ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

On 05/10/2016 at 10:00 AM, SonnySynth said:

After spending over 3000 hours playing Ark on PC here are a few things I would like to see implemented;

1. An option to toggle snapping of pipes and cables to foundations when placing them similar to pressing "E" when placing walls etc. Snap points for them to be the four corners and center of a foundation.
  2. Crafting - item quality is in some way relative to your crafting speed and renaming it to Crafting Ability. Something like; CraftingAbility + Z=CraftQuality, Z being a random number between 1 & 100. Divide the CraftQuality by 100 and round down to the nearest whole number. The result should yield a number that can be used as <quality> is used in the command GiveItem and would scale: Every level you spend in "crafting" you gain a 0-10% chance of a higher item quality, every 10 levels spent would ensure the next tier of quality: 0-9 levels = Primitive, 10-19 = Ramshackle, 20-29 = Rare, 30-39 = Epic, 40-49 = Mastercraft, 50-59 = Ascendant and 60 levels = 100% Ascendant.
  3. Points 3,4 and 5 below are how I would like to realize the self repopulating Ark of the future.
  4. A tiny chance on spawn, wild female "gestation" dino's can be pregnant by an "unknown" father, allowing for a randomized level and stats for the father genes.
  5. A tiny chance instead of spawning an adult, wild female egg laying dino's drop fertilized eggs following the same conditions as gestation dino's regarding fatherhood. Upon laying the egg they set themselves to "follow, distance lowest" on the egg until it hatches.
  6. Babies when hatched/born set themselves to follow their nearest parent until imprinted. Whilst following a parent this way they feed from the parents food stat and reduce said parents movement speed. After all, this is how nature does it and would make breeding larger animals more appealing giving survivors more time to imprint instead of the baby dying of starvation.This will also increase the mothers chance of starving with her young punishing negligent survivors.
  7. Tamable (no riding) Boa's.
  8. Water Dino, Frog and Scorpion breeding.

As for Dino suggestions, sorry but I am spoiled for choice but here are my top 5:

1. Hypolagus - A prehistoric bunny.
  2. Synthetoceras - A North American deer from the Miocene period.
  3. Aepycamelus - An early mammal that resembles both a camel and a giraffe.
  4. Enhydriodon - Dubbed the monster otter, loves to eat crustaceans.
  5.  Keuppia - A carnivorous cephalopod from the Cretaceous period. Ark needs a giant octopus.

Well that is it for now, keep the good work going devs you are doing a storming job.

8 is coming, its in every patch not, "amphibian mating life cycle"

2 is coming (initial trial) v248

7 is coming fear evolved 2 5 October 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you guys be updating any models? Legacy animals like the Rex and the Saber don't look as neat as some of the newer animals like the Allosaurus. 

Do you guys think it'd be possible to have the weapons of a player buffed while they're riding a Pachy? Sort of an allusion to the Pachy being a good mounted battle mount. They do kinda need some love. 

So I think it's cool you're helping stealth raids. Any more plans for it? Perhaps players prone or crouched won't have their information revealed after killing a target? 

Good grief have I got a short list for this! A while back a way to freeze a baby as a baby was mentioned for Tek tier. Will this still be coming and if yes, will this be a way to draw out imprint times to make it less punishing for advanced tribes? For example, can I put the Quetz I'm imprinting in stasis until I can log in again?

Then some TLC questions:

When will water veins/wells in PvE be usable with pipes?

Any chance to get a toggle in the radial menu of a Wyvern to switch special and alt fire and have their controls line up with other flyers? (C for special, Alt for pick-up)

Would implementation of a way to switch chat view to tribe-only, local-only, and local+tribe-only be possible as a means to filter out global?

Are there plans to fix the exploit involving Wyvern milk having no expiration timer when stored in the Obelisks?

What creature would I most like to see? That would have to be Sinoconodon - I think it could be an interesting addition to the Redwoods.

With the reversal of structure destruction showing up in tribe logs, will we see trip wire and bear trap showing up in tribe log on xbox, I am aware that steam has that email alert function but xbox does not.

Perhaps some specific structures we can place down that will trigger in tribe logs? Like plant y traps or some new item?

Some people have mentioned the idea of more efficient energy networks with generators that turn back off once power is restored.  This would be great with the wind turbines! Something else that could be interesting with this is some kind of battery that stores energy. Someone else mentioned this as well, but with the addition of the chainsaw I am excited to see if you guys decide to add some kind of drill as well!

I have also been having problems with those dang titanomyra drones and with the addition of more bugs I wish I had a big bug zapper! 

Since you created the cluster servers would you guys be willing to add a setting allowing Dinos, Items, etc to be downloaded across all maps if desired?

Dino Ideas:

A Dino that can be used as a portable primitive Chemistry Bench. A little more efficient than the Mortar & Pestal, but not as much as a Chemistry Bench.  Similar to the Beaver & Thorny Dragon Smithy mounts.  This would be extremely helpful in SE with making clay and cementing paste at earlier levels without always running back to your Mortar & Pestal.

Similarly, a Dino that could be used as a Primitive Grinder, not as effective but portable.

Both of these could be based on Dinos that use their jaws and strong teeth to actually do the grinding & mixing, something like a smaller sauropod or a hadrosaur. 

Sorry this was a longer one, Thanks as always for hearing our feedback and ideas! 

What was the most important weapon in human history? The fire, without it we would not be where we are. It is much older than we think.

PiqOO55.jpg

We all know the effect of flamethrowers in the First World War.

2dV07W3.jpg

My question is, can this artwork become reality?

LByVAFE.jpg

Can we build homemade Flamethrower on ARK?

(I have Scorched Earth, but I want to see it in main game)

Can we have a "vehicle-platform" with wheels (and rope to attach to dinos)?

Objects to build:
+ Simple wheels connected to pipes (wood / stone / metal)

n7mwkY8.png
+ Platform (like dinos / balsa)
+ String (to attach to saddles or other vehicle-platform)

- Wooden vehicle weighs less, so it is faster, but hold less weight and have lower resistance.
- Stone, is an intermediate vehicle.
- Metal, weighs more so it is slower, but holds more weight and has more resistance.

Build the wheels, put them together with pipes, add a platform, build an extra mini-base that can take almost any dino! (Not just the big platforms for giant dinos). It can also be used to create a portable cage! Very useful for exchanging people / creatures kidnapped with other tribes!

Use the strings to attach vechicle platform to a dino saddle or another vehicle-platform (Let's do a little train!)

It would be great to have some kind of bait to put inside and catch inside non-tameable creatures. It would be great to have Tytanomirmas at home for the invaders. Or, take my creatures live food. Can we have a bait to attract insects? Perhaps honey?

On 10/4/2016 at 9:04 AM, BlueHood said:

I think it would be cool to see a Megaxantho type creature added to the ark. Having a range of giant to small crabs running around on the shore and deep oceans, maybe only the mid sized ones could be tamed. I don't really know what other use they could have other than just having a giant crab to ride around on crippling creatures and players with its devastating pincer attack.

You could also grab peeps and maybe have a camo burrowing thing

I'm not one to re-post, but I think I got this one in the last Q&A after the answers were posted, So...

The building system in Ark is inadequate for the amazingly realistic maps with their lack of flat ground. This could easily be addressed by adding the ability to stack foundations (I can’t really think of any exploits here since all players would have equal ability to build this way), or by adding a halfway-up/halfway-down snap point at each foundation edge so that foundations can snap together while adapting to the incline/decline in the map. I personally would like to see both of these added, but just one would address the current need to build using pillars and ceilings if you want to build a large base.

In a previous Digest you said you would code the underwater rocks as buildable, Is this still something you plan to do?

Do you have any plans to adopt some of the decorative content that mods such as Ark Advance have developed? There are a lot of us who like to build large bases and would appreciate some more decorative options. The material specific containers would be much welcome additions.

14 hours ago, SurvivalArtist said:

Can you PLEASE put away that timer while you are writing smt on a note? I can never finish writing the things I want because it suddenly disappears and I am supposed to do it over and over again. THIS NEEDS TO STOP! And also: I dont want to craft a new note every time I would like to change smt on an already written one. Please also enable us to EDIT notes so that we actually have a logical use for them. Btw it would be awesome if we were able to place notes on a table or something to make it look realistic (deco!)

Write your note text using Notepad and then paste it in.

Would LOVE to see any or all of these addressed for Xbox One:

1. A more user-friendly interface on inventory pages. Split the screen into tabs that become navigable by utilizing the RB, LB, RT, & LT. Currently, using the left & right directional pad or thumbstick sends the highlighted box to non-intuitive places when moving from personal inventory to the inventory you're interacting with.

2. The ability to put the torch in the "offhand" when using single-handed weapons.

3. The ability to hand-gather resources with one hand when using a single-handed in the other.

4. Deadfall traps (prim+) inventory reduced to 2 or 3 slots.

5. A way to split & remove half of a stack of items from an external inventory. (This is particularly needed when removing stacks of ingots from a refining forge, which then do not go back into the forge when the player becomes encumbered.)

6. A color scheme on structures while placing that clearly identifies which side is front and which side is back. This is would be especially helpful when placing walls.

7. As SonnySynth suggested: the ability to alter the directions of water pipes. I'd also love to see an elbow pipe added, to allow for a single 90-degree turn instead of using a T-intersection piece to achieve the same result.

8. Metal storage boxes. (If we can make a fabricator and craft items like remote access keypads, I think a storage box might be within my ability.)

If you could add any creature to ARK: Survival Evolved, what would it be?

I'd prefer to see more performance and interface fixes done before more dinos are added to the game. 

Thanks!!

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived