What's the most useless creature in your opinion?

SatansPegasus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the giga,

you cant use it in boss fights and it loves to kill you or tribe members or even worst yet your own dinos. its eggs are only for taming ovi's and regardless of the level you find it at it always tames at the same health and only seems to have a diff in the attack.

100% junk and they keep hitting it with nerf after nerf to make it even worst.

I find the phomia extremely useful, especially for getting quick poop and pumping up your dungbeetles. It's also extremely useful for getting meat off of them. Early game is nice when you need raw meat and you bola one.

My opinion on the most useless creature would be the kangaroo, but I've never tamed/rode one. Just assuming it's not very useful. 

I find that mostly every dino has somewhat of a use, either for hide, utility, meat, certain harvestable resource or good at early/late game.

Carno...why..just why?

If you have the time to gather the eggs for it to kibble tame then you have the time to do a trex.

If you have the time to non kibble tame(prime meat or reg meat) it then you have the time to tame a trex.

I dont get....what? whhhhhhhhhy is it even in our game. Its not even a middle grade tame for newish to mid experienced players. 

Carno@120

280 10:30:01  698

Trex@120

429 14:18:00  1,817

Ooooooooooo 4 hours more for a rex.

Also kibble info...is just effing laughable.

Scorp to tame @lvl 4

18 00:18:00  5

Anky@lvl4

Mejoberry
120 01:48:05  38

OOOOOOOOR

Dilo tames@lvl4 to get dilo eggs to make dilo kibble.

11 00:06:07  1

x2 for male and female.

Kibble to tame lvl 4 anky.

9 00:21:37

Geeeee, that makes sense.

I am going to say Galli. We tamed a few back when they came out. Barely had enough weight for one person to ride it. Let alone three. It turns so horribly making it hard to park it in the barn. Does not attack... unless you steal a wild ones egg. Plus they are ugly. Eggs are useful though.

Another dino I can't stand is the terrible bird. Again, the weight is bad. It does everything a raptor does... only just slightly better. The glide thing they do is... meh. Never bothered riding one due to it just not being very great. Eggs are... useful i guess. Forget what they are used for.

Dunky. Oh man that thing.... I love the look of it. Yes great looking fish. One of my favorite prehistoric fish, wish they were still around. But.... slow. So slow. It took me forever to find oil rocks and I gave up after spending 30 minutes in the water. When I realized I had not gone very far... and I came back with less oil than I would have gotten from the dung beetles or taking a pick to the snow biome, I parked it in the pen and forgot about it. Alone with all the other water creatures.

The ant. Bane of my existence. And my friends. Always seem to come out of nowhere. Look around. you will not see any, go to mine or chop wood. Or... whatever, there will be a swarm of these annoying super angry death bugs ruining your picnic. Good for chitin? If you are on foot it is hard to hit them in the right spot to get... one chitin. That is if the body does not fly off and land somewhere and you lose track of it when killing its friends.

That brings us to the titanoboa. Giant snake that seems to only do one thing. Show up and ruin your tame.  Sure it drops eggs... that are used to tame two things. the ape, which is useful for fiber, and the dunky. Which is useful for.... *shrugs*. Slowly getting somewhere. Oh... and the eggs are useless on the Scorched Earth map. These things were supposed to be tamable back last late October or November. But for some reason that was abandoned/moved back. Most likely due to pvp.

The spider and bat. I tamed a spider. I wanted something to have that was weird and different for running around the base. Weird yes. Different? Oh yeah. I could not stand looking at it. It was like waking up next to someone the next morning after a bad night drinking and thinking... What was I thinking last night?! Not even a bag over the head would improve this thing. Slow as can be... it was like a dunky on land. Weak, a dilo almost killed it. And I had to pump several levels into weight to get it able to be ridden. And that was with just basic gear on the character.

As for the bat? Never tamed one. Stupid things fly all over the place getting in the way, or going to the roof of the cave and then just sitting there. Mocking you because you can't hit it with the dino you are on. Or glitch into walls and... sit there mocking you. Their favorite tactic seems to be fly around in circles stay juuuust out of range for either of you to get a hit on each other.... followed by getting bored and hanging out on the ceiling.

Diplo. I swear I hear it say thank you whenever I kill one in game. It is almost like it is glad that it's sad miserable existence is finally over. It has an attack, but it does no damage. The gallies have speed to get away. The female deer, also run away. This poor creature only wants to be put out of it's misery. Sadly... it does it in such a way that it prolongs it's suffering.

Mesopithicus. Living backpack nice. Until you get a tribe emmber that goes bonkers taming every single one he can find... and putting them in a room above the crafting area. Hoo HAH! fart fart hahaha HOO HA HA fart HA! Yeah... stand there listening to that for 2 hours.Add to the fact that anything... even a butterfly can spook them and make them run off to drown.. or feed the pirhana, makes this one of the most useless things ever.

What will be the next useless creatures? Only time will tell. But i do look forward to seeing them.

14 minutes ago, Jamagh said:

Diplo. I swear I hear it say thank you whenever I kill one in game. It is almost like it is glad that it's sad miserable existence is finally over. It has an attack, but it does no damage. The gallies have speed to get away. The female deer, also run away. This poor creature only wants to be put out of it's misery. Sadly... it does it in such a way that it prolongs it's suffering.

I LOL'd 

Haha, yeah the Diplo has a pretty sad existence. When I'm flying around and I see one trying to prod away a pack of Dilo's or Raptors I'll kill them off out of pity (or if the Diplo is too badly damaged I'll kill it myself for a bit of prime!). It's just such a stupid idea not to have any kind of attack, I mean look at the size of the damn thing! It doesn't even run away, making use of the decent speed and stamina it has. Really, really needs another going over when they look at the dino's again in beta.

I think more or less every creature has a use at some stage of the game. I mean now I'm level 90 and have good level tames of pretty much everything I don't use the Trikes, Parasaurs, Carno's etc that I tamed early on so they're fairly useless to me right now, but they did have a use at some point in time.

Diplo and the Frog.

I never understood why the devs stated that its trying to hug you whenever it aggro's. I refuse to believe that a wild diplo hugs the countless of carnos & terrorbirds that are attacking them in the Redwood. I feel like they should make it do some slight damage or make use of its speed and make it flee like parasaurs do. So besides being used as egg-layers theyre pretty useless in my eyes.

The frog used be good for gathering cementing paste, but theres no necessity for them now that there are beaver dams everywhere.

Well I will say that most of what was said at least produces eggs so you can tame something which makes them sort of useful.  The Mesopithicus while cute does really nothing, it flings poo which does hardly any damage.  Its just for fun to tame one up.  To me that is the most useless as there is no use for one to have.  Now if they added a buff etc that would be nice and make it worthwhile.

Each dinosaur has some sort of a purpose. The Phiomia may seem useless, but it gives a TON of meat, hide, poop, and fat (Primitive+) - all useful things. The other dinos may seem slow or weak (low weight), so level the corresponding stat. If anything, they make for an amazing landscape, something to look at and watch. And yes, the ants have a tendency to make me jump EVERY TIME I get attacked... ninjas.

Phiomia is actually a must have. Show me how you fil those 18 dung bettles with poop without them?

Paracer is very useful in SE as it is the only Platform Dino. It is also useful on The Island as a meat wagon. I have mine equiped with 6 Grills, put it on follow on the Giga. Lets you harvest and grill tons of meat and you never get stuck in it.

1 hour ago, sal said:

Phiomia is actually a must have. Show me how you fil those 18 dung bettles with poop without them?

Paracer is very useful in SE as it is the only Platform Dino. It is also useful on The Island as a meat wagon. I have mine equiped with 6 Grills, put it on follow on the Giga. Lets you harvest and grill tons of meat and you never get stuck in it.

When you've got a fairly large set of tames (at one base we have 4x Rex, 2x Giga, 3x Bronto's and 2x Diplo's for example), one thing you're never short of is poop

12 minutes ago, Quetzal said:

When you've got a fairly large set of tames (at one base we have 4x Rex, 2x Giga, 3x Bronto's and 2x Diplo's for example), one thing you're never short of is 

Boy you are wrong all my dung beetles have 28 weight +.

They take about 3-4 rows of medium feces. Good luck colleting them, thats not even funny anymore, its not about the amount of dinos you have its about the time it takes. Picking 2-3k stim berries from the green house and feeding it to pigs is very fast compared to that. (Edit: you need a fast click macro=)

6 hours ago, Jamagh said:

That brings us to the titanoboa. Giant snake that seems to only do one thing. Show up and ruin your tame.  Sure it drops eggs... that are used to tame two things. the ape, which is useful for fiber, and the dunky. Which is useful for.... *shrugs*. Slowly getting somewhere. Oh... and the eggs are useless on the Scorched Earth map. These things were supposed to be tamable back last late October or November. But for some reason that was abandoned/moved back. Most likely due to pvp.

Well... guess what's happening this Terror Evolved 

19 minutes ago, ehuhoser said:

However fertilizer does not weigh much or could be I always have a lot of weight ..

It weights next to nothing but due to the slot limitation dinos cannot hold more than 300 of them (same goes for you).

But compare 300 to the 75 of a storage box. The small ape needs nearly no space at all. And you can carry it with you. All that makes them perfect for the job. You could use compies or dimorphdons but i aranged those for egg collecting...

Just now, sal said:

It weights next to nothing but due to the slot limitation dinos cannot hold more than 300 of them (same goes for you).

But compare 300 to the 75 of a storage box. The small ape needs nearly no space at all. And you can carry it with you. All that makes them perfect for the job. You could use compies or dimorphdons but i aranged those for egg collecting...

true

9 hours ago, Colbeh said:

I find the phomia extremely useful, especially for getting quick poop and pumping up your dungbeetles. It's also extremely useful for getting meat off of them. Early game is nice when you need raw meat and you bola one.

My opinion on the most useless creature would be the kangaroo, but I've never tamed/rode one. Just assuming it's not very useful. 

I find that mostly every dino has somewhat of a use, either for hide, utility, meat, certain harvestable resource or good at early/late game.

As a mount i like the Roo its fast and can leap the rivers an even a few gaps between islands if you pump its stats right but besides that an been able to carry someone in the pouch it can be pretty useless.

3 hours ago, sal said:

Speaking of dung beetle i dont know if im doing anything wrong but mine only seem to work once i'll put dung on them an let them wander for a few hours come back take the oil an fert off an repeat process just for nothing to happen it's as if they dont like trex crap.

7 hours ago, Chronosphere said:

paracer and the paracausrs weak and useless. deod also is kinda useless when u gothigh level anky. why farm stone when u can farm metal 

Paracer weak and useless? We use them to tame rock elementals due to high hp pool, decent move speed, and stam consumption. They are great for storage as well.

Parasaur on the other hand is straight garbage.

Archived