlie

It was an update they made. Tribe log no longer tells who broke things, you only get a generic notice saying it was broken. Personally, if they're not going to tell us who broke it, I'd rather not have it taking up space in the tribe log at all. I consider it essentially useless now, since I can perfectly well see that my stuff is broken, and it doesn't give me any info about who to go after for revenge.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Charlie12345 said:

What an annoying update... simply means I need to tame dodos for my base.. but lower levels may not realise that.

Yes it was a change they made to official servers. It can be turned back on for player dedis if the admin wishes.

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Yes it was a change they made to official servers. It can be turned back on for player dedis if the admin wishes.

What was the extend of the change on official servers?

Do you see what dino/tribe broke walls/doors? Do you see what dino/tribe broke chests? Does this mean raiding is invisible unless you kill dinos?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

What was the extend of the change on official servers?

Do you see what dino/tribe broke walls/doors? Do you see what dino/tribe broke chests? Does this mean raiding is invisible unless you kill dinos?

Without having seen it in action myself, the logs are back to the way they used to be. The names of the person/tribes damaging structures are gone. They should still log the names when they kill dinos.

I didn't really like the feature personally. It was basically punishing someone for stealth raiding me. After they break my door, might as well kill all my tames cause their name is in my log now. I like stealth raiding, it's fun and less destructive. Half the fun of PvP is trying to convince someone you haven't been slowly ensuring their demise.

If someone kicks in your door unless they left a note you dont know who did it. I think its is a good thing it creates a good environment for pvp. If you know who kicks in every little door there will be no raiding. And sure that sounds like a nice server but wait till you get on a server that is so peaceful you can leave your gates and doors open. You will beg for someone to attack something.

I am kind of 50/50 with this changed back. I DO like the idea of stealth raiding and get the point about in real life you won't know who broke your door down but, if someone were to bang on my door or blow up a wall while I was "asleep" (as you are in game) I would definitely wake up and be able to see who did it and/or stop them.

This is why I think we need some kind of "surveillance" items to notify in tribe log of things that have happened. This would give some kind of "risk" to offline raiding as you may not know if they have the surveillance item to tell them who did it.

2 minutes ago, Sn1per0 said:

I am kind of 50/50 with this changed back. I DO like the idea of stealth raiding and get the point about in real life you won't know who broke your door down but, if someone were to bang on my door or blow up a wall while I was "asleep" (as you are in game) I would definitely wake up and be able to see who did it and/or stop them.

This is why I think we need some kind of "surveillance" items to notify in tribe log of things that have happened. This would give some kind of "risk" to offline raiding as you may not know if they have the surveillance item to tell them who did it.

alarm traps

5 minutes ago, Sn1per0 said:

Alarm traps are not the same if you have ever used them. Super easy to spot and avoid where as lets say a "camera" system can spot enemies in the area not just if they trip the alarm.

You also get an alert that can be set up to be sent to your phone that tells you someone is in your base. I played primitive servers in my time on ark. So my thought process goes to primitive when I think of this game. It's already so geared toward tech that you guys forget some of the more basic things. Those of us who played primitive had to make do with what we had.

4 minutes ago, fultron3030 said:

You also get an alert that can be set up to be sent to your phone that tells you someone is in your base. I played primitive servers in my time on ark. So my thought process goes to primitive when I think of this game. It's already so geared toward tech that you guys forget some of the more basic things. Those of us who played primitive had to make do with what we had.

I know all about how the system works but still doesn't make it any less noticeable and easily avoidable where as lets say a camera would have a radius of lets say 180 degrees with a 10 foundation range. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Thalantyr said:

Not having used alarm traps, do they register who the player is by name in logs? or do you just get a log saying someone was there?

Can you also really get a message to your phone from ARK?

I believe the message is sent as a message to you on your survivetheark.com account. That in turn can notify you by phone.  

Only on PC though. It's not available on Xbox. 

Archived